[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

nifong resigns

dmarc117

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - Facing the loss of his law license, a tearful Mike Nifong said Friday he will resign as district attorney, more than a year after he obtained rape indictments against three Duke University lacrosse players who were later declared innocent by state prosecutors.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8...&show_article=1

I still think he should lose his license, regardless.

Agree. It's become clear that instead of seeking the truth, he was railroading those three Duke athletes in a pitiful attempt to pander to voters and win an election.

Agree. It's become clear that instead of seeking the truth, he was railroading those three Duke athletes in a pitiful attempt to pander to voters and win an election.

OK, Nifong screwed up this investigation. BUT, lets not forget that these guys had a wild (largely underage) beer party with paid strippers. Not a crime, but it kind of pisses me off that these students are being portrayed as the victims. Wild and loud parties by the rich kids of Duke in the poor section of Durham have been an ongoing issue here. With a full bucket of racial slurs and other innapropriate behavior. True, they probably didn't rape this whore, but jeez, they kind of set themselves up for this...

OK, Nifong screwed up this investigation. BUT, lets not forget that these guys had a wild (largely underage) beer party with paid strippers. Not a crime, but it kind of pisses me off that these students are being portrayed as the victims. Wild and loud parties by the rich kids of Duke in the poor section of Durham have been an ongoing issue here. With a full bucket of racial slurs and other innapropriate behavior. True, they probably didn't rape this whore, but jeez, they kind of set themselves up for this...

Not arguing with you on any of those points. But the DA had exculpatory evidence that he was duty-bound to turn over. Instead, he hid it. Regardless of what the college kids did, or didn't do, Nifong deserves to hang for his own actions.

OK, Nifong screwed up this investigation. BUT, lets not forget that these guys had a wild (largely underage) beer party with paid strippers. Not a crime, but it kind of pisses me off that these students are being portrayed as the victims. Wild and loud parties by the rich kids of Duke in the poor section of Durham have been an ongoing issue here.

Why is it not OK for some white college kids to throw a party in a predominantly poor section of town? It happens in every freaking college town in America. The only difference that I can see here is that the poor neighborhood is predominantly African-American. :D

True, they probably didn't rape this whore, but jeez, they kind of set themselves up for this...

Unfortunately, there's some truth to that. The woman who chooses a to take her clothes off on a stage may not be breaking the law, but most of us aren't surprised when she's stalked (or worse) by some weirdo in the audience. "Lay down with dogs and wake up with fleas."

Why is it not OK for some white college kids to throw a party in a predominantly poor section of town? It happens in every freaking college town in America. The only difference that I can see here is that the poor neighborhood is predominantly African-American. :D

Unfortunately, there's some truth to that. The woman who chooses a to take her clothes off on a stage may not be breaking the law, but most of us aren't surprised when she's stalked (or worse) by some weirdo in the audience. "Lay down with dogs and wake up with fleas."

All I'm saying is that, if you are a rich white kid going to a prestigious college in a poor black neighborhood, then maybe you should be a little, just a little, careful of the situations you put yourself in. Nifong screwed up no doubt, but the kids screwed up as well, and they are being made out to be the victoms here. Suddenly, nobody is mentioning the fact that these guys put themselves in this situation by being collosally stupid (and drunk).

Not arguing with you on any of those points. But the DA had exculpatory evidence that he was duty-bound to turn over. Instead, he hid it. Regardless of what the college kids did, or didn't do, Nifong deserves to hang for his own actions.

Agreed.

All I'm saying is that, if you are a rich white kid going to a prestigious college in a poor black neighborhood, then maybe you should be a little, just a little, careful of the situations you put yourself in. Nifong screwed up no doubt, but the kids screwed up as well, and they are being made out to be the victoms here. Suddenly, nobody is mentioning the fact that these guys put themselves in this situation by being collosally stupid (and drunk).

Oh, I completely agree. These guys are complete douchebags. What I'm saying is that the animosity towards wealthy Caucasians are part of the problem as well. And this isn't an isolated incident. I know a number of people who have left the South because they got sick and tired of getting the silent treatment and the evil eye from African-Americans down there.

Oh, I completely agree. These guys are complete douchebags. What I'm saying is that the animosity towards wealthy Caucasians are part of the problem as well. And this isn't an isolated incident. I know a number of people who have left the South because they got sick and tired of getting the silent treatment and the evil eye from African-Americans down there.

Tru dat. I think we agree.

you are crazy. they arent victims of a corrupt da that pursued bogus charges so he could get re-elected??? those bogus charges probably cost into the 6 figures in legal fees. but just because they are affluent white males, they can never be called victims!!! yo repito, usted estoy loco!!!

Edited by dmarc117

you are crazy. they arent victims of a corrupt da that pursued bogus charges so he could get re-elected??? those bogus charges probably cost into the 6 figures in legal fees. but just because they are affluent white males, they can never be called victims!!! yo repito, usted estoy loco!!!

+1. These liberal do-gooders think that whites have to be careful around poor African Americans because why? I missed the whole why we have to act different around blacks, simply because they have less money and a different skin tone. You politicial correct idiots sicken me. If it was some black guys that were wrongly accused and railroaded by a corrupt District Attorney, would you be partially blaming them for partying in a white neighborhood? Uh, no you wouldnt. Your arguements are stupid and insulting and I guess the way the p.c. left gets momo's to think days.

For the record, the neighborhood that house is in is really not the "poor part of Durham". It is somewhat transitional, perhaps but there are plenty of houses within a few blocks that are going for North of 500K and plenty others around 250-300. That might be the slums in SF, Boston, NYC, etc, but it's above average in Durham.

Nifong is a freaking joke and the comments I read today in the paper where he's still rather defiant about things are insulting. His half-assed reasoning for resignation was as follows:

"It is not fair for the people of my community to be represented by someone who is not held in high esteem by either the members of the community or members of the profession..."

Basically makes it sound like, "For some reason, you people have turned on me, so I might as well leave"

Oh really?

I have been very outspoken in my lack of general sympathy for the players as a whole and am constantly irritated by the deliberate attempts to paint them as "no different than any other college guys". None the less, I hope the DA gets pummeled on this one both professionally and in civil court. As a citizen of the area with first hand knowledge of these guys transgressions, it was pretty easy to assume that Nifong had a good case when he proceeded. The fact that he did so despite having d!ck to go on was a gross violation of not only the accused's rights but of the trust of the public at large.

I still don't fault the school for suspending the team because they'd made it clear things were out of control and simply having that party was enough to prove the team had no intentions of cleaning up their act. I could give a rat's ass if players don't get that year back.

+1. These liberal do-gooders think that whites have to be careful around poor African Americans because why? I missed the whole why we have to act different around blacks, simply because they have less money and a different skin tone. You politicial correct idiots sicken me. If it was some black guys that were wrongly accused and railroaded by a corrupt District Attorney, would you be partially blaming them for partying in a white neighborhood? Uh, no you wouldnt. Your arguements are stupid and insulting and I guess the way the p.c. left gets momo's to think days.

Wrongly accused black guys usually go to jail.

nifong found guilty

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=3285862&page=1

Specifically, the bar's three-member disciplinary panel unanimously found Nifong guilty of fraud, dishonesty, deceit or misrepresentation; of making false statements of material fact before a judge; of making false statements of material fact before bar investigators, and of lying about withholding exculpatory DNA evidence.

:D Don't sugar coat it Spain. Tell me how you really feel.