[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How would you be described in regards to Money ?

whomper

How would you be described in regards to Money?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. When it comes to money I would be considered

• Very Cheap
    • Frugal-not very Cheap but tight and cautious
    • Level headed not Cheap but not a spendthrift
    • Spendthrift
    • Reckless
    • Puddy

Ok, yall are some cheap bastards! The folks that we go out with on a regular basis, we will simply take turns picking up the dam check. No splitting bills. No arguing over how many onion rings each of us ate off the combo platter. No getting pissed that someone had the audacity to order an extra beer and expect me to pay 27 cents too much. I hate that crap. That is what women do. Order whatever you want. lets live for today and have a good time and not worry about somebody ordering too much or not paying for that side order of yams. I'll get the check and you can get it next time. nuff said. If I pay too many times, so f'n what? Now, if you arent the type to pick up a check, then we probably wont be going out to dinner together anyway.

Edited by spain

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, yall are some cheap bastards! The folks that we go out with on a regular basis, we will simply take turns picking up the dam check. No splitting bills. No arguing over how many onion rings each of us ate off the combo platter. No getting pissed that someone had the audacity to order an extra beer and expect me to pay 27 cents too much. I hate that crap. That is what women do. Order whatever you want. lets live for today and have a good time and not worry about somebody ordering too much or not paying for that side order of yams. I'll get the check and you can get it next time. nuff said. If I pay too many times, so f'n what? Now, if you arent the type to pick up a check, then we probably wont be going out to dinner together anyway.

When I get to be your age I'm sure we'll be in the same situation but that is rarely the case for people ages 26-33.

hey, in general i am the same way, as bier and probably a couple others here could attest. but when you go out to say hi to some folks you haven't seen in a while, and end up forking out 60 bucks for about 15 bucks worth of food and 7 bucks worth of wine, sorry but the wife is going to have to listen to a few grumbles from me on the ride home. not because 60 bucks is gonna break the bank, but mostly because of a LACK of the kind of common courtesy that allows the attitude you describe to hold sway.

hey, in general i am the same way, as bier and probably a couple others here could attest. but when you go out to say hi to some folks you haven't seen in a while, and end up forking out 60 bucks for about 15 bucks worth of food and 7 bucks worth of wine, sorry but the wife is going to have to listen to a few grumbles from me on the ride home. not because 60 bucks is gonna break the bank, but mostly because of a LACK of the kind of common courtesy that allows the attitude you describe to hold sway.

Exactly. People take advantage of others in this world. You don't have to be friends with these people or even choose to go out to meals with them, but I know a few people who are or have been inconsiderate in this area, but are otherwise very good people.

I hawk over my family finances. That's not to say I only buy stuff when I've got the cash. And I certainly had to reach on the price of my current home. But I'm pretty OCD when it comes to financial planning, so while I tend to spend a lot, I generally spend responsibly. And when I do spend frivolously, its never on stuff for myself.

Edited by yo mama

yeah, but i've been on the other end of that, too. like a few months ago when we met a few people, we got there after everyone else and basically had already eaten and mostly just wanted to say hi to everyone....all the entrees were family style, so we nibbled a bit here and there. i had one glass of wine, my wife drank water. of course, my bro-in-law ordered 3 or 4 bottles, thinks he's some sort of wine bigshot (the group was maybe 10 people), pretty sure there were a couple cocktails on there as well....the bill comes and you guessed it. bro-in-law: "should we just say $30 per person?" (or whatever it was). nice.

Only an ass would expect you to pay full price in that situation.

+1. It's not a monetary thing, it's basic courtesy not to freeload off others.