[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

good night oil stocks

dmarc117

:D:tup:

taxes are the answer for everything!!

:D

I have no idea why I am bothering to do this. You guys are complete idiots and really aren’t worth the effort or even remotely “savable”.

Funny you guys always accuse the left of having some love of taxes when it is you who have some dogmatic hang up about getting rid of them.

I don’t like taxes. I also wish that my grass would grow to the perfect height and never need water or mowing. Unfortunately, that doesn’t work out. The only real difference between those of us who don’t automatically assume all taxes are bad and you guys who take some knee-jerk stance every time they get mentioned is the fact that we don’t live in a fantasy world. Fighting useless wars that make us exactly as safe as we were before they started cost money, repairing hurricane ravaged cities costs money. It’s just an unfortunate fact. We can pretend that these things are free, but they’re not.

Frankly, I’d rather not work and just buy all the toys I want. But the only way I could do that would be to rack up a huge debt. Sound familiar?

So, now we need to attack Iran. How in gods name to expect to pay for that?

Let’s put it like this:

Say you live in Central Florida and people in your community are concerned that all the kids are getting into too much trouble. You get it in your head that the best solution is that you need an outdoor ice skating rink to keep them off the streets. In fact, you convince a few in your neighborhood that you have overwhelming evidence to support that if you built this rink, all would be better. Then you go to the county and they say that you’re an idiot, but you push on undaunted. Then you start talking to guys who actually build outdoor skating rinks and they say you’re stupid, but you “stay the course”. Because only the dimwit across the street and a few stray homeless people ultimately buy into your idea, you end up basically footing the entire bill. Typically you might be able to use homeowner dues but you just pushed hard to abolish those earlier that year.

Oddly enough, the project turns into a total money pit and isn’t remotely successful. You spend every penny you have and take out multiple mortgages on your house. By now basically nobody is behind your idea as your evidence backing up why you needed the skating rink is exposed as complete rubbish. Now your family has turned against you as well. Of course, now it’s too late and you can’t back out, so you find money wherever you can and start borrowing from the scary mob dude on the corner. Of course, because it’s essentially impossible to build an outdoor skating rink in the swamp, the original problem is no better now than when you started.

Meanwhile, you’re hot water heater bursts and floods your entire basement so you need to borrow more money still. Then you get some pretty good intelligence that supports the fact that some evil rodents have taken up residence in your neighborhood and you absolutely have to take care of that. Of course, now you are completely strapped and are maxed out in debt. Further, you already abolished the homeowner dues and have completely ruined your credibility in terms of getting anyone else to chip in and help after the last, still unfinished fiasco.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go ahead and quote your insightful analysis from this thread, and I'll respond to it. I'll wait.

Just find the part where you or anyone else made any type of point in this thread, and quote it for me. I will take your intelligent commentary into consideration and form a thoughtful response.

Ok. Go.

Man, it got quiet in here.

Let’s put it like this:

Say you live in Central Florida and people in your community are concerned that all the kids are getting into too much trouble. You get it in your head that the best solution is that you need an outdoor ice skating rink to keep them off the streets. In fact, you convince a few in your neighborhood that you have overwhelming evidence to support that if you built this rink, all would be better. Then you go to the county and they say that you’re an idiot, but you push on undaunted. Then you start talking to guys who actually build outdoor skating rinks and they say you’re stupid, but you “stay the course”. Because only the dimwit across the street and a few stray homeless people ultimately buy into your idea, you end up basically footing the entire bill. Typically you might be able to use homeowner dues but you just pushed hard to abolish those earlier that year.

Oddly enough, the project turns into a total money pit and isn’t remotely successful. You spend every penny you have and take out multiple mortgages on your house. By now basically nobody is behind your idea as your evidence backing up why you needed the skating rink is exposed as complete rubbish. Now your family has turned against you as well. Of course, now it’s too late and you can’t back out, so you find money wherever you can and start borrowing from the scary mob dude on the corner. Of course, because it’s essentially impossible to build an outdoor skating rink in the swamp, the original problem is no better now than when you started.

Meanwhile, you’re hot water heater bursts and floods your entire basement so you need to borrow more money still. Then you get some pretty good intelligence that supports the fact that some evil rodents have taken up residence in your neighborhood and you absolutely have to take care of that. Of course, now you are completely strapped and are maxed out in debt. Further, you already abolished the homeowner dues and have completely ruined your credibility in terms of getting anyone else to chip in and help after the last, still unfinished fiasco.

