[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who said this?

polksalet

"I will say, then, that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in anyway the social and political equality of the white and black races, that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of Negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people, and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together, there must be the position of superior and inferior. I, as much as any other man, am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race."

crap--it was Lincoln

Of course it was. You don't post a question like that unless the answer is utterly contrary to what most would expect. Besides, while Lincoln felt blacks should not be slaves, he didn't exactly want blacks to be co-equal citizens, either.

Of course it was. You don't post a question like that unless the answer is utterly contrary to what most would expect. Besides, while Lincoln felt blacks should not be slaves, he didn't exactly want blacks to be co-equal citizens, either.

I would agree with this for sure

While visiting some old Civil War fort on the NC coast, I picked up a book called "The South Was Right". Interesting read to be sure. They claimed that Lincoln's biggest issues with keeping slaves was that he didn't want black people here at all, that they were an inferior race and should be shipped back to Africa.

Of course, I don't know how much was right, but unless the POTUS being a two faced prick is some new phenomenon, I wouldn't put much past anyone who's ever aspired to that position. Honestly, is there a single one who hasn't left a mile long trail of wretched crap in their wake? The only one I can recall in my life time who seemed like a truly honest and good man was Carter and he was a freaking train wreck. Hell, I don't even know if he was even a good guy, 'cause I was really young at the time.

While visiting some old Civil War fort on the NC coast, I picked up a book called "The South Was Right". Interesting read to be sure. They claimed that Lincoln's biggest issues with keeping slaves was that he didn't want black people here at all, that they were an inferior race and should be shipped back to Africa.

Of course, I don't know how much was right, but unless the POTUS being a two faced prick is some new phenomenon, I wouldn't put much past anyone who's ever aspired to that position. Honestly, is there a single one who hasn't left a mile long trail of wretched crap in their wake? The only one I can recall in my life time who seemed like a truly honest and good man was Carter and he was a freaking train wreck. Hell, I don't even know if he was even a good guy, 'cause I was really young at the time.

He admitted he had "lust in his heart" in his interview with Playboy. NTTAWWT.