[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WSOP Updates

Easy n Dirty

A little off topic but.. Do you guys enjoy watching Humberto or does he annoy you? I personally can't stand watching the guy and get very annoyed to the point of turning the channel when he is on.

I would also assume people hate playing at the same table with the guy.

is this just me or do people agree?

As much as I like Daniel for his trash talking and I HATE Humberto and his shark

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little off topic but.. Do you guys enjoy watching Humberto or does he annoy you? I personally can't stand watching the guy and get very annoyed to the point of turning the channel when he is on.

I have always liked the guy....but he IS starting to wear a tad thin. Years ago he was okay...funny and a darn good poker player to watch. The last couple years he seems to have lost it.

But then.... Negrnanu has become a drag too. His constant belittling of other players and his holyier than thou attitude is just as bad as Humberto's schtick.

I've never seen Negreanu belittle another player at the table. He may talk a bit about how MAtusow or Hellnuth play, but they are friends away fro mthe table and it is all well-intentioned ribbing amonst one another. Just like Antonio and Phil Laak needling one another.

And, Negreanu just signed on with PokerStars. Looks like a nice little payday for him.

Got file rebuilt and have updated through Event 11. Still need to get Events 12-14 in there, but work is calling me away for a bit, so, here are standings through event 11 (will see some significant movement when I add these next three in as Allen Cunningham was on 18 of the 19 entries, and once today's events conclude, depending on Hellmuth's finish we will again see movement as he is on 17 of the 19 entries):

Player Score

chiefjay 2320

cyclones 2244

Easy N Dirty 2048

kerwin8 1992

BringBackPat 1674

geeteebee 1656

TimmyPG 1612

KState2000 1520

Big Country 1492

SeattleLawDawg 1480

TimC 1452

wildcat3334 1404

jaxfactor 1386

Tbone 65 1324

muck 1176

skylive5 1020

spain 782

godtomsatan 768

SheikYerbuti 464

And, Negreanu just signed on with PokerStars. Looks like a nice little payday for him.

I saw that also, but was a little confused seeing as he already hosts his own online pokerroom at FullTiltPoker. Did he shut that one down? Seems odd that he could both sponsor and compete with PokerStars at the same time.

Humberto is the epitome of Nu Poker Skool douchebag. Which is ironic really, since he's been a successful tournament player for decades before the Moneymaker boom. His entire act is pure vomit. In any other sport on earth, his routine would get him an a$$kicking.

Humberto is the epitome of Nu Poker Skool douchebag. Which is ironic really, since he's been a successful tournament player for decades before the Moneymaker boom. His entire act is pure vomit. In any other sport on earth, his routine would get him an a$$kicking.

Come on now...don't hold back.... tell us how you REALLY feel about Humberto.

:D

I saw that also, but was a little confused seeing as he already hosts his own online pokerroom at FullTiltPoker. Did he shut that one down? Seems odd that he could both sponsor and compete with PokerStars at the same time.

Ful lTilt is Howard LEderer's site that has a ton of pros involved.

Full Contact was Daniel Negreanu's. He founded it in either the late 90's or early 200's, and, I believe at the end of 2004 or mid-2005 he sold the site, the name, etc. to another group, and he signed on to be their spokesperson, essentially making Full Contact Poker his official site, though he was no longer involved as an owner in any way. That deal (being the spokesperson) has now expired and DN took that opportunity to sign on with Poker Stars. Cool thing is he apparently owned the rights to the Protege promotion and that will be coming over to Poker Stars.

Updated through Event 14. Events 15 and 16 are scheduled to conclude tonight, so I will try get those added in tomorrow morning.

Player Score

cyclones 3370

chiefjay 3242

BringBackPat 3162

Tbone 65 2954

TimC 2948

Big Country 2804

SeattleLawDawg 2742

wildcat3334 2708

muck 2656

Easy N Dirty 2410

skylive5 2360

jaxfactor 2358

KState2000 2268

geeteebee 2224

kerwin8 2162

spain 2160

TimmyPG 2150

SheikYerbuti 1820

godtomsatan 1680

I woulda never guessed in a million years that people follow poker this closely - but I guess....why not eh?

I work in a poker room. . .what's everyone else's excuse?

I don't actually pay any attention. I don't even play poker. I compiled a list from various ranking sites I found. Doesn't surprise me that I'm in last place, and actually is quite impressive that people have as many high scores as they do.

I work in a poker room. . .what's everyone else's excuse?

I tell you how sick I am. When I finally retire in another 20 years or so, my dream is to move to Las Vegas and work as a poker dealer. For fun... :D

I could play poker every day and live in a van down by the river. Fortunately, with the fishies in Atlantic City and their natural New York hatred of all things Southern, I get the whole table on tilt just by saying "Howdy" at the beginning and clean up the wifebeating-wearers.

I've actually wondered how much poker dealers make. I'd love to do it. It'd be awesome.

Which poker room are you at, Sheik?

Gonna' be worth a cool 1,000 points in BC's pool to those of us who had him ranked #1. :D

Link to entry thread

Since I forgot where I had him ranked. :D

Edit: 8th...gawd-danged it. :mad:

I have him ranked 2nd...right behind Cunningham. :doh: Now if Ferguson and Chan can get their act together and win an event like they should... I could be sitting pretty nice. AND WHERE THE HECK IS SIDEL? :tup:

I had Hellmuth 1st and Ivey 2nd...sweet!

Paging Mr. Seidel....Mr Erik Seidel...if you are in the Las Vegas area please report to the WSOP immediately......

If I have the updates correct....you were already in 1st place before he won. You may run away with it. :D

Crap. :D