No, wait... instead of stating the obvious I'll ask you, how does this off-the-wall story end? Does this person decide to file for welfare and leech off of other individuals for a prolonged period of time? Is this person you? Please, do tell... :D

No, wait... instead of stating the obvious I'll ask you, how does this off-the-wall story end? Does this person decide to file for welfare and leech off of other individuals for a prolonged period of time? Is this person you? Please, do tell... :D

You tell everyone that gay people are evil and invent new reasons why you should build the rink. Then you say it's hard work. I wish I could then say, The End, but it's not even close.

Edited by detlef

Man, it got quiet in here.

Dmarc and Bocephus must be spooning.

It was a poorly done fishing expedition from the get go. All they want is a view opposed to their's so they can spew their feelings w/ no regard to rational thought, nor would they even throughly read anyone's opposing view.

I'll go on record saying:

"I have no problem w/ a conservative view point. I'll read them all and comment when I see fit. I am NOT a political person (ALL politicians will hopefully burn in Hell), but I admit to being liberal vs conservative. :tup: Dmarc has some valued points, but not in this thread or the other just like it. The Grunt is conservative, but at least he READS posts when the others do not. Zeke is here to agitate. He cares not about one side or the other, he is here to stir the pot! Nothing more....Nothing less. I'll never understand that ilk, but attention is what he needs, so I say ignore and he'll go away like a jumping puppy! I have NEVER put a person on "Ignore", and I hope I never will. I'll read the crap w/ the Gold."

I've been around here a long time. And as Sky :doh: would say, "I keeps me going". (sorry for the paraphrase, my friend. :D ) Doofii and dilberts will always invade this place, but the people w/ grit and substance are why I stay. I have a long list of people w/ substance. I wish I could name them all, but I don't think I have to.

I'm done. Thanks for the :D .

Peace and prosperity to all!

rr26

That's my :D .

All I can say is "wow". I thought that the Mike Vick thread (pick any of them) was the dumbest thing that I have ever read at the Huddle. Then Bocepuss, dickymomo and the other one start a circle jerk with words like lib, commie, bad and roooooovvvveeeeeeee.......uhmmmmmmm. However, as usual, I have not heard anyone make a factual case that the "tax" is bad. Probably never will either...

All I can say is "wow". I thought that the Mike Vick thread (pick any of them) was the dumbest thing that I have ever read at the Huddle. Then Bocepuss, dickymomo and the other one start a circle jerk with words like lib, commie, bad and roooooovvvveeeeeeee.......uhmmmmmmm. However, as usual, I have not heard anyone make a factual case that the "tax" is bad. Probably never will either...

it is evil , agianst nascar, apple pie and banging you're sister

I think we can all agree that no corporation in the world will let their bottom line be significantly impacted by a huge increase in taxes. They will pass it on to the consumer and with a vengeance.

In the end, it would only hurt the hard working families that are trying to get to low paying jobs.

robn has just created a new huddlism for the dense and typical--the doofii.

That is the plural, by the way. :D

I been sayin' dat fer years! I think it deserves a place in our dictionary. Let's see what the powers-that-be say.

TY!

I think we can all agree that no corporation in the world will let their bottom line be significantly impacted by a huge increase in taxes. They will pass it on to the consumer and with a vengeance.

In the end, it would only hurt the hard working families that are trying to get to low paying jobs.

A huge increase in taxes? No one has posted a link or documentation as to what this tax actually is. I guess that everyone is formulating their own version of what this is then. We are spending at record levels now thanks to the commander in chief. How are we going to pay for it, tax the rich? :D

It was a poorly done fishing expedition from the get go. All they want is a view opposed to their's so they can spew their feelings w/ no regard to rational thought, nor would they even throughly read anyone's opposing view.

I'll go on record saying:

"I have no problem w/ a conservative view point. I'll read them all and comment when I see fit. I am NOT a political person (ALL politicians will hopefully burn in Hell), but I admit to being liberal vs conservative. :D Dmarc has some valued points, but not in this thread or the other just like it. The Grunt is conservative, but at least he READS posts when the others do not. Zeke is here to agitate. He cares not about one side or the other, he is here to stir the pot! Nothing more....Nothing less. I'll never understand that ilk, but attention is what he needs, so I say ignore and he'll go away like a jumping puppy! I have NEVER put a person on "Ignore", and I hope I never will. I'll read the crap w/ the Gold."

