[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WSOP Updates

Easy n Dirty

Sounds good, I'll look for you.

How many people are you expecting for this tourney? I'm thinking in the 150-200 range.

Also, just a quick heads-up if you are running the tourney. My brother & I are both physically handicapped. We need a few small accommodations to play. We bring someone with us to show us our cards, to handle our chips, ect..

When I played in the $500 WPT tourney in 2005, The Borgata people couldn't be nicer. They helped me out without any complaints so I'm assuming the same thing will be done on Saturday.

It's so hard to say how many we'll get, with the WSOP drawing so many of our tournament regulars away. Last year the Saturday event had 201 players. Sounds like a good over/under for this year too.

We always allow for people needing playing assistants to help out. It's never a problem. The only thing we ask is the paid entrant is the only one making decisions on the play of the hand. I'm guessing you know this, but it's been an issue once or twice in the past.

Best of luck!

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's so hard to say how many we'll get, with the WSOP drawing so many of our tournament regulars away. Last year the Saturday event had 201 players. Sounds like a good over/under for this year too.

We always allow for people needing playing assistants to help out. It's never a problem. The only thing we ask is the paid entrant is the only one making decisions on the play of the hand. I'm guessing you know this, but it's been an issue once or twice in the past.

Best of luck!

201, wow that's a nice turnout.

We know that we're the only ones who are allowed to decide how to play the hand. Besides our mother helps us a lot & she's clueless at poker so we are good there.

Thanks!

I know I've hyped the show before, but anyone watching Poker After Dark this week. THeir second table of WSOP champs, this one featuring Gold, Hachem, Raymer, Seed, Brunson and Chan. Raymer was first out after a rough run of getting rivered, Chan being the beneficiary.

I enjoy this show because they do show probably 85%+ of the hands, plus I like hearing the dialogie at the table. Doyle hadn't turned off his cell phone and answered it to find out that Mike Sexton has won a match on the golf course that Doyle had bet on. They joked because Doyle had won more on Sexton than he will get if he wins this table ($120,000 to the winner). Then he was talking about how Lebron James had just bought the house next door to his in Vegas.

Quick Note - Will get standing updated probabl around my lunch time, but the results page on CardPlayer had not been updated with last nights results as of about an hour ago.

Edited by Big Country

Updated through events completed yesterday:

With the format of the Shotout event, #21, I am only giving points to the final 9, as there were 30+ people paid at the level below the top 9. I believe this is what we did last year.

Here are the standings:

Player Score

cyclones 5654

Tbone 65 5272

BringBackPat 4934

muck 4914

TimC 4554

wildcat3334 4538

Easy N Dirty 4498

Big Country 4446

chiefjay 4392

SeattleLawDawg 4310

TimmyPG 4132

skylive5 4082

geeteebee 3944

kerwin8 3912

KState2000 3902

jaxfactor 3794

spain 3634

SheikYerbuti 3238

godtomsatan 3052

With no events schedule to finish today, next update will probably be on Monday for the events finishing this weekend, unless Iget a chance to get on over the weekend and do the update (maybe late Sat night if I do)

I know I've hyped the show before, but anyone watching Poker After Dark this week. THeir second table of WSOP champs, this one featuring Gold, Hachem, Raymer, Seed, Brunson and Chan. Raymer was first out after a rough run of getting rivered, Chan being the beneficiary.

I enjoy this show because they do show probably 85%+ of the hands, plus I like hearing the dialogie at the table. Doyle hadn't turned off his cell phone and answered it to find out that Mike Sexton has won a match on the golf course that Doyle had bet on. They joked because Doyle had won more on Sexton than he will get if he wins this table ($120,000 to the winner). Then he was talking about how Lebron James had just bought the house next door to his in Vegas.

Quick Note - Will get standing updated probabl around my lunch time, but the results page on CardPlayer had not been updated with last nights results as of about an hour ago.

I was watching it all the time....but the last several have been repeats, including the one you are talking about. Hopefully they will have a new season soon.

I was watching it all the time....but the last several have been repeats, including the one you are talking about. Hopefully they will have a new season soon.

Actually, the one I am talking about is from this week, and it is a new one.

THe previous WSOP Champs table did not have Hachem and Raymer at it, it was Moneymaker and I believe Mortenson (blanking right now so am not 100% on this).

You know it is new as they are discussing some of the newer gambling legislation that is being talked about sich as the Barney Frank amendments and Gold and Raymer have, what I think is obviously a staged conversation they planned, a talk about the PPA and the goal to get to 1 million members this year.

I would have thought that I would have made more progress after the last update given that I have Danny N at #2, Lindgren at #3, Forrest at #6 and Raymer at #13 ...

Double checked based on your comment here, and there was an error on the Lindgren scoring (somehow I missed that in the entries, some people had it Eric, and others Erick and it apparently is the only one I didn't catch, even though I specifically check for that one)

Here are the corrected totals:

Player Score

cyclones 5654

muck 5274

Tbone 65 5272

BringBackPat 4934

wildcat3334 4858

Big Country 4786

chiefjay 4652

TimC 4554

SeattleLawDawg 4530

Easy N Dirty 4498

jaxfactor 4174

TimmyPG 4132

skylive5 4082

kerwin8 3972

geeteebee 3944

KState2000 3902

spain 3834

SheikYerbuti 3538

godtomsatan 3052

Double checked based on your comment here, and there was an error on the Lindgren scoring (somehow I missed that in the entries, some people had it Eric, and others Erick and it apparently is the only one I didn't catch, even though I specifically check for that one)

Player Score

cyclones 5654

muck 5274

Tbone 65 5272

BringBackPat 4934

wildcat3334 4858

Big Country 4786

chiefjay 4652

TimC 4554

SeattleLawDawg 4530

Easy N Dirty 4498

jaxfactor 4174

TimmyPG 4132

skylive5 4082

kerwin8 3972

geeteebee 3944

KState2000 3902

spain 3834

SheikYerbuti 3538

godtomsatan 3052

If I complain...will you raise my score too? Huh? Huh?

