[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Snake in the ...

max

Here is the story. On the 4th of July I was going to go and get some ice for our cookout. I took the car to the top of the hill and turned around to go to the store. As I approached my house I say this snake coiled up on the street with it's head up in the air. I could tell this wasn't your typical gardener snake as it wasn't black. The snake was brown and approx 4 feet in length.

I was going to run it over with the car but another car was coming up the hill and stopped right in front of the snake and was watching it. The snake then went across the street. This is a good thing right? Nope. The damn snake decided to go up the tire of our other vehicle into the wheel well. Now keep in mind I have a pretty big fear of snakes.

I decide to go and get the ice and figured that by the time I get back the snake would have gone on his way. When I got back I looked in the wheel well of the car from a distance and couldn't see anything. I was hopeful that it had gone back across the street and into the woods.

About an hour later people started to arrive at the house for the cookout. I told my dad about it and he decided to check out the car for the snake too. He looked in the wheel well and didn't see anything. Just out of curiosity I asked him to check under the hood just in case. My dad opens the hood and low and behold the damn snake was wrapped up in the engine.

Here are some pics of the snake in the car.

Snake Pic 1

Snake Pic 2

Snake Pic 3

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

innernets legend in the making. So where's the snake now?

We called animal control and they sent the township police. They poked it with night sticks. :D It then moved down into the splash guard by under the bumper. Then had us take the car behind the neighbors house by the woods. The neighbor and the police tried to squirt it with the hose. It didn't come out. They then just told me to drive it to the edge of the woods and let the car run for an hour and it should come out and go back into the woods. The snake is gone now but we have no clue where it went to. I wish actual animal control would have come so we could actually see it get removed.

You got a less blurry picture of the snake's head?

That is the only pic of the snakes head we got. My brother inlaw reached under the car and took the pic and happened to get that pic of his head.

OK so there is something wrong with me! :D I read this and look at the pics and i'm trying to identify what kind of car it is. :D Kia Sedona?

Close. Hyuandi Tucson

Edited by max

I'm no snake expert but I have spent many summers out in the country so I have seen plenty. I would not rule that one out as a gardender but I also would not rule that one out as a copperhead. Would have helped a lot to have a better pic of the head. It also really helps to see the snakes eyes. Cat like eyes on a snake mean trouble based on everything I have ever learned about snakes.

I'm no snake expert but I have spent many summers out in the country so I have seen plenty. I would not rule that one out as a gardender but I also would not rule that one out as a copperhead. Would have helped a lot to have a better pic of the head. It also really helps to see the snakes eyes. Cat like eyes on a snake mean trouble based on everything I have ever learned about snakes.

I really know nothing about snakes. I go nowhere near them. The funniest part was when the cops were there. There were 2 cops. 1 was afraid of snakes and 1 was not. The cop that wasn't afraid of snakes was the chief. The chief made the cop that was scared of snakes poke it with the night stick. As he was doing that the chief took his night stick and ran it up the pant leg of that cop. The cop jumped and yelled "That is how someone gets shot in the head" :D ... The chief then said this was the strangest call they ever had. He said it was even stranger than the lesbian domestic call they had to go to. :D

I really know nothing about snakes. I go nowhere near them. The funniest part was when the cops were there. There were 2 cops. 1 was afraid of snakes and 1 was not. The cop that wasn't afraid of snakes was the chief. The chief made the cop that was scared of snakes poke it with the night stick. As he was doing that the chief took his night stick and ran it up the pant leg of that cop. The cop jumped and yelled "That is how someone gets shot in the head" :D ... The chief then said this was the strangest call they ever had. He said it was even stranger than the lesbian domestic call they had to go to. :tup:

That part is funny! :doh: Yje rest is not! :D Dam, Max, when did you move near where Spain lives???

Good story....glad it's over!

I really know nothing about snakes. I go nowhere near them. The funniest part was when the cops were there. There were 2 cops. 1 was afraid of snakes and 1 was not. The cop that wasn't afraid of snakes was the chief. The chief made the cop that was scared of snakes poke it with the night stick. As he was doing that the chief took his night stick and ran it up the pant leg of that cop. The cop jumped and yelled "That is how someone gets shot in the head" :D ... The chief then said this was the strangest call they ever had. He said it was even stranger than the lesbian domestic call they had to go to. :tup:

I can't wait until H8's raft drifts somewhere near to an internet connection so that I can see his response when he learns that you called the cops to come deal with a black rat snake. :D

I can't wait until H8's raft drifts somewhere near to an internet connection so that I can see his response when he learns that you called the cops to come deal with a black rat snake. :D

Is that what type of snake it is? I honestly have no idea. I wasn't going near it.

In my defense I can change my own car tires without calling AAA though. :cough:puddy:cough:

Edited by max

Is that what type of snake it is? I honestly have no idea. I wasn't going near it.

It's my best guess (although maybe its a milk or fox snake or some other type of king snake). Like Skippy, I was hoping to get a better look at the eye. The angle of the picture was also bad for trying to determine if the snake's head had the tell-tale triangular shape indicating that it was venemous. But, what really makes me almost certain that it wasn't poisonous is that it doesn't have a "pit" between its nostril and eye indicating that it is a pit-viper. (There is no way that it is a coral snake, which is the other type of poisonous snake in North America.)

Edited by wiegie

It's my best guess (although maybe its a milk or fox snake or some other type of king snake). Like Skippy, I was hoping to get a better look at the eye. The angle of the picture was also bad for trying to determine if the snake's head had the tell-tale triangular shape indicating that it was venemous. But, what really makes me almost certain that it wasn't poisonous is that it doesn't have a "pit" between its nostril and eye indicating that it is a pit-viper. (There is no way that it is a coral snake, which is the other type of poisonous snake in North America.)

Crocodile Wiegie is in the house ...very impressive

If you want to make sure its gone , buy a feeding mouse in pet store , kill it and leave it near the car ( like 10 ft away ) and see what happens