[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

More problems for Michael Prick... I mean Vick...

irish

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feds search Vick's property in dogfighting investigation

By HANK KURZ Jr. - AP Sports Writer

2007-06-07 17:48

SURRY, Va. (AP) - Federal law enforcement officials descended on a home owned by Michael Vick on Thursday armed with a search warrant that suggests they're taking over an investigation into the Falcons quarterback's possible involvement in dogfighting.

More than a dozen vehicles went to the home early in the afternoon and investigators searched inside before turning their attention to the area where officials found dozens of dogs in late April and evidence that suggested the home was involved in a dogfighting operation.

Surry County officials had secured a search warrant in late May based on an informant's information to look for as many as 30 dog carcasses buried on the property. The warrant never was executed because Commonwealth's Attorney Gerald G. Poindexter said he had issues with the way it was worded.

That search warrant expired Thursday.

``What is foreign to me is the federal government getting into a dogfighting case,'' Poindexter said. ``I know it's been done, but what's driving this? Is it this boy's celebrity? Would they have done this if it wasn't Michael Vick?''

Poindexter said he was ``absolutely floored'' that federal officials got involved, and that he believes he and Sheriff Harold D. Brown handled the investigation properly.

``Apparently these people want it,'' Poindexter said. ``They want it, and I don't believe they want it because of the serious criminal consequences involved. ... They want it because Michael Vick may be involved.''

Poindexter said he found out about a sealed search warrant filed in the U.S. Attorney's office about the time federal investigators executed it Thursday.

State police assisted investigators from the U.S. Department of Agriculture and the U.S. Attorney's office in executing the warrant, Virginia State Police Sgt. D.S. Carr said, declining to comment further.

The U.S. Attorney's office would not confirm a search warrant was filed.

During an April 25 drug raid on the home Vick owns in the county, authorities seized 66 dogs, including 55 pit bulls, and equipment that suggested someone at the property was involved in a dogfighting operation.

A search warrant affidavit said some of the dogs were in individual kennels and about 30 were tethered with ``heavy logging-type chains'' buried in the ground. The chains allowed the dogs to get close to each other, but not to have contact, one of myriad findings on the property that suggested a dogfighting operation.

Others included a rape stand, used to hold non-receptive dogs in place for mating; an electric treadmill modified to be used by dogs; a ``pry bar'' used to open the clamped-down mouths of dogs; and a bloodied piece of carpeting the authorities believe was used in dog fights. Carpeting gives dogs traction in a plywood fighting pit.

Vick has claimed he rarely visits the home and was unaware it could be involved in a criminal enterprise. He also has blamed family members for taking advantage of his generosity. Vick's cousin, Davon Boddie, was living at the home at the time of the raids.

Vick, a registered dog breeder, has said in more recent interviews that his lawyers have advised him not to discuss the investigation.

Seems like the DA will stop at nothing to get him.... but they won't.

can i ask you a really simple question? what do you really even like about him? i really don't know why there are so many people apologizing for this guy and making comments like the above one almost taunting that he will get off. but i don't think you are a bad person or would support a bad person, which leads me to ask what you like about him so much that you feel you should defend him to your last breath. was it him flipping off the fans? was it him being suspected of sneaking pot through an airport? is it his cool ron mexico nickname?

again, it's nothing against you because i've never seen you say anything to anyone that would make me think that you are a jerk. but why do you support him? this is a serious question.

Seems like the DA will stop at nothing to get him.... but they won't.

His job is to prosecute folks who break the law. Do you want him to disregard his duties simply because Mike Vick is a famous person?

can i ask you a really simple question? what do you really even like about him? i really don't know why there are so many people apologizing for this guy and making comments like the above one almost taunting that he will get off. but i don't think you are a bad person or would support a bad person, which leads me to ask what you like about him so much that you feel you should defend him to your last breath. was it him flipping off the fans? was it him being suspected of sneaking pot through an airport? is it his cool ron mexico nickname?

again, it's nothing against you because i've never seen you say anything to anyone that would make me think that you are a jerk. but why do you support him? this is a serious question.

