[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

28 Weeks Later

seminoles

Just saw it tonight and I give it my seal of approval...and this is coming from a person who usually criticizes and dislikes most horror movies. It gets your heart racing as some points, and is not entirely predictable as most movies of the genre are. I haven't actually seen 28 Days Later so I can't compare the two at all, but it is hard to imagine 28 Days being better than this one.

Just saw it tonight and I give it my seal of approval...and this is coming from a person who usually criticizes and dislikes most horror movies. It gets your heart racing as some points, and is not entirely predictable as most movies of the genre are. I haven't actually seen 28 Days Later so I can't compare the two at all, but it is hard to imagine 28 Days being better than this one.

Do yourself a favor and go buy the DVD tonight and watch it. 28 days later is the best movie [not just horror] of the past 10 years including beating out LOTR IMHO.

Do yourself a favor and go buy the DVD tonight and watch it. 28 days later is the best movie [not just horror] of the past 10 years including beating out LOTR IMHO.

I wouldn't go quite that far, but it is a commendable film, top notch through and through.

The genius of this sequel is it gives us a look at the major event missed in the original.

Also, I say this series becomes a rel franchise: 28 Months Later, 28 Years Later, 28 Decades Later. In the right hands it could be a helluva romp.

the first 1/2 of the first was freaking great, the 2nd half? meh.

If you are talking about 28 days later I have to disagree. The 1st part was freaking awesome. The second part was showing us the Collapse of human social structure.

SPOILER OF 28 DAYS LATER**********************

When they showed up to the mansion with the military there I thought it was going to turn into a hold down the fort while the infected attack and only those three would survive. I was totally shocked the movie took that turn and freaking loved every second of the second half. It rocked and was well done.

I did not see 28 Days in the theater, I saw it on DVD, and there was two different endings, how did it end in the theater? Couldn't get Mrs RB to go see 28 weeks.

SPOILER.....................................................

Version A - He dies at the Hospital, and I do not think you know what happens to the chicks

Version B - They save him, and they are at a cottage in the country, and they flag down a military jet

I wouldn't go quite that far, but it is a commendable film, top notch through and through.

The genius of this sequel is it gives us a look at the major event missed in the original.

Also, I say this series becomes a rel franchise: 28 Months Later, 28 Years Later, 28 Decades Later. In the right hands it could be a helluva romp.

omigod, 28 centuries later would be sweet...full of flying cars and people eating dirt...

I did not see 28 Days in the theater, I saw it on DVD, and there was two different endings, how did it end in the theater? Couldn't get Mrs RB to go see 28 weeks.

SPOILER.....................................................

Version A - He dies at the Hospital, and I do not think you know what happens to the chicks

Version B - They save him, and they are at a cottage in the country, and they flag down a military jet

Actaully, the only difference was whether or not he died. In the end, they were found by the jet planes, but he is either there talking to her, or he is not and she is talking to the chicken in the 'he died' cut.

Actually, the very first one was called "28 Days" with sandra bullock, and the sequel was called "28 Days Later".

At least that is what I told the life partner to get her to go see it on her bday... 2 minutes in and rabid monkeys are ripping peoples faces off. :D

Man, that story never gets old.

Actually, the very first one was called "28 Days" with sandra bullock, and the sequel was called "28 Days Later".

At least that is what I told the life partner to get her to go see it on her bday... 2 minutes in and rabid monkeys are ripping peoples faces off. :D

:D

Not only are you my hero.....i want to have your baby.

Did they show both versions in the Theater?

No - they showed the version where he lived.

SPOILERS

I just saw 28 Weeks, and have to say it was quite good. My minor nits involve Carlyle the Infected making it solo down to the train tracks at the end, that was a bit forced and could have happened earlier but clearly they wanted to use Carlyle as much as possible.

My other nit is with the wife surviving the attack: she was jumped in a bedroom by what looked to be at least 5 infected with more implied. Given that they seem to attack until you become infected if she was immune wouldn't they have just kept attacking her until she died? I know they didn't show the actual details of how she got out but it sure didn't look good: 5 to 1 is tough for anyone to overcome. That being said, I'll let it slide as well because as a sequel it did what all sequels should do: it progressed the story significantly in showing some of Carlyle's motivation as an infected: they seemed to imply his guilt over abandoning his wife and his resentment when his children called him on it drove him into his rage. I find that psychological angle intriguing and providing a lot of story to mill in the sequel (which they have plans for).

Overall, I'd give it a solid 3 and a half out of 4. You like horror? Go see it.

I don't get the love for this movie, (28 weeks), at all. The only thing that this movie did for me was make me jump twice when it caught me off gaurd. No way would I suggest that anyone see this film.

That is 18.00 that I am pissed I just spent. :D