[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Police

godtomsatan

I weasled out and got some tix for the show this evening in Seattle. Not a huge fan of reunion tours, but I figure the first time in 22 years AND playing as a trio AND the fact it's in the relatively small Key Arena (as opposed to Fenway Park, Churchill Downs, McAffee Coliseum, etc.), I figure the stiff price of admission will be worth it.

I weasled out and got some tix for the show this evening in Seattle. Not a huge fan of reunion tours, but I figure the first time in 22 years AND playing as a trio AND the fact it's in the relatively small Key Arena (as opposed to Fenway Park, Churchill Downs, McAffee Coliseum, etc.), I figure the stiff price of admission will be worth it.

Need a date?... :D

Worth it! :D

Two hours even. 20+ songs. Every hit. Could have played another hour and it still would have been great. A little rough sounding during some of the uptempo numbers, but ultimately you couldn't ask for much better a show.

Worth it! :D

Two hours even. 20+ songs. Every hit. Could have played another hour and it still would have been great. A little rough sounding during some of the uptempo numbers, but ultimately you couldn't ask for much better a show.

I'm happy to hear this as me and my wife are going to see the Police this summer (7/10)

I heard they fully sucked big time thier first show in Vancouver. The drummer had some great reviews:

"This is ... lame. We are the mighty Police and we are totally at sea."

For one thing, Copeland noted, he failed to strike a gong at the right time, ruining "the big pompous opening to the show."

The rock trio of Copeland, singer-bassist Sting and guitarist Andy Summers flubbed their performance of the song "Message in a Bottle," said Copeland, who didn't hear Summers' opening guitar riff. Sting then missed his cue from Copeland, "so we are half a bar out of sync with each other. Andy is in Idaho," he wrote. :D

That misfortune extended into the second song, "Synchronicity II." They couldn't "get on the good foot," said Copeland, before going on to criticize Sting's footwork during the set.

"The mighty Sting momentarily looks like a petulant pansy instead of the god of rock," he wrote. :D

Sounds like they might have practioced a bit between gigs.

Edited by DemonKnight

Sounds like they might have practioced a bit between gigs.

There were definitely glitches. The thing that you really notice with just the three of them playing is how intricately pieced together many of the songs are. Andy Summers isn't really playing chords as much as he's doing harmonics off of what Sting is doing, and Stewart Copeland is doing mostly a variety of fills more than keeping rhythm. Frankly it was when they started busting into the straight-forward rock stuff that the timing was noticably off.