[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wal*Mart Babies and Michael Vick's former property

wiegie

So, this afternoon my wife decided that she needed to go shopping. Since I needed to get some work done, she had to take our 18 month-old with her. As she was getting ready to leave, my son threw a tantrum. My wife said, well I can't take him like this to Target, I guess we have to go to Wal*Mart. Then as she was leaving she called for my son saying, "Come here you little Wal*Mart Baby." I found this amusing.

One of the things that my wife needed to buy today was a pet carrier for our two cats. She wanted to get a really big one so that they could travel together, so she bought a giant foldable dog crate. When she got it home, I went to open it up to look at it and lo and behold, the stupid thing was not new. In fact, it was old. It was completely beaten up and the plastic liner was all broken and covered with dog hair and what I am pretty sure was dog-crap. The only obvious answer for what had happened was that Michael Vick had tricked my local Wal*Mart into accepting his f'd up dog-crate since he would no longer be needing it. I almost saved it so that I could put it on eBay and sell it to Broncos for a tidy profit, but then my little Wal*Mart Baby came around and tried to start playing with the crusty dog-poop, so I had to take it back.

My wife says that is the last time that she will go to Wal*Mart. I am somewhat disappointed because I find that it is impossible to go to Wal*Mart without walking away with some dysfunctional story.

Wal-Mart is great for people watching. The last time we went, my two year old decided to give me a hug after eating a cookie. He got chocolate all over my shoulder. Since we were going to Wal-Mart, I didn't need to change my shirt. :D

I almost saved it so that I could put it on eBay and sell it to Broncos for a tidy profit, but then my little Wal*Mart Baby came around and tried to start playing with the crusty dog-poop, so I had to take it back.

Heck yeah I need the feedback score. 5 dolla.

It cracks me up, the different dress codes for Target and Wal-Mart. They sell the same junk.

+1, but I don't feel like a shower after visiting Target.

Funny as hell, though. Might be a good advertising campaign. Scummy? Kids throwing a giant fit? Got white stains on your blue dress? Come to Wal*Mart, you'll fit right in!

It cracks me up, the different dress codes for Target and Wal-Mart. They sell the same junk.

Well, there's a fine argument for putting just a shred of effort into your store rather than hiring a bunch of half wits that don't know where anything is and never cleaning the place. People all of a sudden get this crazy idea that it's not a crap hole.

Honestly, I pretty much avoid both as much as possible but there is really no comparison. At least the ones around here.

Edited by detlef