[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Last of the Mohicans

PantherDave

I encourage all to visit my home state with their families.....and then come on down to the coast and we'll have a grand dinner at my place on the coast. If you have never been to North Carolina you should do so in the future. I watched it last night again but in HD for the first time....let's just say I'm very proud to be a true native.....all 40 years right here in Nawth Carolackey.

.....great for those who love to camp and hike. I've been many places and the only place to rival the natural beauty of North Carolina was the Pacific North-West, as it's very beautiful there as well.

Very True....after living in the NW for most the last 20 years, my parents are ready to retire....in North Carolina.

After spending 30 years hunting and fishing the wildest parts of the Adirondacks, its amazing how much it looks like the real thing in this movie, even though alot of the trees are entirely different. The terrain is comparable, but there are lots more creeks and lakes up north. One of my all time favs :D

Edited by whoopazz

.....great for those who love to camp and hike. I've been many places and the only place to rival the natural beauty of North Carolina was the Pacific North-West, as it's very beautiful there as well.

Yup. My old man lived and traveled all over the US, and was stationed at Ft. Bragg for some time.

Our entire family was born and raised in Seattle, and the only other place he would live he said was North Carolina.

Y'all got us NW beat in cost of living and weather though. Sea is becoming SF-lite affordability-wise

If I didn't live in Missouri I would live in North Kakolackey, for sure. My dad was stationed in Ft. Bragg back in the '50s and I was stationed in Camp LeJuene off-and-on in the '70s. Beautiful state with something for everyone.

So when's the big party? :D

If I didn't live in Missouri I would live in North Kakolackey, for sure. My dad was stationed in Ft. Bragg back in the '50s and I was stationed in Camp LeJuene off-and-on in the '70s. Beautiful state with something for everyone.

So when's the big party? :D

I would like to do one of my Oyster Roast in the fall for any Huddlers who could make it down/up/over to my place in the fall, say October-early November. I would think it would be a great time for all and I hire guys to shuck the ollies and pour beer/make drinks. It be great to get the Boss and other Brass to come as well.

Edited by PantherDave

I would like to do one of my Oyster Roast in the fall for any Huddlers who could make it down/up/over to my place in the fall, say October-early November. I would think it would be a great time for all and I hire guys to shuck the ollies and pour beer/make drinks. It be great to get the Boss and other Brass to come as well.

Where is your place?

After spending 30 years hunting and fishing the wildest parts of the Adirondacks, its amazing how much it looks like the real thing in this movie, even though alot of the trees are entirely different. The terrain is comparable, but there are lots more creeks and lakes up north. One of my all time favs :D

There are a ton of natural water falls and little creeks, but most empty into the massive Lake Lure.

Been wanting to get to Lake Lure for some time now. However PD, if you like the NC mountains, you owe it to yourself to check out upstate NY some time. Lake Placid and Blue Mountain Lake are great areas. You can't drive 5 minutes without passing a river or lake. It's absolutely gorgeous in the summer. Or nice in winter too if you like snowmobiling or skiing. The winter weather can be brutal though, hence the attraction to filiming movies down here (summer in the Adirondacks is limited to 3 months).

Been wanting to get to Lake Lure for some time now. However PD, if you like the NC mountains, you owe it to yourself to check out upstate NY some time. Lake Placid and Blue Mountain Lake are great areas. You can't drive 5 minutes without passing a river or lake. It's absolutely gorgeous in the summer. Or nice in winter too if you like snowmobiling or skiing. The winter weather can be brutal though, hence the attraction to filiming movies down here (summer in the Adirondacks is limited to 3 months).

I do have that on my list of places to visit up north and I'd like to hit some of the scenic parts of Vermont and Maine as well.

I'm down for the PD Oyster roast! We could revive the Tobacco Road league and do a live draft on the first annual Huddle NC camping trip.

Campfire... Beer... Live Draft... Beer.... Campfire.... :D

This is a damn fine idea!! :D