[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How many hours

Missoula Griz

Bob Slydell: You see, what we're actually trying to do here is, we're trying to get a feel for how people spend their day at work... so, if you would, would you walk us through a typical day, for you?

Peter Gibbons: Yeah.

Bob Slydell: Great.

Peter Gibbons: Well, I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late, ah, I use the side door - that way Lumbergh can't see me, heh heh - and, uh, after that I just sorta space out for about an hour.

Bob Porter: Da-uh? Space out?

Peter Gibbons: Yeah, I just stare at my desk; but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch, too. I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.

Do you work each day? I put in around 4-6. Gives me a lot of time to coach the kids and keep the house and yard in shape. I still make more coin then the wife who runs a bank and works 9 hours a day.

10 hour work days - four days a week....

Extra day off every other week in the summer...

I work like 4-6 hours of those 10 though... lot of waiting around in my business. four hours overtime rarely amounts to much more than an hour or two of real work

10 hour work days - four days a week....

Extra day off every other week in the summer...

I work like 4-6 hours of those 10 though... lot of waiting around in my business. four hours overtime rarely amounts to much more than an hour or two of real work

3 days off in a row would be nice.

70Hrs per week

wow

7days per week between Printing and Tattoos

Most weeks I work 12 hours / day average, including weekends. There are way too many days that I'm in the office until after midnight or don't leave at all. I do get 6 weeks of vacation every year. Last year I was able to take 2 days.

The last week and a half have not been like that though. I come in around 9, leave around 3 and am bored out of my skull while I'm in the office. The lull will come to an end sometime next week though.

Most weeks I work 12 hours / day average, including weekends. There are way too many days that I'm in the office until after midnight or don't leave at all. I do get 6 weeks of vacation every year. Last year I was able to take 2 days.

The last week and a half have not been like that though. I come in around 9, leave around 3 and am bored out of my skull while I'm in the office. The lull will come to an end sometime next week though.

You must really love your job, because there's no way in hell I'd work 12-hour days on the weekends or be at work at 3 am unless it's an emergency.

You must really love your job, because there's no way in hell I'd work 12-hour days on the weekends or be at work at 3 am unless it's an emergency.

He has to work those long hours to support his wifes shoe habit.

Oh, I usually don't put in 12 hours on the weekends, but I put in more than 12 during the weekdays so it averages out to 12/day. I try to put in no more than 6-7 / day on the weekends. Sometimes thats possible.

When I was living in Seattle, I used to pull my boat down to Portland almost every weekend to go fishing. Since moving to Portland 16 months ago, the boat has been in the water twice....but it's getting wet again this weekend!!!

At my last job, I worked 20 hours / week and had a lot of longer periods off. I have some making up to do. :D

My current job is definitely more rewarding and challenging than anything I've ever done. I suppose I'll burn out eventually, but careerwise, I need to put in the time now. No kids, no real obligations....just a growing wine collection.

My schedule recently has been an 8am meeting, then I plan projects all day. I go home around 5:30-6.

Then at 8pm I'm on call for helping installers until 3am. I sleep on the couch with the phone next to my head on vibrate so I don't wake up the wife.

Our business has expanded from about 20 units a month to about 100 units a month and they haven't hired my help yet. It is hard work, but it is appreciated.