[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Imus strikes back

polksalet

Interesting... in the aftermath of the Imus controversy did the FCC ever fine the radio station at all for his comments? Given how trigger-happy the FCC has become, if they did not fine the radio station at all, then its going to be hard to argue that what he said violated FCC regulations (which seems to be the basis of his firing).

Interesting... in the aftermath of the Imus controversy did the FCC ever fine the radio station at all for his comments? Given how trigger-happy the FCC has become, if they did not fine the radio station at all, then its going to be hard to argue that what he said violated FCC regulations (which seems to be the basis of his firing).

Its should boil down to the language of his contract. Whether he violated FCC regulations may not be relevant.

Its should boil down to the language of his contract. Whether he violated FCC regulations may not be relevant.

Well the language in the contract says that they can't fire him without giving him a kind of freebie warning first... but it sounds like they might be trying to say that they didn't have to warn him but could just outright fire him for FCC violations. At least that's what I got out of this article.

But I have no knowledge of the situation other than what I just read here.

Not really. He was fired by the PC police. He has said much worse things in the past and was never touched. From what I understand, what he said, wasn't even that bad, it was just another in a long line of off-color jokes, the same type that CBS has been paying him to say for years.

I hope he takes them to the cleaners.......

Edited by JoJoTheWebToedBoy

Well the language in the contract says that they can't fire him without giving him a kind of freebie warning first... but it sounds like they might be trying to say that they didn't have to warn him but could just outright fire him for FCC violations. At least that's what I got out of this article.

But I have no knowledge of the situation other than what I just read here.

Me either. Looks to me that people are just guessing about the language in the contract.

I'd like to take a look at the language at issue.

Some contract language has emeregd:

"Company (CBS Radio) acknowledges that Artist's (Imus') services to be rendered hereunder are of a unique, extraordinary, irreverent, intellectual, topical, controversial and personal character and that programs of the same general type and nature containing these components are desired by Company and are consistent with Company rules and policies."

link

No specific language regarding termination or the alleged "one-bite" clause has been leaked yet. Interesting.

I figured he was just another Rush. Racist and a radio host = Republican

Wow, I knew you were stupid, I didn't know you wore a football helmet while walking.

I haven't heard any reports of Imus molesting young boys, popping pills, or smoking meth with gay hookers.

So he's just a poser Republican or a poser Democrat?

These days calling somebody a liberal doesn’t tell you much about their politics. Heck, the Washington Post is supposed to be liberal despite its consistent support for Neocon foreign policies. The New York Times is supposed to be liberal, but no paper spent more effort creating and promoting the Whitewater scandal. The supposedly liberal Imus hates Gore and the Clintons. Which is probably why many Republicans put in a word for him.

I figured he was just another Rush. Racist and a radio host = Republican

That hurt almost as bad as an online gun shot.

Read what you wrote and tell me you can be objective :D .

Edited by Thews40

His finite box bending corners are trying to bend in upon his infinite box benders. He is trapped upon the finite benders of boxes trying to establish an infinte box bending job.

Either way it doesn't make any sense unless there was a magical infinite box maker who was trying to makes us fold finite boxes.

His finite box bending corners are trying to bend in upon his infinite box benders. He is trapped upon the finite benders of boxes trying to establish an infinte box bending job.

Either way it doesn't make any sense unless there was a magical infinite box maker who was trying to makes us fold finite boxes.

Hope your life is going well bushwacked.