...thanks...

...thanks...

I had his name incorrect (left off the K) on my overall player list, and I had not gone back and corrected the misspelling of his names in entries, so, those that misspelled his name were getting points correctly, those, like you, that spelled it correctly were still showing zero points for him.

Event 19 - $2500 NLHE, 1,1013 entries - Francois Safieddine wins it, Humberto Brenes comes in 7th, Matusow 11th.

Event 20 - $2k 7-card Hi/Lo 8/OB - 340 entries - Ryan Hughes wins it, Greg raymer takes 4th, Ted Forrest is 11th.

Event 21 - $1500 NLHE shootout - Negreanu takes 3rd, Lindgren takes 8th, Fred Goldberg 9th. I believe BC's last update includes everything through this event, but I'm not certain of that.

Event 22 - $5k NLHE - 640 entries. Down to final table of 9 now. Michael Gracz is 6th (I don't think anyone had him, but he's having a pretty good World Series thus far), Phil Laak finsihed 11th, Kathy Lievert 13th. TJ Cloutier just missed hitting the board for our contest, he finsihed around 23rd.

Event 23 - $1500 PL Omaha - 576 entries, now down to 23 players. Johnny Chan is 3rd and Eric Lynch 7th in chips.

Event 24 - $3k 7-card Hi/Lo 8/OB - 236 entries, field essentially cut in half to 120 now. Mike Matusow, Marcel Luske and Hasan Habib among the chip leaders, I think Miami John Ceruto is also doing well.

Speaking of Lindgren, here's an anecdote from Cardplayer.com's coverage of event #24:

"Their empty spots were soon filled with Tony Guoga and Erick Lindgren. Lindgren wasted no time having fun with his table by telling them about a consistent prop bet that he has been making. When you enter any poker room, you are deluged by the sound of players riffling chips; it’s like second nature. Lindgren has been betting $5,000 with players to see who can go the longest at the table without riffling their chips. He mentioned beating Phil Ivey in the bet, and even being duped into losing it with Michael Mizrachi, who asked him to clarify what he meant by riffle (Lindgren then demonstrated and had to pay someone else off)."

Event 22 - $5k NLHE - 640 entries. Phil Laak finsihed 11th

Points! Yes!

Event 23 - $1500 PL Omaha - 576 entries, now down to 23 players. Johnny Chan is 3rd

Come on Johnny!

Event 24 - $3k 7-card Hi/Lo 8/OB - 236 entries, field essentially cut in half to 120 now. Marcel Luske

Hang in there Marcel.....! Hang in there!

Despite not doing well this year..... I'm still interested.

Updated through all events completed as of last night.

Player Score

cyclones 6338

muck 5886

BringBackPat 5560

wildcat3334 5506

Tbone 65 5500

TimC 5370

Big Country 5294

SeattleLawDawg 5250

Easy N Dirty 5218

kerwin8 5132

chiefjay 5084

skylive5 5038

jaxfactor 4786

TimmyPG 4780

KState2000 4514

SheikYerbuti 4418

geeteebee 4340

spain 4050

godtomsatan 3340

Updated through all events completed as of last night.

Player Score

cyclones 6338

muck 5886

BringBackPat 5560

wildcat3334 5506

Tbone 65 5500

TimC 5370

Big Country 5294

SeattleLawDawg 5250

Easy N Dirty 5218

kerwin8 5132

chiefjay 5084

skylive5 5038

jaxfactor 4786

TimmyPG 4780

KState2000 4514

SheikYerbuti 4418

geeteebee 4340

spain 4050

godtomsatan 3340

Woohoo! Stretched out the lead. Thanks to the Phils.

Woohoo! Stretched out the lead. Thanks to the Phils.

Note that you and I have Hellmuth at #1 and A.C. at #7 ... so those two players will exactly cancel each other out. And, I have Danny N at #2 and you have him at #4...so, that'll pretty close to cancel each other out (same with Ivey, my 5 and your 2; Seidel, my 10 and your 5; Juanda, my 11 and your 6; Hachem, my 4 and your 10; Raymer, my 13 and your 11).

Essentially, between you and I (at least) it'll come down to how Lindgren (my #3; not on your list), Forrest (my #6; not on your list), Harman (my #8; not on your list) and Greenstein (my #10; not on your list) do against Ferguson (your #3; my #19), Matusow (your #8; not on my list), MMizrachi (your #9; not on my list) and Ulliot (your #12; not on my list).

Good luck.

Edited by muck

Note that you and I have Hellmuth at #1 and A.C. at #7 ... so those two players will exactly cancel each other out. And, I have Danny N at #2 and you have him at #4...so, that'll pretty close to cancel each other out (same with Ivey, my 5 and your 2; Seidel, my 10 and your 5; Juanda, my 11 and your 6; Hachem, my 4 and your 10; Raymer, my 13 and your 11).

Essentially, between you and I (at least) it'll come down to how Lindgren (my #3; not on your list), Forrest (my #6; not on your list), Harman (my #8; not on your list) and Greenstein (my #10; not on your list) do against Ferguson (your #3; my #19), Matusow (your #8; not on my list), MMizrachi (your #9; not on my list) and Ulliot (your #12; not on my list).

Good luck.

It could be that someone else catches and passes us.