[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

UFC 71, Who's Watchin?

stevenson

Guys does anyone here watch UFC? Im looking forward to UFC71 this Saturday .

Here's the fight card:

Chuck Liddell Vs. Quinton Jackson - Chuck

Terry Martin Vs. Ivan Salaverry - Martin

Josh Burkman Vs. Karo Parisyan - Karo

Houston Alexander Vs. Keith Jardine - Kieth

Kalib Starnes Vs. Chris Leben - Chris

Thiago Silva Vs. James Irvin - Irvin

Sean Salmon Vs. Alan Belcher - Belcher

Jeremy Stephens Vs. Din Thomas - Din

Carmelo Marrero Vs. Wilson Gouveia - Carmelo

Im excited to watch the main event Liddell vs Jackson (nice rampage video here) and Martin vs Salaverri fights.

Guys does anyone here watch UFC? Im looking forward to UFC71 this Saturday .

Here's the fight card:

Chuck Liddell Vs. Quinton Jackson - Chuck

Terry Martin Vs. Ivan Salaverry - Martin

Josh Burkman Vs. Karo Parisyan - Karo

Houston Alexander Vs. Keith Jardine - Kieth

Kalib Starnes Vs. Chris Leben - Chris

Thiago Silva Vs. James Irvin - Irvin

Sean Salmon Vs. Alan Belcher - Belcher

Jeremy Stephens Vs. Din Thomas - Din

Carmelo Marrero Vs. Wilson Gouveia - Carmelo

Im excited to watch the main event Liddell vs Jackson (nice rampage video here) and Martin vs Salaverri fights.

I usually watch, but, I"m not sure if I'm going to be in this Saturday. I think Liddell hammers Rampage this time around. I like Rampage, he is a funny guy, but, Chuck is a monster. However, as the St. Pierre fight proved, in this sport, you never, ever know. One solid shot to the face changes everything.

I watch all the UFCs and used to put some commentary on them as they went along in the Tailgate.

I really don't know who to pick between Chuck and Rampage. I think Rampage's style can give Chuck trouble (obvious from their first fight) but Chuck has progressed as a fighter since their first meeting. I think this one is a toss up.

Huge Chuck fan, but he doesnt beat Jackson.

This is a tough one but I believe that Liddell has progressed enough since his last fight with Jackson whereas I think Jackson has gone the other way. His last fight and debut in the UFC with Marvin Eastman was nothing spectacular. Eastman is certainly not a top fighter at the age of 37 and I think the UFC gave Jackson an easy fight thought I thought Eastman gave great effort and did rather well. Jitters and all for Jackson, perhaps knowing he will be fighting Chuck this will give him the incentive to push more however I'm sticking with Chuck. Anything can happen though as we seen with GSP or Rich Franklin.

Edited by stevenson

Huge Chuck fan, but he doesnt beat Jackson.

I'll take Chuck for a Huddle membership. You game ?

If nothing else, it will make tomorrow night more exciting....... :D

Dont get me wrong, Ill be rooting for Liddell, like i was rooting for Oscar on May 5. But I see the same fate for Liddell as Oscar. Hard fought loss. I hope Im wrong.

Good call Sarge. :D

Liddell was out-manned. He was no match for Rampage.

Well, I don't know that you can say that. It isn't like he got dominated for 5 rounds. He got hit square in the face and knocked out.

Well, I don't know that you can say that. It isn't like he got dominated for 5 rounds. He got hit square in the face and knocked out.

Yeah, completley caught off guard. I think we see Silva Vs. Liddell for the right to be the no.1 contender to fight our future champ Henderson.

There is no way he could have lasted 5 rounds.

I admit, I really haven't watched a whole lot of UFC, so I probably can't appreciate what Chuck can bring. But from the start, Rampage just stood in the middle of the ring, took a few shots and the moment he saw an opening, he pounced and pummelled Chuck.

Chuck went flat on the mat and Rampage could have done some serious damage had the fight not been stopped.

There is no way he could have lasted 5 rounds.

I admit, I really haven't watched a whole lot of UFC, so I probably can't appreciate what Chuck can bring. But from the start, Rampage just stood in the middle of the ring, took a few shots and the moment he saw an opening, he pounced and pummelled Chuck.

Chuck went flat on the mat and Rampage could have done some serious damage had the fight not been stopped.

Oh, I agree that the fight had to be stopped. Rampage absolutely clocked Chuck. However, I happen to think catching Chuck on the nose, like he did, was the only way Rampage was going to win. However, in the UFC, there is always a chance that someone gets nailed. Look at St. Pierre losing to Serra....... St. Pierre is 10 times the fighter Serra is, but, he got nailed.

Granted I am a huge Jackson fan but that was the only way Quinton was going to win?

Uh do you not recall Quinton already whooped Chuck's ass so bad his corner threw in the towel? Chuck needs to fight Wanderlei Silva. But that should not be for the #1 contender. The #1 contender is the #1 Light Heavy Weight in the world. Shogun Rua has signed with the UFC and he will destroy all. Yes even Jackson (he already did).

Edited by Sleeping King