[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chavez, Popeflick.

evil_gop_liars

I liked the one in Children of Men. That movie was depressing as hell, but it was shot very well.

The one in "The Player" was sort of gratuitous and the way it pointed itself out was kinda cheap.

Not included: Tarantino's story in Four Rooms. It was totally a gimmick, but the story was engaging enough to pull it off. I liked it.

I like the long tracking shot in the opening sequence of Contact. :D

I heard once that the Spice Girls video for the song "Wannabe" was all done in one long take. I hate it when stupid crap like that gets stuck in my brain. :D

Where the f is Rope on that list? Talk about 8 of the greatest long takes ever put together. That's a glaring omission. Plus, putting the Player on it is a bit of a cop out because it wasn't done there for story effect but more as an homage to the Touch of Evil move, which deserves #1. If you've never seen that film you must right away.

Never mind on Rope - I see they talked about it. The one from Weekend is awesome as well. Too bad the clip isn't there.

For long takes, I've always liked this Nine Inch Nails video. Rock and Roll, baby.

Edited by Pope Flick

I liked the one in Children of Men. That movie was depressing as hell, but it was shot very well.

CoM has 2 amazing tracking shots - the car chase, which if you watch the bonus materials, was amazingly ingenious; and IIRC the bit where he races through the firefight to get the baby out of the hotel is one continuous shot as well.

And I thought the movie was amazing on just about every level. Three thumbs up.

:D

I hate seeing movies in the theatre. No bonus materials.

Fortunately, you should be able to "rent" a "DVD", which generally contains bonus materials in spades.

But this whole video rental scheme may not have reached Colorado yet, it's pretty newfangled.

Fortunately, you should be able to "rent" a "DVD", which generally contains bonus materials in spades.

But this whole video rental scheme may not have reached Colorado yet, it's pretty newfangled.

Rent a movie I've already seen? How gauche. Why don't you just make me a copy.

Rent a movie I've already seen? How gauche. Why don't you just make me a copy.

:D Dude, lawyers come here. Ixnay on the opycay alktay.

I heard once that the Spice Girls video for the song "Wannabe" was all done in one long take. I hate it when stupid crap like that gets stuck in my brain. :D

And since I can't help not knowing... I checked it out.

I could tell you the answer or make you watch. :D