[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Man, my students get dumber every year

wiegie

I just had a dipsh|t turn in a research paper with one of his references being from the website www.echeat.com

(the completely stupid thing about it is that he actually cited "www.echeat.com" as one of his sources.)

You gonna flunk him? :D

I just had a dipsh|t turn in a research paper with one of his references being from the website www.echeat.com

(the completely stupid thing about it is that he actually cited "www.echeat.com" as one of his sources.)

:carefullyreviewsworkscitedpageonthesisandotherpapers: :D

:D

You gonna flunk him? :D

I don't flunk students...

they flunk themselves.

(I said that to a class at the beginning of the semester once and I could tell who they good students were (they laughed) and who the bad students were (they narrowed their eyes and looked mad))

I don't flunk students...

they flunk themselves.

Here, Here! Well said. My wife is a teacher (and i hit it all the time too) and when she gives a kid bad marks or whatever the parents roll into the school and try to ruff.

Here, Here! Well said. My wife is a teacher (and i hit it all the time too) and when she gives a kid bad marks or whatever the parents roll into the school and try to ruff.

yah aint america grand .....

parent " why did you flunk my son"

me " because he never came to class or turned in his work"

parent " well he got on the bus every day to come to school so he was here"

me " NO HE WASN'T"

parent " well what was he doing"

me " do u want a real answer or a made up one"

parent " real"

me " He was smoken Josh Gordon and drinking"

parent " O that couldn't be my son"

me " Ok it wasn't"

parent " im going to talk to the principal. My son needs this credit so he can move to 11 grade"

me " feel free"

parent " you seem very care free about this. don't you care about my son"

me " sure but ive only met your son 3 times.... those are the only days he was in class"

parent " im going to get to the bottum of this"

me " good luck and ill see your son next year"

Edited by Yukon Cornelius

No kidding. You have to wonder how someone that stupid graduated kindergarten never mind high school.

um its about impossible to flunk, not graduate some one.... there are these people called lawyers that like to step in a make some money...

um its about impossible to flunk, not graduate some one.... there are these people called lawyers that like to step in a make some money...

What are you talking about?

Are you suggesting that teachers do not fail students because they are concerned about the school district being sued?

Maybe if you dressed more professionally, they'd pay better attention.

So, given that we are talking about kids who fail classes, your comment indicates that you are in agreement with me that only morans would be impressed by someone's clothing.

So, given that we are talking about kids who fail classes, your comment indicates that you are in agreement with me that only morans would be impressed by someone's clothing.

No.

Only a moran would deny that people are judged, in a large part, on their appearance and that clothing plays a major role.

This is obviously a very touchy subject for you. Did you miss my :D ?

What are you talking about?

Are you suggesting that teachers do not fail students because they are concerned about the school district being sued?

Actually , it's more of a "social promotion" thing. Regardless of what the grade is, districts can promote students. For some reason schools don't like 17 year old 6th graders. :D

No.

Only a moran would deny that people are judged, in a large part, on their appearance and that clothing plays a major role.

This is obviously a very touchy subject for you. Did you miss my :D ?

I didn't miss your :tup:, it's just more fun to go :D .

:doh:

Flunking a class at GVSU, now that's bad. :D

Yep.

(Actually though, GVSU's incoming students are behind only U of M and Michigan Tech in terms of ACT scores and high-school GPAs. (Or in other words, we take perfectly good students and then ruin them. (I once commented that GVSU was sort of like an East German automobile factory that took perfectly good steel and then turned it into cars that were worth less than the original steel they were built with... that comment didn't go over too well in my meeting.)))

This is akin to reporting income from a bank robbery to the IRS so that they don't try to convict you of tax evasion. Brilliant! :D

Pretty much what I was thinking. I don't condone cheating...but hey, if he hadn't placed the reference in there he would have got hit for not citing the reference. At least the student got that part right. So instead of an F- he should at least get an F+. LOL