I've been around here a long time. And as Sky :D would say, "I keeps me going". (sorry for the paraphrase, my friend. :clap: ) Doofii and dilberts will always invade this place, but the people w/ grit and substance are why I stay. I have a long list of people w/ substance. I wish I could name them all, but I don't think I have to.

I'm done. Thanks for the :D .

Peace and prosperity to all!

rr26

That's my :D .

This is awesome. :tup: I bet you are even more aware of your surroundings in person, but with this post I can tell pick up on the small habits and characteristics of most huddlers -- even the Doofii, which most tend to ignore quickly. :clap:

I never have and probably never will put anyone on my ignore list either. :clap:

robn has just created a new huddlism for the dense and typical--the doofii.

That is the plural, by the way. :clap:

:clap:

Skins, your charisma continues to interest me to no end, and it's informative statements like this that keep you on my "favorites" list of huddlers. :clap::doh:

This is awesome. :D I bet you are even more aware of your surroundings in person, but with this post I can tell pick up on the small habits and characteristics of most huddlers -- even the Doofii, which most tend to ignore quickly. :doh:

I never have and probably never will put anyone on my ignore list either. :clap:

Skins, your charisma continues to interest me to no end, and it's informative statements like this that keep you on my "favorites" list of huddlers. :D:D

Stalker! :tup:

hay duffis middle america has taken it in the shorts for the last 7 years..... :D

Back when oil was $9 / barrel, was anyone feeling sorry for them?

Back when tech companies were going belly up, was anyone feeling sorry for them?

Back when financial companies were blowing up in the mid 1980s, was anyone feeling sorry for them?

Back when tech and telecom companies were printing money in the late 1990s, was anyone proposing a windfall tax?

Now that financial companies are printing money, was anyone proposing a windfall tax?

...so, why now, are oil and gas companies going to be taxed so differently that a special "windfall tax" is needed?

Relatedly, if you personally got a hugh raise, promotion or commission at work, and your pay jumped from $70,000 / yr to $250,000 / yr, how would you feel if you had to pay some sort of "personal windfall tax"?

...just doesn't make any sense to me.

Thank you Cindy Sheehan for the response. You may return to hating your country.

You wouldn't know sheet about serving your country, F's like you get the best and brightest killed for chest thumping purposes. Maroon. And before you mistakingly call me a Lib for for disagreeing with your unimformed azz, make sure you know one thing..... your mama was a cold fish in the sack

Back when tech companies were going belly up, was anyone feeling sorry for them?

Back when financial companies were blowing up in the mid 1980s, was anyone feeling sorry for them?

Back when tech and telecom companies were printing money in the late 1990s, was anyone proposing a windfall tax?

Now that financial companies are printing money, was anyone proposing a windfall tax?

...so, why now, are oil and gas companies going to be taxed so differently that a special "windfall tax" is needed?

Relatedly, if you personally got a hugh raise, promotion or commission at work, and your pay jumped from $70,000 / yr to $250,000 / yr, how would you feel if you had to pay some sort of "personal windfall tax"?

I'm pretty sure you would be paying a new tax if your income jumped that much...AMT. Right?

no kidding....its called 38% :D:D:tup:

Thank you Cindy Sheehan for the response. You may return to hating your country.

You wouldn't know sheet about serving your country, F's like you get the best and brightest killed for chest thumping purposes. Maroon. And before you mistakingly call me a Lib for for disagreeing with your unimformed azz, make sure you know one thing..... your mama was a cold fish in the sack

You are absolutely right. I know nothing about serving my country. This can be said for 94% of all men in this country. But I do know one thing. I can spot a traitor a mile away, your boy Ursa is in that category. Now you, I am not sure. Are you just a dumb lib as you say, or a true traitor? I will see. Now you may shoo comrade. I could care less about your opinion. But you are welcome to spew crap any time. Good luck punk.

Forget who to log in as this morning, Zeke? :D

How do you feel about the provisions of the bill that eliminate current tax breaks for oil/gas companies and the proposal to raise royalties for offshore drilling? If they are settting record profits, do they really need these things?

As for me personally, if I received an increase like that in my salary, I suppose that I would end up in a higher tax bracket, lose some of the credits/adjustments that are capped based on what you make, and therefore end up paying a higher percentage of my income in tax. I guess that I am like big oil. :D