[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HEAT

Missoula Griz

We broke our all time high temperature last Friday at 107F. Today is 104F, and we have to attempt to keep thirteen 10 year olds motivated to win the state baseball tournament. We went 2-1 in pool play and face single elimination starting tomorrow. The high is only to reach 103F. Our normal high this time of year is 83F.

Our rivers are running 1/4 of the normal 75 year average flows. Fishing restrictions are already in effect for most of the local streams. You cannot fish after 2pm. The next thunderstorm is going to cause major fires.

Here I am in my 65 degree basement after puking from heat exhaustion. Even a beer taste bad.

What is going on in your world? I hope it is better then mine. :D

Good luck Griz. As a fellow Missoulian I feel your pain. Most folks up there didn't have AC when I was living there, and I doubt it's changed a whole lot in 10 years.

Hopefully the fire season won't be out of hand.

I drank a cold Moose Drool out by the fire tonight and thought of home. :D

Wow! Talk about your extremes. I didn't know it got that hot in Montana. I know you guys freeze your arsses off in the winter though. I always thought if I moved somewhere else it would be Montana, Maine, Washington, Oregon, or Wyoming. Maybe I'll just stick to the visit instead.

Why? :D

The water temp is over 70F at that time of day. Most of our rivers are catch and release. The additional stress on the fish from being hooked by a dry fly and netted could cause them to not recover as quickly as when the water is a normal 60F or lower. The rivers are so shallow that the midday sun warms the water very quickly.

Its a good policy. Our fisheries are 2nd to none in the continental US for dry fly fishing. From March to the end of October, you can catch trout on dry flies in 4 blue ribbon rivers within 25 miles from my home.

Good luck Griz. As a fellow Missoulian I feel your pain. Most folks up there didn't have AC when I was living there, and I doubt it's changed a whole lot in 10 years.

Hopefully the fire season won't be out of hand.

I drank a cold Moose Drool out by the fire tonight and thought of home. :D

Well done. Because of our politically correct friends at the U of M, Trout Slayer has now had a name change.

Dancing Trout?

Well done. Because of our politically correct friends at the U of M, Trout Slayer has now had a name change.

Dancing Trout?

Typical tree hugger mentality. :D

I haven't had the Trout Slayer yet, but my buddies say it's pretty tasty. I have my friend ship me Moose Drool through the mail.

Typical tree hugger mentality. :D

I haven't had the Trout Slayer yet, but my buddies say it's pretty tasty. I have my friend ship me Moose Drool through the mail.

Trout slayer is the lighter of the two. Moose Drool is still the #1 micro. How long since you left the state? Job or wife?

Trout slayer is the lighter of the two. Moose Drool is still the #1 micro. How long since you left the state? Job or wife?

I left in 97 for AZ, and have since moved to NC. Moved first for my job and the second time for hers. I miss the old home state every day. Times were always tight, but there's nowhere better.

Dancing Trout?

when bayern didnt renue it's license for the name, big sky brewing purchased it and will launch a beer under the name trout slayer, those little rascals.

as for the heat, try enjoying a tour stage at the unairconditioned kettle house, almost unbearable. :D

Edited by zmanzzzz