[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Picture of the Joker in "The Dark Knight"

Avernus

Nice! Batman Begins was so much better than any of the other Batman movies, it's tough to even compare them. It showed what a good superhero movie could be (sort of like the first two X-Men movies and Spiderman). Great storyline, good special effects.

Nice! Batman Begins was so much better than any of the other Batman movies, it's tough to even compare them. It showed what a good superhero movie could be (sort of like the first two X-Men movies and Spiderman). Great storyline, good special effects.

exactly....and the best part about Batman Begins is there were very little special effects...at least in comparison to the previous Batman films along with x-men and spider-man...

The Dark Knight is and has been my most anticipated comic film ....more than spider-man 3 and the others....

That image has been out for about 2 weeks now, but this is the first time I've seen it in poster form. Love what they are trying to do with this series-- making it real world, yet not forgetting that it's a comic book character. Looking forward to this one.

* Matt Damon was offered the role of Harvey Dent.

* Hugh Jackman, and Ryan Phillippe expressed interest in the role of Districty Attorney Harvey Dent.

* The Dark Knight is the first Batman film to not have "Batman" in the title.

* This is the first Batfilm not to have a June premiere. Batman: June 23rd, 1989 Batman Returns: June 16th, 1992 Batman Forever: June 16th, 1995 Batman and Robin: June 20th, 1997 Batman Begins: June 15th, 2005 The Dark Knight: July 18th, 2008

* At the time when The Penguin was rumored to be in the movie, Bob Hoskins appeared as a fan favorite. He stated that he would have loved to portray the role and work with Christopher Nolan, calling him a fantastic director. Christopher Nolan then stated he had no intention of using The Penguin calling him a too far fetched character.

* Paul Bettany and Lachy Hulme were long-time front-runners for the role of Joker before Heath Ledger was cast.

* When asked, "Why Heath Ledger as the Joker?" Christopher Nolan said, "Because he's fearless."

* Turning down a salary estimated at between $1 million and $2 million

o an increase over the roughly $1 million she was believed to have earned for Batman Begins (2005) - Katie Holmes chose not to reprise her role as Rachel Dawes. This was due to what was described as 'scheduling conflicts'.

* Before Maggie Gyllenhaal replaced Katie Holmes in the role of Rachel Dawes, both Rachel McAdams and Emily Blunt were rumored for the part.

* Philip Seymour Hoffman was rumored to be up for the role of The Penguin.

* While filming on the streets of Chicago in April 2007, the filming was carried out under the fake movie title "Rory's First Kiss". Fliers regarding the filming carried this fake title, complete with a fake "RFK" logo for the movie and an address for the film's production offices.

That image has been out for about 2 weeks now, but this is the first time I've seen it in poster form. Love what they are trying to do with this series-- making it real world, yet not forgetting that it's a comic book character. Looking forward to this one.

yuup...I was late on the news...but Nolan is working on a masterpiece right here..

Say what you will about Heath Ledger and Brokeback Mountain, but the guy knows how to act. I am very excited to see him in this role.

And Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent? Solid!

I concur...I liked the Ledger casting from day one...alot of fans were making Brokeback references...but they are stale and almost forgotten after this picture that has surfaced...

Batman and Batman Returns were two of my favorite movies growing up...and Batman Begins blew them both away. Chris Nolan is the best thing to happen to this franchise. Although it was a bit hokey, the last scene of Begins where Gordon gives Batman the playing card got me extremely excited...this movie is going to awesome.

:D and I couldn't care less.

Batman and Batman Returns were two of my favorite movies growing up...and Batman Begins blew them both away. Chris Nolan is the best thing to happen to this franchise. Although it was a bit hokey, the last scene of Begins where Gordon gives Batman the playing card got me extremely excited...this movie is going to awesome.

Amen!

:D

* At the time when The Penguin was rumored to be in the movie, Bob Hoskins appeared as a fan favorite. He stated that he would have loved to portray the role and work with Christopher Nolan, calling him a fantastic director. Christopher Nolan then stated he had no intention of using The Penguin calling him a too far fetched character.

Right but everything else about Batman is highly likely? :D

Either way it should be awesome :D

Right but everything else about Batman is highly likely? :D

Either way it should be awesome :D

he's trying to make the Batman storyline come off as realistic as possible...aside from a few stretches, but he opens the possibility for something "unreal"...much like creating a clone in "The Prestige"

I loved that scene.

you have this problem too?....I did that with spider-man and it ruined it even more for me...:D....even though it was only decent..

i was successful in avoiding spiderman trailers, so at least i could look forward to seeing the cool special effects scenes for the first time. this helped to compensate for a mediocre movie overall.

my goal is to avoid trailers for movies i really want to see, and it's darn tough in today's world. once you try to do this, you realize how hard the movie companies are trying to spoil the experience for you. they want to get that 'wow' out of you so bad and they think it will compel you to see the movie. problem is, you know what is happening in the scene before it happens, so it ruins the movie experience.

it is sad that they feel they need to bait you so much to see the flick. it is much cooler to create hype and mystery by maybe only showing the movie name ... i only need to see 'fantastic four: rise of the silver surfer' and i'm there. they are not aiming at the real fans, unfortunately, they are trying to blanket the masses to bring in the herds ...

i was successful in avoiding spiderman trailers, so at least i could look forward to seeing the cool special effects scenes for the first time. this helped to compensate for a mediocre movie overall.

my goal is to avoid trailers for movies i really want to see, and it's darn tough in today's world. once you try to do this, you realize how hard the movie companies are trying to spoil the experience for you. they want to get that 'wow' out of you so bad and they think it will compel you to see the movie. problem is, you know what is happening in the scene before it happens, so it ruins the movie experience.

it is sad that they feel they need to bait you so much to see the flick. it is much cooler to create hype and mystery by maybe only showing the movie name ... i only need to see 'fantastic four: rise of the silver surfer' and i'm there. they are not aiming at the real fans, unfortunately, they are trying to blanket the masses to bring in the herds ...

exactly....

theres all kinds of stuff everywhere...

everyone knew about spiderman 3....even those extremely religios people that don't have TV's....as well as Amish people...

Katie Holmes chose not to reprise her role as Rachel Dawes.

Rachel McAdams were rumored for the part.

I hate it when actors bail on movies they know are going to have sequels, it really ruins the integrity and quality of the series...

However, I would have LOVED to see Rachel McAdams in this role! :D

I hate it when actors bail on movies they know are going to have sequels, it really ruins the integrity and quality of the series...

However, I would have LOVED to see Rachel McAdams in this role! :D

Katie has gone so far over the deep end, I don't think I want to see her on screen again.

Does McAdams have the acting chops to carry this role? I only know her from Wedding Crashers which was very vanilla as far as her role went IMO.