[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Two years.

skylive5

I haven't quite been around these parts for two years (almost) but from the beginning I was aware of the respect you receive here Sky......and although I've never had the oppurtunity to meet you, it's clear to me you are a quality person.

One of the first big things I remember here was all the talk about the Sylive tour, and the thread which was awesome.....You're one of the guys that make this place great and I'm deeply sorry you have to go through this.

Maybe on the next tour you'll make it to Michigan....we have a few quality.......well Huddlers anyway :D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All we can do is cherish the time that we have together. During church service on Sunday we sang "On Eagles Wings". This is the song that my sister had on her husband's funeral many years ago and she says that it still makes her cry when she hears it.

All we can do is cherish the time that we have together.

Oh, believe me, MV, I do. The problem is that since we were an item from the time I was 13 it's impossible to seperate time with and time without since, for all practical purposes, there has never been a time without. Life after death is all about coping I guess. I do get up every day..... but I'm not all that positive on the coping part. All I really know is that "time" doesn't heal squat and that another day alone is another day alone. I understand what you and the others are saying and believe it when I say I try. Just a bit tough when one is only a half a person.

I think that April should be eliminated. Just go from March to May and then I wouldn't depress everyone. But then we wouldn't have neat things like my grandsons birthday or BC's new baby and stuff like that. I surely do hate April though.

Mike,

Sorry that I missed this thread too...i know there really isnt anything that any of us can say to take away your pain but remember that you always have those memories and no one can take them from you and also you know that you have a very large network of friends that you can lean on if and when needed...also as I have told you before I hope that Anna and I are able to live a life together with as much love as the two of you did...the love that the two of you share is an inspiration to us and I am sure many others.

Peace be with you my friend!

The phrasiology is bad....certainly. But "healing" doesn't mean forgetting.

It doesn't mean there isn't a constant ache (or even a gaping hole).

It never means we ever become "whole" or have no scars.

It only means that little by little...daily things become more bearable. :tup:

Not easy.....just a little more doable.

And of course...in case you haven't heard ALL the cliches yet....Time is Relative. :D

Two months to finish an FF draft seems like an eternity. :D

But obviously.....two years going through what you have, Mike, can seem like both an eternity to endure, yet the pain feels like it happened only a minute ago.

You can't put away the hurt you feel (and you shouldn't).....but you also just have to keep trying to celebrate her life in your children and their children and all the things she loved and cared about in this life. It's the only way to continue to breathe her joy into the life around you.

Otherwise, she only continues to exist in your sadness.....and you KNOW she'd hate that. :doh:

PS....nothing you don't already know....just thought I'd put it down on paper.

Love you, dearheart.... :D