[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Office vulturing

rajncajn

We had a food thief at work as well a few years ago.He would only take the better tasting stuff,pizza,cookies,deserts,etc.

We used the tried but true chocolate ex-lax brownie trap. :D

Curse you.

After I was through with the last person I cought vulturing equipment....yep. I made it pretty clear that taking company resources without authorization would result in an immediate firing :tup:

Computer Nazi :D

Honestly though, it's probably a lot easier to get equipment at most places than it is here. The pc I had was one they pieced together after Katrina so they wouldn't go over budget on the new pc's. But once they began ordering more pc's, me & Hitman were still stuck with half-working Franken-PCs.

So the IT department at your company doesn't pay attention to or catalog it's resources? :D

That's very debatable. The "new" monitor I have now isn't.

Edited by rajncajn

Ah, office life. I'd do some vulturing when I was working at my last office-based job. Better pens, newer highlighters, plenty of stick-it notes, etc. The receptionist would do Office Depot orders once every couple of months and I would try stocking up on other stuff then.

Maybe it's because once we load up a system with RAM and programs, their value is in the several thousands range, but I generally find this to be good practice. And our insurance company requires us to keep tabs on things.

The "new" Dell PC that I have now you can get one with a much better processor & a 256 video card vs the 128 I have now for under $500 at Dell.

I take whatever I want, and just take it home. Laptops, LCDs, computers, you name it.

I assume this in jest, but ya never know with H8.

I'm not a vulture, as I get anything I ask for pretty quickly, based on who I work for here. But I don't see anything wrong with a 'natural redistribution' of office supplies in the event of an employee leaving, or when something sits unused. As long as you don't take something another person is actually using regularly, and/or you don't tick off the person in charge of acquiring such things.

Now stealing someone else's food is another matter - I have no tolerance for that, at least not since leaving college. It's not a frat house anymore boys, its a workplace where people actually expect something they put there to stay there, until they eat it. If you do it to me, you'll end up wearing your next lunch, at best...

I have worked for my boss at the same location longer then anyone other then one guy. I started on the bottom with all the crap.

I work in a competitive sales envioroment. The turnover is always here. I now have a very nice set up. Great office, top of the line computer and LCD monitor, comfortable chair, ect...

If I get low on good pens, I just wait until the secratarys go home and borrow a few of theirs. It seems they keep the best ones for themselves, and leave the cheap ones in the copy room.

In the past 8 months I have acquired:

One air conditioner,

Three chairs,

One coat rack,

One small filing cabinet,

A small table to put my Sirius radio on,

A stapler,

A tape dispenser,

A staple taker-outer thingy.

I'm the facility manager, so I can pretty much scavange whatever I want and justify it. However, taking someone else's food is deplorable, and should be dealt with using excessive force.