[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I have the 1.03 in a new start up dynasty league

Okay I have the 1.03 in a new start up dynasty league

14 teams standard scoring PPR

Who would you target ? draft starts tomorrow and I need to pre-draft

S. Jackson is the player I would expect to get, has anyone read anything lately that would give you concern about drafting him at 1.03

if you can get him at 1.3, take him and run for the hills.

zero problems (except for maybe Leonard, but that's just part of the business)

I concur, even before I read any of the post-I saw 1.3 and said SJax, as he was a beast last year. He has gained value as well-last year anywhere from 4-6 and now 2-3 this season.

He's clearly the 1.2 in my mind.

Too many questions with LJ

Agreed...I was talking with a friend yesterday about a dynasty league draft and, given LJ's potential issues, we both thought SJax or Gore would be very solid high picks that we might take before him.

Good luck.

Can;t argue with what the others have said. SJax would be my target there, if he is gone, then go with LJ or even Alexander. I'm not 100% sold on Gore being worthy of that high of a pick, but I believe I may be in the minority with that opinion.

LT won't be there, obviously. That means you'll have one of LJ, Jackson, or Gore. All have great strengths with small negatives attached. With Jakson & Gore, the negatives are that they can get dinged up. With LJ it's his workload from last year & the state of the KC O.

Hard to dislike any of them at 1.03, but if I had to put them in order right now, it would be Jackson, then LJ, then Gore - IMO.

I'd be happy with Gore at #3 and would not trade down-my :D

As of now my top 5 would be

LT

SJax

Gore

LJ

Parker/Rudi

That's a good list. I might add Ronnie Brown at the end now that Saban has been run out of town. I'd find it hard to believe that another HC could be dumb enough not to use him a lot more. I'd also understand anyone who would want to flip-flop Gore & LJ in their positions - but it's highly subjective & debatable.

Getting your choice of Gore or LJ and then being in front of the LT & Jackson owner in the 2nd round puts you in a pretty solid spot.

I'd be happy with Gore at #3 and would not trade down-my :D

As of now my top 5 would be

LT

SJax

Gore

LJ

Parker/Rudi

That is a good list, but I would probably put LT down past Sjax and Gore. If we are talking dynasty league, you might squeeze two more great seasons out of LT, SJax 3-4, but Gore could anchor your team for 5-6 years. I would personally be hard pressed to take Tomlinson ahead of either of the guys with less mileage.

But the bottom line is you can't go wrong with whichever of these guys that fall to you. But if I were you I would be hoping someone takes LT before your pick, and pray you don't have to pick between him and LJ.

You are in the perfect spot in this draft, where the highest upside player should actually fall right to you.

That is a good list, but I would probably put LT down past Sjax and Gore. If we are talking dynasty league, you might squeeze two more great seasons out of LT, SJax 3-4, but Gore could anchor your team for 5-6 years. I would personally be hard pressed to take Tomlinson ahead of either of the guys with less mileage.

But the bottom line is you can't go wrong with whichever of these guys that fall to you. But if I were you I would be hoping someone takes LT before your pick, and pray you don't have to pick between him and LJ.

You are in the perfect spot in this draft, where the highest upside player should actually fall right to you.

I don't see how you can pass on LT in his prime. Less mileage, sure, but Gore's got a very checkered injury history. LT's missed one game in six years and performed at a high level the entire time. Personally, I think selecting Gore is over-thinking it.

I don't see how you can pass on LT in his prime. Less mileage, sure, but Gore's got a very checkered injury history. LT's missed one game in six years and performed at a high level the entire time. Personally, I think selecting Gore is over-thinking it.

Maybe. Or maybe taking LT first in a dynasty is short sighted.

I think Gore answered the questions about his injury situation last season.

In a redraft league I have no problem penciling in LT, but for dynasty I'll take my chances wtih the younger guy.

In a redraft league I have no problem penciling in LT, but for dynasty I'll take my chances wtih the younger guy.

Fair enough. As a general statement, people often get too focused on future potential, especially in dynasty leagues. I'm not saying that's the case here, because Gore seems to be hitting his stride, but it's extremely tough to think about someone's value 5-6 years down the road (and I realize that it's a necessity of dynasty leagues). Look at LJ, for instance - last year he's the #1 dynasty pick in most cases. A year later, we're talking about what to move him for.

I'd go with the surer thing and take LT. I think he'll be better over the next two to three years - after that, who knows. But that's me.

Edited by Fatman

I'm with Fatman. Constantly looking to the future in a dynasty is a surefire recipe for disaster, as you are, well, always looking ahead and never looking for the now.

IMO, LT is the #1 pick regardless of format. One mantra, and this applies to Gore, "One year does not make a stud". That's not to say he won't be a stud, but LT is as close to a sure thing as there is in this game. (knockonwood)

I'm with Fatman. Constantly looking to the future in a dynasty is a surefire recipe for disaster, as you are, well, always looking ahead and never looking for the now.

IMO, LT is the #1 pick regardless of format. One mantra, and this applies to Gore, "One year does not make a stud". That's not to say he won't be a stud, but LT is as close to a sure thing as there is in this game. (knockonwood)

And this is all getting harder. With player movement at an all time high, looking more than one season down the road is getting near impossible.

But with Tomlinson, the streak has been good. He has been on top for a while now. I can't cite specific research off the top of my head, but I would guess that the odds of Tomlinson continuing his run at the top for more than the next season ahead are probably not good from a historical perspective.

I am pretty sure we have seen Tomlinsons best (God help 11 of 12 owners if we haven't), and I think odds are Tomlinson will deliver diminishing returns from here on out.

You can't say that about Jackson or Gore.

Making youth your governing factor in a dynasty draft does one thing - it gets you beat. Talent always supercedes age, and the only time age should become an issue is if two players are relatively close in value. Gore & Tomlinson aren't anywhere near being in the same ballpark talent-wise.

LT goes first in any draft by owners with any amount of gray material between their ears.

Edited by Bronco Billy

LT goes first in any draft by owners with any amount of gray material between their ears.

It's settled then. BB has decreed that Tomlinson will be the best running back in the game for the next six years. Got it.

It's settled then. BB has decreed that Tomlinson will be the best running back in the game for the next six years. Got it.

:D

Fatman & BC say the same thing I do, but I get drilled for it?

Let me know when Gore puts up #1 or #2 FF RB numbers for 5 years running like Tomlinson has, instead of managing to be the 4th or 5th best FF RB for 1 year, and we'll talk. You put an awful lot of stock in a RB who has performed well for exactly 1 year & has a significant history of injury.

To each their own - but you'll never catch me taking that kind of huge risk with the #1 pick overall. You can't win the league in the first round, but you sure can lose it then...

And this is all getting harder. With player movement at an all time high, looking more than one season down the road is getting near impossible.

But with Tomlinson, the streak has been good. He has been on top for a while now. I can't cite specific research off the top of my head, but I would guess that the odds of Tomlinson continuing his run at the top for more than the next season ahead are probably not good from a historical perspective.

I am pretty sure we have seen Tomlinsons best (God help 11 of 12 owners if we haven't), and I think odds are Tomlinson will deliver diminishing returns from here on out.

You can't say that about Jackson or Gore.

I guess that's in how you consider it - LT has been at the top and can only go down from here. But maybe Gore and Jackson have hit their ceilings, as well. Based on talent, I think LT is far past the other two. That's important to me.