[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dad's, father figures, and Puddy...

SuperBalla

One thing my wife and I did on my sons first birthday is have him pose for a photo wearing one of my shirts. Every year on his birthday we are going to have him in a picture wearing that shirt, and will keep a scrapbook of the photos until he turns 18.

Will give us a nice photo collection of how he has grown over the years.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing my wife and I did on my sons first birthday is have him pose for a photo wearing one of my shirts. Every year on his birthday we are going to have him in a picture wearing that shirt, and will keep a scrapbook of the photos until he turns 18.

Will give us a nice photo collection of how he has grown over the years.

Wanna bet that in 18 years you won't fit in the shirt any more?

As nice as the wine idea sounds, I would opt for something more personal. I don't know about you, but the last thing I would give a crap about at 18 would be a bottle of wine. Sure, it's a chance to get drunk somewhat illegally, but it's... wine. Eh.

The time capsule idea is good. Get family and friends to share some quips about all the funny things he's done over the past year. Record 10-15 minutes of good footage of him doing baby stuff. Snip some good newspaper articles from his first birthday day. I think that would mean more to him than a glass or two of something he may not even like. :D

As nice as the wine idea sounds, I would opt for something more personal. I don't know about you, but the last thing I would give a crap about at 18 would be a bottle of wine. Sure, it's a chance to get drunk somewhat illegally, but it's... wine. Eh.

The time capsule idea is good. Get family and friends to share some quips about all the funny things he's done over the past year. Record 10-15 minutes of good footage of him doing baby stuff. Snip some good newspaper articles from his first birthday day. I think that would mean more to him than a glass or two of something he may not even like. :D

The idea is to give it to him for his 21st not 18th.

The idea is to give it to him for his 21st not 18th.

I told my wife about the wine idea and she loved it. As suggested, we are going to wait a few years and then buy a 2006 wine and keep until he is 21.

I think he will definitely appreciate that it has been sitting and waiting that long.

We are also planning to do some sort of time capsule. Keep the good ideas coming.