[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LJ or Gore

gintsfan

Who to take with the 3rd pick.  

37 members have voted

1. 1. LJ--Gore

• Gore
    • LJ

Hey guys i have the 3rd pick,i know for sure LT And S.Jax,are going 1-2,lets assume he's starting from day 1,is he still better than gore i'm taking into consideration some nice moves SF hasa made,and the fact that KC is patching together a line and are gonna have their QBs compete.Thanks for voting in the poll,but give me a little of your think with each vote my mind is mush over this...

My League scoring is;

TD-6pts

Rush-receiving-1pt for every 25yrds

Thanks in advance....

Edited by gintsfan

Poll is fubarred.

I think I would vote Gore only because you know what youll get with him. He is not in an RBBC, he catches passes, he could score more, but at least you know he is playing. LJ is as good a pick IMO, but it comes down to knowing who is gonna play for sure.

Flip a coin...

If LJ is there I think you have to take him. LJ was the no brainer #1 pick last year and all he did was go out and rush for almost 1,800 yds and 19 TDs, thats still a pretty good RB by my standards. I hear all this about how long can he hold up, to my knowledge he has never been banged up(in college or Pros). Yes his line isn't as great as others but it wasn't great last year either. To me it's LJ without question!!!

I'm going LJ here and I could eat my words on this but LJ is less of an injury risk and I know he's having contract issues and the offense is falling apart around him but I think we've seen the best out of Gore last year and he fell 31 points behind LJ on the year and that was in a PPR league, it would've been over 50 in a regular league like yours without PPR. That's a 3-4 point differential per week. So LJ is better and if he slips a little he's still probably better, at worst it's like Peep said a coin flip.

The main thing to keep in mind is the offense in KC. They will have a different QB, they had a probowl guard leave (Will Shields), And outside of Gonzo, they dont have much of a passing game. I still vote Gore, but like I said, LJ is really just as good, and you cant go wrong with either.

I'm in the mind set at this moment LJ,we don't draft,for another month,it's an 8 team league,maybe go out of the box and take Payton :D ,ok i know its too early. LOL

Man I have LJ in my keeper league I also have Peyton but if I were you I wouldn't draft Peyton with 3rd pick If you want peyton try to trade the pick for extra picks and move down and still take Peyton.

The main thing to keep in mind is the offense in KC. They will have a different QB, they had a probowl guard leave (Will Shields), And outside of Gonzo, they dont have much of a passing game. I still vote Gore, but like I said, LJ is really just as good, and you cant go wrong with either.

They had Huard under center last year and John Welbourne is moving to gaurd. He isn't as good as Shields but he ain't bad either.

They had Huard under center last year and John Welbourne is moving to gaurd. He isn't as good as Shields but he ain't bad either.

Huard has played in the NFL for like 10 years though, so he is familiar with the game. Additionally, he stepped in in Miami at one point (I think when Marino tore his achilles), and played very well. I was surprised he never got another shot at starting.

Croyle, while I like him, is still very young, and Im not sure he has ANY experience yet. If Welbourne is moving to Guard, who is taking his spot? you can shift all you want, but you gotta have replacements. I just dont see that OL near as dominant as years past.

Remember, the Colts pathetic D shut him down in the playoffs. I know they played very well at that time, but still... They shut him down.

At 6 pts per TD, but only 1 pt per 25 yards, this league is weighted pretty heavily towards TD's. In this case, LJ is a no-brainer. Heck, in this scoring format, I would take SA over Gore.

ditto

I go LJ as well, KC cannot win without him and will get a deal done, so I would not worry about the holdout, we had 2 in our league last year pass on LT due to a young QB...the fact is LJ will rarely be stopped and he gets the ball around the g-line, think that will change with Brody or Huard....not a chance they take the ball out of his hands. He will catch even more passes as they will face many blitz and presure D situations!! I see him having some BIG plays as he has proven he can do in the past. Gore will have a solid year, but at this point I cannot put him in front of LJ.

I vote Gore , as 1. LJ has no contract, who knows if he will be playing the first few games 2. Herm Edwards is the coach 3. The offensive line is not so good. but mostly I think #1 contract disputes usually leave a bad taste , and when they are resolved the player is behind in practicing and playing

I would not even have LJ as my 4th..I would go Alexander myself.

Johnsons negatives...

Possible holdout

Bad O-line

No passing game to take pressure off of run game.

I expect them to be passing from behind all year.

Herm Edwards

IMO a trade is the only thing that can bring Johnson back up to a top 3 pick.

I would not even have LJ as my 4th..I would go Alexander myself.

Johnsons negatives...

Possible holdout

Bad O-line

No passing game to take pressure off of run game.

I expect them to be passing from behind all year.

Herm Edwards

IMO a trade is the only thing that can bring Johnson back up to a top 3 pick.

i agree with all this.

The chefs are an offense in sharp decline... bad O-line, bad QB, bad recievers, Edwards.

In contrast the 9er's are on the rise, and have aquired help to complement Gore this offseason.