[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oil drying up

CaP'N GRuNGe

I agree with Grunge that it's finally time to scrap the catalytic converters in favor of greater fuel efficiency... I see that they might be linked to causing global warming anyway. :D

My LS1 thanx you. It would like to be able to breathe.

Maybe SB can come up with a link that performance headers, cam, and exhuast will also save the planet? :D

Buy this Corsa Indy Pace Car cat back and save a tree! :D

Maybe SB can come up with a link that performance headers, cam, and exhuast will also save the planet? :D

:D

Hey I'm just dovetailing off of Grunge's story that the oil is drying up. Then I come to find that catalytic converters are not only using up more of that prescious oil, but they are causing global warming too. That's got to be the most evil piece of machinery out there... right? :tup:

In the 1970s Chris Skrebowski was a long-term planner for BP. Today he edits the Petroleum Review and is one of a growing number of industry insiders converting to peak theory. "I was extremely sceptical to start with," he now admits. "We have enough capacity coming online for the next two-and-a-half years. After that the situation deteriorates."

Why the heck would you doubt someone like this who works in the industry and is a scientist? Do you all own oil companies? What do you have to lose by us switching to another form of energy for our cars? Someone please hecking explain this to me. Right now I see it as blind conservatism and fear of change.

ETA: I hate this language filter.

Edited by DemonKnight

Why the heck would you doubt someone like this who works in the industry and is a scientist? Do you all own oil companies? What do you have to lose by us switching to another form of energy for our cars? Someone please hecking explain this to me. Right now I see it as blind conservatism and fear of change.

ETA: I hate this language filter.

:D

Why the heck would you doubt someone like this who works in the industry and is a scientist?

As Dr Campbell explains: "When I was the boss of an oil company I would never tell the truth. It's not part of the game."

Translation... sure I used to be a liar, but you can trust me now! :D

We do have to address it at some point because it is a resource that has limits.

To be honest, I'm actually not that worried about it. As the price of oil increases, it will increase the benefits that will incur to whomever invents a viable alternative source of energy. Hence it is very likely that we will end up with other sources of energy rather than going into some nightmarish scenario of having no energy.

Of course, I am a dismal scientist.

A guy told me yesterday the earth is going to end in 2012. AND HE IS A SCIENTIST!!!!!

Probably an archaeoligist talking about the mayan calendar. There are various fields of study that fall under the catagory of science, just an fyi. Or he could have been an astronomer talking about the hugh asteroid that will pass closer to the earth than the moon in 2012. But theres probably some big astronomer agenda that is feeding us bad science as well.

To be honest, I'm actually not that worried about it. As the price of oil increases, it will increase the benefits that will incur to whomever invents a viable alternative source of energy. Hence it is very likely that we will end up with other sources of energy rather than going into some nightmarish scenario of having no energy.

Of course, I am a dismal scientist.

I said "address it", not fret about it. I'm not particularly worried about it either. Necessity being the mother of invention, as oil increases in price to the point where alternatives are required, replacement technologies will appear. However, it would be a whole lot easier if we started now rather than running about frantically in a shorter time frame. We could start by moving to nuclear power for electricity generation.

Here are some experts...

Droves of cats and kittens are swarming into animal shelters nationwide, and global warming is to blame, according to one pet adoption group.

Several shelters operated by a national adoption organization called Pets Across America reported a 30 percent increase in intakes of cats and kittens from 2005 to 2006, and other shelters across the nation have reported similar spikes of stray, owned and feral cats.

The cause of this feline flood is an extended cat breeding season thanks to the world’s warming temperatures, according to the group, which is one of the country’s oldest and largest animal welfare organizations.

Wow, that is really sad what 'global warming' is doing... :tup:

Oh crap, what's that? Oh yeah, the temperature actually went down. :D

But what if NASA is wrong?

Cyclicity of the cat has been determined to be dependent on photoperiod. Cats are "long day breeders" and require 12 hours or more of light to maintain normal cyclicity.

Normal polyestrous behavior can be induced by controlling exposure to light.

Cyclicity stopped abruptly and folliculogenesis was inhibited in queens exposed to less than 8 hours of light.

Cyclicity in the cats resumed an average of 16 days after returning to a 14 hour photoperiod.

http://www.vetmed.lsu.edu/eiltslotus/theri...361/filne_e.htm

Oh, so unless 'global warming' is causing the days to get longer, :D, the hysterasists were simply talking out their ghey f@gg0t ass like typical losers screaming the end of oil and the world to global warming.

Excuse me if I don't give a crap about any of this.