I've always loved how Vick is a different player in the NFL. His speed enables him to do so much at a position where you're mainly criticized on your arm. Do you not like watching him play? I'm not apologizing for him but people should at least give him due process before jumping on his ass. He will not be suspended or put in jail.

His job is to prosecute folks who break the law. Do you want him to disregard his duties simply because Mike Vick is a famous person?

Because they always dig up the whole lawn to look for dog caucuses?

When they have probable cause to look for evidence of a crime in a particular location, thats where they look. Somebody told them that dogs were buried in that yard. So, they dig in that location looking for evidence. What are you saying that they have done that is inappropriate?

I've always loved how Vick is a different player in the NFL. His speed enables him to do so much at a position where you're mainly criticized on your arm. Do you not like watching him play? I'm not apologizing for him but people should at least give him due process before jumping on his ass. He will not be suspended or put in jail.

no, i don't particularly like watching him play. i like watching his highlights because he's got tremendous athletic ability, but i don't enjoy watching him play a whole game anymore than peyton, favre, elway, brees, bulger, rex, mcnabb, montana, delhomme, etc., etc., etc. he's not special to me other than those 3 plays a year that make me go "whoa". but i guess that's not really what i'm getting at. i'll ask this question because i think it's more to the point.

if it's found that he is guilty of all the things he's been accused of, will you still defend him like you do now just because of his athletic talent?

I can easily say I don't enjoy watching him play. He came to Soldier Field two seasons ago and he was awful. He didn't provide one "wow" play and that is what he is good for. It'd be kinda cool if he came into his own but I feel it is too late. There are many other quarterbacks I'd pay money to go see over Vick, easy.

When they have probable cause to look for evidence of a crime in a particular location, thats where they look. Somebody told them that dogs were buried in that yard. So, they dig in that location looking for evidence. What are you saying that they have done that is inappropriate?

This is 100% true, honestly, what have they done wrong?

If the Feds took this, it's because they most likely sniff that Poindexter is in Vicks pocket, I thought letting a search warrant expire for something like this was very fishy....apparently so did the Big Law.

I'm suprised this hasn't been talked about more. Very interesting point.

Do the feds always have a visit? I'm not arguing the case as I think there was dog fighting done but Vick's involvement to my AND your knowledge is none.

no, i don't particularly like watching him play. i like watching his highlights because he's got tremendous athletic ability, but i don't enjoy watching him play a whole game anymore than peyton, favre, elway, brees, bulger, rex, mcnabb, montana, delhomme, etc., etc., etc. he's not special to me other than those 3 plays a year that make me go "whoa". but i guess that's not really what i'm getting at. i'll ask this question because i think it's more to the point.

if it's found that he is guilty of all the things he's been accused of, will you still defend him like you do now just because of his athletic talent?

No but I wasn't in the previous post either was I now.

I can easily say I don't enjoy watching him play. He came to Soldier Field two seasons ago and he was awful. He didn't provide one "wow" play and that is what he is good for. It'd be kinda cool if he came into his own but I feel it is too late. There are many other quarterbacks I'd pay money to go see over Vick, easy.

Like who Rex?

Do the feds always have a visit? I'm not arguing the case as I think there was dog fighting done but Vick's involvement to my AND your knowledge is none.

No but I wasn't in the previous post either was I now.

Like who Rex?

Grossman

Vick

Losman

Delhomme

Frye

Kitna

Leftwich

Green

Jackson

Eli Manning

Roethlisberger

Simms

Quickly looking over the depth charts, if we are just basing it off watching a quarterback performance, I wouldn't pay to see to watch any of these guys.

Great comeback with Rex. :D

When the case has gotten this much attention, I would imagine the feds would get involved.

And about knowledge if Vick was involved or not, all evidence that has been reported by the media, eyewitness accounts and all, shows that the investigators believe Vick was involved. I'll take their word.

Do you think OJ was innocent? :D

Edited by Goopster24

Grossman

Vick

Losman

Delhomme

Frye

Kitna

Leftwich

Green

Jackson

Eli Manning

Roethlisberger

Simms

Quickly looking over the depth charts, if we are just basing it off watching a quarterback performance, I wouldn't pay to see to watch any of these guys.

Great comeback with Rex. :D

:D

:tup: