[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Help!

Cyclones

1) Put on some plastic gloves.

2) Open a stick of juicy-fruit gum.

3) Put the stick of gum in the critter's hole.

The mole will eat the gum and it will clog up its intestines and eventually kill it.

So have we established that its a mole?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely sounds like moles. Spread some grub killer in your yard. Have any pets? Mine (both cat and dog) could spot (or hear or smell or something) the mounds moving slightly indicating the location of the little basturds, and I was able to spear them with a pitchfork. Quite fun.

Another idea is to consider using something like this Mole Repeller, or the P3 Solar Anti-Mole Device.

They both are very similar, but the second one is described like this:

This device transmits low-frequency vibrations to cause moles and voles to exhibit earthquake flight behaviour. Humans, useful wildlife and domestic pets are not affected by the vibrations. To operate the device, simply insert it into the ground, up to the upper part of the case. The integrated solar cells provide sufficient power and also recharge the integrated rechargeable batteries. That ensures that your Anti-Mole device can work at night too, thanks to solar power.

I live in Cincinnati. You are facing the common lawn-destroying mole, the most diabolical nemesis you will ever encounter! I fight the good fight against these things every year.

Moles will dig an entire network of tunnels through your yard - some along the surface, and some a foot or two deep. The piles of dirt are for the deeper holes as they push dirt up and out. You may have more than one mole, there is no way to tell. Moles tend to use a hole or tunnel for only a couple days and then move to a new section. This is breeding season, so the faster you act, the better.

1) I recommend against the grub killing chemicals. I have not had any luck with them. Plus, they kill other beneficial bugs. If your lawn looks OK otherwise, you probably don't have a grub problem anyway. Moles eat all kinds of bugs.

2) Never tried the tailpipe hose , but there is a related product on the market which emits a poisonous gas where you light a fuse and drop a stick of the stuff down a hole. Don't use it. It can kill the roots to your trees/shrubs. I found that out the hard way.

The main disadvantage to gassing methods is that you can't be sure you got the varmint. A hole may not necessarily be connected to the mole's network of tunnels because the tunnels are flimsy and collapse all the time. Although, if you pick a fresh one, your chances increase.

3) I've had mixed results with poison bait. Again, you don't know if you got the mole for sure, but I guess if you don't see any new activity the mole died or went to your neighbor. Also if you have pets, you don't want them eating the bait.

4) Seriously, the trap works, and you definitely know when you got one. Just move to a new spot if it doesn't trigger after 24 hours. You set it along the surface tunnels. Takes just a minute, and then you wait.

Making him gay is a little bit too drastic a measure to fight moles, no?

Dude, my cat has more sack than most huddlers I'd wager. My cat eats squirrel brains for breakfast, skull and all. Rabbits, possum, mole, some twice her size. We had a major mole problem when we moved into the house we are in now. Our lawn looked like the golf course from caddyshack. Gave the cat a few months, problem solved.

Another idea is to consider using something like this Mole Repeller, or the P3 Solar Anti-Mole Device.

They both are very similar, but the second one is described like this:

THese work great...I have 3 of them! Apparently, they arent irritated by the loud electronic buzz the first 5 minutes. So be patient, they take 4-5 days to make the mole vacate the premises.

Edited by Joessfl