[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

UFC 71, Who's Watchin?

stevenson

Granted I am a huge Jackson fan but that was the only way Quinton was going to win?

Uh do you not recall Quinton already whooped Chuck's ass so bad his corner threw in the towel? Chuck needs to fight Wanderlei Silva. But that should not be for the #1 contender. The #1 contender is the #1 Light Heavy Weight in the world. Shogun Rua has signed with the UFC and he will destroy all. Yes even Jackson (he already did).

Well, we will never know for sure.

Chuck's first fight with Rampage was 4 years ago and is irrelevant, considering that word came out that Chuck was fighting injured.

However, there can be no excuses, Rampage landed his shot and knocked Chuck out. Any speculation about what "would have happened" is just opinion and nothing more.

Rampage would f*ck this dude up.

Dumbest comment of the day. You have no idea who Shogun even is do you? Not only did he already beat Rampage but as you would say he f*cked him up. And this is coming from one of Rampage's biggest fans. Maybe you would like to watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwIdbLCzqrg

You can skip to around 4:30 to see a beating.

You need to realize that there are other fighting orginzations besides UFC. MMA did not start with Griffen/Bonnar clown. For a long time Pride put out a much better product.

Edited by Sleeping King

Dumbest comment of the day. You have no idea who Shogun even is do you? Not only did he already beat Rampage but as you would say he f*cked him up. And this is coming from one of Rampage's biggest fans. Maybe you would like to watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwIdbLCzqrg

You can skip to around 4:30 to see a beating.

You need to realize that there are other fighting orginzations besides UFC. MMA did not start with Griffen/Bonnar clown. For a long time Pride put out a much better product.

I certainly know who Shogun is, and I was watching MMA, 10 plus yrs ago when Ken Shamrock was the baddest man on the planet. I didnt know Shogun and rampage fought, so that was news to me. But Rampage was too timid in that fight to say the least. he gave his opponenet too much respect and that is all Shogun needed. Wouldnt surprise me to see Shogun get his ass kicked if they fight again. Poor strategy on Rampage part in that fight, and I doubt he starts out the same again. That crap they pass for UFC wanna bes, has never peaked my interest. And I dont need to realize anything, and Ill let the clown comment slide.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Why can't there just be conversations on this board, without everything turning to arguments and name-calling? We're all entitled to our own opinions.... That's the beauty of a message board. :D

Getting back to the topic at hand, I'm sure Rampage is more experienced and probably tougher now than he was when he fought Shogun, so it's hard to say what would happen if they fought again today. All I know is that some of the footage in that video of Shogun was pretty impressive. Then again, all of these guys have their own "highlight reels," so to speak, so you have to take into account who his opponents were in those highlights. Other than a young Rampage, a lot of those opponents were probably less accomplished fighters than, say, Liddell, Couture, etc. That said, I'm still excited to see some top talent outside of the UFC starting to sign with UFC, which should only make it more entertaining and competitive.

I just wish DirecTV would come up with a UFC channel, so I could purchase it on a yearly basis, rather than dropping $40-50 a month to watch it. :D I know, that's probably wishful thinking. :tup:

Why can't there just be conversations on this board, without everything turning to arguments and name-calling? We're all entitled to our own opinions.... That's the beauty of a message board. :D

Getting back to the topic at hand, I'm sure Rampage is more experienced and probably tougher now than he was when he fought Shogun, so it's hard to say what would happen if they fought again today. All I know is that some of the footage in that video of Shogun was pretty impressive. Then again, all of these guys have their own "highlight reels," so to speak, so you have to take into account who his opponents were in those highlights. Other than a young Rampage, a lot of those opponents were probably less accomplished fighters than, say, Liddell, Couture, etc. That said, I'm still excited to see some top talent outside of the UFC starting to sign with UFC, which should only make it more entertaining and competitive.

I just wish DirecTV would come up with a UFC channel, so I could purchase it on a yearly basis, rather than dropping $40-50 a month to watch it. :D I know, that's probably wishful thinking. :tup:

You are absolutely right about being excited that the UFC is bringing in bigger talent. There are so many matches I have wanted to see that now hopefully will happen.

Silva vs. Liddell-This needs to happen within 6 months. I have always felt the way to beat Chuck was to take the fight to him. You may get knocked out but Chuck keeps his hands so low you can catch him. Silva would not back up, he would come right at Chuck. This fight would rock all socks off.

Gomi vs. Penn-If Penn gets past Pulver they need to have these guys rematch. For anyone that does not know much about PRIDE FC go search Gomi on YouTube. The Fireball Kid is awesome. B.J. subbed him 4 years ago. Ironically, Gomi KO'ed Pulver. The two are probably the most technically sound fighters in the world.

And last my one off the wall fight I have always wanted to see.

Randy Couture vs. Mark Coleman-Call it the battle of grandpas. Couture is 43, Coleman 42. Both awesome wrestlers. I don't see this one ever happening because Coleman would be too low on the pecking order for a title shot and if Couture loses I think he is done.

Gopher you should check out http://www.thefightnetwork.com/

No UFC matches but they do have pre-post programming and carry a lot of smaller fights. It is in its infancy so hopefully it grows and helps UFC to come out with a MMA channel sooner.

Gopher you should check out http://www.thefightnetwork.com/

No UFC matches but they do have pre-post programming and carry a lot of smaller fights. It is in its infancy so hopefully it grows and helps UFC to come out with a MMA channel sooner.

I've got some inside info that says the UFC is working on a video player that will allow you to watch all of the past matches...

Gomi vs. Penn-If Penn gets past Pulver they need to have these guys rematch. For anyone that does not know much about PRIDE FC go search Gomi on YouTube. The Fireball Kid is awesome. B.J. subbed him 4 years ago. Ironically, Gomi KO'ed Pulver. The two are probably the most technically sound fighters in the world.

And last my one off the wall fight I have always wanted to see.

Randy Couture vs. Mark Coleman-Call it the battle of grandpas. Couture is 43, Coleman 42. Both awesome wrestlers. I don't see this one ever happening because Coleman would be too low on the pecking order for a title shot and if Couture loses I think he is done.

Penn will get past Pulver. Penn will rule his weight division.

And Mark Coleman doesnt deserve to fight Couture. I actually think Coleman shouldnt fight at all. I though he was going to die when he fought Fedor.

Eastman is certainly not a top fighter at the age of 37.

But Lidell is. :D

I am glad that UFC bought out Pride. Both organizations have top talent and to argue one is better than the other is just kind of stupid to me. I do think Fedor Emelianko is the best fighter in the world right now. I can't imagine Andre Arlovski, who is one of my favorite heavyweights, hanging with him in the ring. Also, the fact that Couture is currently the heavyweight champ of UFC is a disgrace. While I love me some Randy Couture, the fact that he got beat down handily by the light heavyweight champ twice (Lidell) and then went up to the heavyweight class again and won...well, so the heavyweight champ can't beat the light heavyweight champ (at the time anyway) is a sad state of affairs.

Anyway, MMA is just getting bigger and bigger. Move over boxing, there is a new sheriff in town! :D