[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anniversary

The Holy Roller

Wake him up with a hummer, that will be all the gift he needs.

It reminds me of my husband's 40th b-day. He hadn't had a brand new car since he graduated from college. He just took over my sales rep car that had 120,000K on it and I'd buy a new car. So, for his 40th I was going to surprise him with a brand new Honda Civic. IMind you, I was going to go all out, and get all the options. Little did I know, he was out test driving the BMW Z3 which was new on the market, and it was going to be his 40th b-day present to himself. Luckily I got wind of it or that Civic would have been quite the letdown. The Z3 is still his primary car 11 years later even though he can't drive it but 7 months a year around here.

It reminds me of my husband's 40th b-day. He hadn't had a brand new car since he graduated from college. He just took over my sales rep car that had 120,000K on it and I'd buy a new car. So, for his 40th I was going to surprise him with a brand new Honda Civic. IMind you, I was going to go all out, and get all the options. Little did I know, he was out test driving the BMW Z3 which was new on the market, and it was going to be his 40th b-day present to himself. Luckily I got wind of it or that Civic would have been quite the letdown. The Z3 is still his primary car 11 years later even though he can't drive it but 7 months a year around here.

:D

Great story. It's why I tell my wife never to bother getting me gifts - anything I want for myself I buy; if it's a big purchase, I'm too picky to let someone else get it.

I actually forgot my own birthday this year. It was pretty funny.

In my original post, I wasn't speaking of a Daimler-Chrysler product, however. I was talking about the kind of hummer you can't give yourself. :D

Tomorrow is our 28th wedding anniversary. The bride announced yesterday, "I don't want you to spend a dime on me. I don't even want you to take me to dinner." Is she hinting that she only wants sex? :D

Safest translation... "Whatever you buy me must not exactly equal $0.10 or you will be killed on the spot, also you'd better pony up for a limo to take me to dinner instead of taking me yourself in your tired old car."

It's our seventh anniversary today. We're going out to dinner w/o Egret jr. I'm still trying to live off the Tiffany necklace I gave her a couple years ago. :D

Tomorrow is our 7th... celebrating today.

MIL is over watching the boys. We just got back from a morning at the spa. We both had massages and then I had a pedicure. :D Felt good. My wife even booked me with a female masseusse, though, she did tell me that when booking she jokingly told them to make sure it was an unattractive masseusse.... and they did not let her down.. my wife said she nearly started laughing when she came out to take me back for my massage. And no, it definitely did not move. THe pedicure was cool.. my feet do get real dry, so it is nice having nice smooth, non-dry feet.

Had to stop off at home so the wife could feed the youngest, then we are going to go to a movie... she told me I could pick, but I know she has no interst in Transformers, Harry Potter or the DIe Hard movie, probably no interest in the Simpsons movie, though I am keeping that one as an option, and the only other option is No Reservations. I'm hoping for the Simpsons... then we're going out for dinner. Hopefully the boys will be tired and go to sleep earlyish tonight, so I can have some dessert :D

:D Is your wife Italian, too?

Mine is.... luckily, this was her year to plan our anniversary festivities. If you want, when you do make it out to SD, hit Chargerz and me up with a note haead of time and we can try plan a meet up for a :D or two, if you and your wife are cool with that.

Just got back from the Simpsons movie. Good 90 minutes of mind numbing entertainment. I just really do like the Simpsons.

Going HERE for dinner. I don't think I will be able to bring myself to order something called "The Glory Hole" for dinner, but a 1 pound order of prime rib sounds good... I'll either go with one of the New York steaks or mabe the Miner Filly.. and as it is a special occassion, may add a Lobster Tail... then ask for a lot of over time this week at work to pay for it all.

No word yet on if sex is on the menu for dessert. Maybe she will initiate for a truly special occassion. :D

Went with the Filet and Lobster Tail combo.... yummy, though the filet was a little overcooked. I ordered medium, and should have gone medium rare. My wife got the prime rib.. perfect medium rare.... had a few bites and it was delicious.

We started with the spinach artichoke dip... not bad.. not the best I have ever had, but a decent appetizer. We really did not need it.

Dinner is served with a soup and salad bar and comes with steamed veggies and garlic mashed potatoes (or rice pilaf). Baked potato is extra.

Had some decent clam chowder. Again, not the best I have ever had (nothing really beats the Clam Chowder I've had from Fisherman's Wharf in SF, but I have never bee nto the East Coast for some chowdah ).

Dinner noted above... very good. Even slighhtly over cooked the steak was good.

We split a bit of cheesecake for dessert.

Wife is feeding the youngest, I'm about to put the oldest to bed...

Our 24th anniversary is coming up next month... what do guys want besides sex?

I was planning to book a romantic weekend on the coast, but I know he doesn't want to leave town even for a few days 'cause he hurt his hand going over the handle bars on his mtn bike and has missed three weeks golfing at the club, and our season here is very short.

Any ideas, now that you've helped Holy Roller?

My wife always gets me the Sunday Ticket, the latest versions of NCAA Football and Madden. I appreciate that.