[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Top 3 Running Backs

TheDude

I'm in a keeper league where we can keep players for 3 years. I have Larry Johnson on year two. I have been approached by the owners of Steven Jackson and Ladainian Tomlinson. I can trade LJ for either player or keep him. After looking at the Ease of Schedule, it is clear that LJ has a brutal first six week, LT does too, and Sjax is clearly the best in that area. I can also keep a second player, and I'm pretty sure that will be Brian Westbrook (stole him in 5th round last year :D.

So, given the option of any of the top three to handcuff to Westy.. which would you take?

Edited by TheDude

What year are SJax and LT on?

Not that itmatters that much, but, if they are willing to part with either I can only assume each is going into their last year while LJ has 2 keeper years left.

I'd deal for LT, but, it can't hurt to ask the owner to add something to cover the lost keeper year.

LT2 but SJax is a player for sure that bears keeping an eye on as it wouldn't shock me if he jumps up and tops them all this year and is on the covers of Fantasy Mags next year as the #1 overall selection. :D

What year are SJax and LT on?

Not that itmatters that much, but, if they are willing to part with either I can only assume each is going into their last year while LJ has 2 keeper years left.

I'd deal for LT, but, it can't hurt to ask the owner to add something to cover the lost keeper year.

Ah yes, I should have added that, they are both on their last years with those players.

Ah yes, I should have added that, they are both on their last years with those players.

I think that changes it a little and while having either LT or SJ would be nice you will only have them for this year. I agree with Big Country and think you need to ask for something to compensate for the lost keeper year. Even if it is a draft pick in next years draft.

edit for "this year"

Edited by Men In Tights

LT2 but SJax is a player for sure that bears keeping an eye on as it wouldn't shock me if he jumps up and tops them all this year and is on the covers of Fantasy Mags next year as the #1 overall selection. :D

That's what I'm seeing as his future as well.

Some other things I'm worried about:

LT at the end of last season played hurt and is getting really old for a keeper league

LJ has a superb playoff schedule...if he makes it

Dorey rule is FOR REAL and Sjax is the big fat winner. I wouldn't be suprised to see him top of the charts as soon as week 1 is complete.

I guess I can't really lose either way, but dayum, this decision is pretty tough.

/i know i know...cry me a river.

Edited by TheDude

I think that changes it a little and while having either LT or SJ would be nice you will only have them for this year. I agree with Big Country and think you need to ask for something to compensate for the lost keeper year. Even if it is a draft pick in next years draft.

edit for "this year"

The upside would be that I can keep whoever I get for three more years. We are changing this rule after this draft, but I'm grandfathered in. In other words, Any player I trade for can be kept for 3 years, while I can only keep LJ for one more (drafted him him rookie year)

The upside would be that I can keep whoever I get for three more years. We are changing this rule after this draft, but I'm grandfathered in. In other words, Any player I trade for can be kept for 3 years, while I can only keep LJ for one more (drafted him him rookie year)

I am a little confused why you would get a rule that would revert your keeper status to 3-years after a trade. This would mean that you can do trades like this without any penalty and only a benefit. This is for another discussion.

Anyway, I would get either LT or S-Jax asap. I don't think you can go wrong either way, but I would personally get LT.

I am a little confused why you would get a rule that would revert your keeper status to 3-years after a trade. This would mean that you can do trades like this without any penalty and only a benefit. This is for another discussion.

Anyway, I would get either LT or S-Jax asap. I don't think you can go wrong either way, but I would personally get LT.

Agreed. If the players jump to allowing you to keep them for 3-years, rush to accept either offer. You get a better back that you can keep for extra years.

Interesting. I suppose I was secretly hoping someone would make the case for SJax, but the overwhelming support for LT is obvious, you can't argue with his amazing stats. He's only in his 7th year, which is younger than I thought. I'll go with LT and Westbrook.

I wish we could keep three, because the Manning owner offered me Peyton for my 2nd (really 4th) round pick. Suckers, i tell ya! But I love em. Thanks everyone before and after.

From the way I read it it seems like the draft was last year so all 3 would be in their second year... Kneejerk.

:D

Told ya' so...

So this allows - no, it goes beyond allowing, it actually encourages - teams with top players to collude & keep swapping out their stud RB and getting 3 more years?

That's a terrible rule that just begs to get abused - as is the case here.

Edited by Bronco Billy

So this allows - no, it goes beyond allowing, it actually encourages - teams with top players to collude & keep swapping out their stud RB and getting 3 more years?

Exactly why it's being outlawed this year. Commish oversight, lessons learned. I told him years ago, but they didn't listen. :D

Ditto-I would raise hell.....collusion and three teams controlling the studs..group monopoly.

I wish we could keep three, because the Manning owner offered me Peyton for my 2nd (really 4th) round pick. Suckers, i tell ya! But I love em. Thanks everyone before and after.

Is he not keeping Manning otherwise?

If he is, see if he will keep him, then trade your 2nd rounder plus maybe sweeten the deal with a later pick to get Manning?