[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Local Radio

Footballjoe

I enjoy listening to Colin Cowherd most every day. However, there are days when our local station cuts him off for MLB, Triple A Ball, golf and other crap. :D Does this happen to you guys?

Nope. That's one of the good things about having XM.

Go XM, and you'll never go back.

Edited by SayItAintSoJoe

Don't get me started. We have two local radio stations owned by the same people. On Saturdays in the fall, rather than getting the ESPN gameday deal where they pop around from game to game, I get Duke pre-game, Duke game, Duke post-game. Freaking Duke football!!! As irritating as it is that both stations cover Duke, you can sort of understand it during hoops season. Well, not really considering that you can pretty much get both stations in the same places throughout the area. But freaking Duke football?!?!

Here's the real kicker, one of them also plays the Eastern Carolina game. A few years ago, they were even worse than Duke. I recall one Saturday, there were no less than 12 big games going on around the country between teams that actually mattered. Duke and ECU were playing at different times of the day, so we got ECU v Houston and Duke getting pummeled by whomever they were getting pummeled by.

That is almost as bad as the time when, again on a college FB Saturday, they broadcasted qualifying for some NASCAR race. QUALIFYING!!!! As boring as it would seem listening to NASCAR on the radio would be, imagine qualifying.

Don't get me started. We have two local radio stations owned by the same people. On Saturdays in the fall, rather than getting the ESPN gameday deal where they pop around from game to game, I get Duke pre-game, Duke game, Duke post-game. Freaking Duke football!!! As irritating as it is that both stations cover Duke, you can sort of understand it during hoops season. Well, not really considering that you can pretty much get both stations in the same places throughout the area. But freaking Duke football?!?!

Here's the real kicker, one of them also plays the Eastern Carolina game. A few years ago, they were even worse than Duke. I recall one Saturday, there were no less than 12 big games going on around the country between teams that actually mattered. Duke and ECU were playing at different times of the day, so we got ECU v Houston and Duke getting pummeled by whomever they were getting pummeled by.

That is almost as bad as the time when, again on a college FB Saturday, they broadcasted qualifying for some NASCAR race. QUALIFYING!!!! As boring as it would seem listening to NASCAR on the radio would be, imagine qualifying.

I'll give you this ... listening to a bunch of cars driving in a circle has to be on par with listening to golf.

Nope. That's one of the good things about having XM.

Go XM, and you'll never go back.

:D

Tuesday May 22, 8:43 am ET

Service Outages for XM Customers Continue Into Second Day

NEW YORK (AP) -- With XM Satellite Radio service outages entering a second day Tuesday, subscribers from around the country posted increasingly frustrated messages on user Web sites and analysts started raising the prospect of potential cancellations.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070522/xm_satellit..._bell.html?.v=1

Sorry, XM sucks, I get it w/Directv, sirius is where it's at, much better programming, plus it has the NFL channel, did you forget what bbs you are on?

I cannot stand local radio, half of it is stupid commercials. Get sat radio, you'll never have that over air radio on again.

:D

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070522/xm_satellit..._bell.html?.v=1

Sorry, XM sucks, I get it w/Directv, sirius is where it's at, much better programming, plus it has the NFL channel, did you forget what bbs you are on?

I cannot stand local radio, half of it is stupid commercials. Get sat radio, you'll never have that over air radio on again.

Word. I love me some Sirius. Between NFL Radio, Grunge, Retro Rap, 90s Station, Stern and the Spa Station for my classroom, I have all my bases covered. No commercials on the music stations makes it even better. I have the ESPN stations set on my presets, but I rarely listen to them.

Word. I love me some Sirius. Between NFL Radio, Grunge, Retro Rap, 90s Station, Stern and the Spa Station for my classroom, I have all my bases covered. No commercials on the music stations makes it even better. I have the ESPN stations set on my presets, but I rarely listen to them.

Yeah, but do you have Oprah and Larry King? Just kidding...I too think Sirius has a better lineup but I stayed with XM since it came with the car. When are these two supposed to merge anyway?

Either way, satellite radio rules.

Yeah, but do you have Oprah and Larry King? Just kidding...I too think Sirius has a better lineup but I stayed with XM since it came with the car. When are these two supposed to merge anyway?

Either way, satellite radio rules.

Which one is becoming the WalMart of satellite radio? And won't that be a bad thing? :D