[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Booger McFarland may be out for the year

CaptainHook

Although not yet confirmed by the Colts, Booger McFarland has reportedly told family and friends that he tore his patella tendon in Friday's practice and may be done for the year. All the Colts will say is that they are waiting on "precautionary" MRI results.

If it's true, this is a major blow to the Colts' defense. They have virtually no depth a DT to start off with, and now by waiving Simon and possibly losing McFarland, they are in deep Sega!.

Edited by CaptainHook

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Booger barely produce during the regular season for the Colts and then in the postseason suddenly play well?

He was our best DT all season. But that's not saying much. . .

Holy crap, the Colts run D is going to absolutely suck this year. :D

I've been saying that the Colts look like they'll be down this year. They'd better hope that Addai can carry a full load & stay healthy doing it, or this team is going to be in real trouble, Manning or no Manning.

I've been saying that the Colts look like they'll be down this year. They'd better hope that Addai can carry a full load & stay healthy doing it, or this team is going to be in real trouble, Manning or no Manning.

I pretty sure Manning will still be there this year...

I don't think it has much to do with Addai. The Colts are going to approach the game in the same way that they did back in the Edgerrin/crappy defense days. The only real difference is that they'll run more three-WR sets with Anthony Gonzalez.

From what Dungy has said, I don't see Addai getting 350 carries. I foresee Dorsey getting maybe 5-8 carries a game, with Addai getting 15-18 and a lot of work in the passing game. I foresee the Colts being very pass-oriented, not unlike '03. Polian said that he took Gonzalez in the first round just so they could do just that.

I don't think it has much to do with Addai. The Colts are going to approach the game in the same way that they did back in the Edgerrin/crappy defense days. The only real difference is that they'll run more three-WR sets with Anthony Gonzalez.

From what Dungy has said, I don't see Addai getting 350 carries. I foresee Dorsey getting maybe 5-8 carries a game, with Addai getting 15-18 and a lot of work in the passing game. I foresee the Colts being very pass-oriented, not unlike '03. Polian said that he took Gonzalez in the first round just so they could do just that.

So now that Polian has won a SB he figures that he'll go back to the good ol' days of 1st round playoff exits?

If it's true, this is a major blow to the Colts' defense.
? WHAT defense? The playoff/SB run was great and all, but I don't get people who thought that because of that their D was suddenly good or even respectable, esp given Polian's brilliant annual "we don't need no defense" attitude in the off-season.

So now that Polian has won a SB he figures that he'll go back to the good ol' days of 1st round playoff exits?

Polian taking Gonzalez in the first round and telling the NFL Network that he wants the offense to use more three-WR sets to take advantage of Peyton's skills pretty much says it all. They're not going back to a power running game, and probably can't now that opposing offenses will run the ball down their throats with Raheem Brock and an unknown at DT, along with crap at OLB. I complained here right after the draft about him not taking a DT or a OLB earlier, fully knowing that they were already thin at those positions.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Polian taking Gonzalez in the first round and telling the NFL Network that he wants the offense to use more three-WR sets to take advantage of Peyton's skills pretty much says it all. They're not going back to a power running game, and probably can't now that opposing offenses will run the ball down their throats with Raheem Brock and an unknown at DT, along with crap at OLB. I complained here right after the draft about him not taking a DT or a OLB earlier, fully knowing that they were already thin at those positions.

I figured H8 would jump on this thread like flies on a fresh turd. Probably predicting a new division winner in the Jags. I still have my doubts about Lefty and with Meester out for an extended period, it doesn't look good.

I figured H8 would jump on this thread like flies on a fresh turd.

:D

Probably predicting a new division winner in the Jags. I still have my doubts about Lefty and with Meester out for an extended period, it doesn't look good.

I'm surprised that the Jags didn't win the division last year. The Colts sure as hell didn't look like SB champs during the regular season. I don't think that JAX is that far away, even with the aforementioned issues on offense.

I wonder if the continued demise of the Colt defense affects Addai's value?

Maybe I am overanalyzing, but if teams can control the ball against the Colts, and finish drives with TDs more frequently, will the Colts revert to their 2002-2005 form of throwing the ball 65% of the time? Will last year's more run-oriented gameplan be a memory?

Maybe Tank will be a Colt...? :D

I doubt that Dungy will want Tank in his locker room.

I wonder if the continued demise of the Colt defense affects Addai's value?

Maybe I am overanalyzing, but if teams can control the ball against the Colts, and finish drives with TDs more frequently, will the Colts revert to their 2002-2005 form of throwing the ball 65% of the time? Will last year's more run-oriented gameplan be a memory?

I'd say that the more run-oriented game plan is not likely to work with their current defense. That said, keep in mind that Addai was the Colts leading receiver in the playoffs last year.

I hope the guy they drafted in the third round, Quinn Pitcock, can play. Dungy said they are going to look to their own roster first, but would not rule out a waiver wire addition or a trade. They are gonna need somebody.

I hope the guy they drafted in the third round, Quinn Pitcock, can play. Dungy said they are going to look to their own roster first, but would not rule out a waiver wire addition or a trade. They are gonna need somebody.

Captain, I am a HUGE Ohio State fan and I can honestly say that Pitcock will be an above average defensive tackle in the NFL. The guy was loved by his teammates, a very good leader in every aspect. The guy is a big one and he doesn't stop playing. I loved him and I hope to see him have success, even with the Colts. :D Might take a little time, but I have faith in him. He was a big key to that awesome Buckeye defense.

Edited by Goopster24

Saw a quick blurb today that there's talk of the Raiders cutting Sapp, with his ties to Dungy it could be a possibility.

Two names that likely will surface are Oakland's Warren Sapp and former Chicago Bears standout Tank Johnson.

Sapp, 34, was a Pro Bowler for Dungy at Tampa Bay, and it's been speculated he'll be released if the Raiders go on a youth kick.

Johnson, 25, started in the Bears' Super Bowl loss to the Colts, and is available after being released in June. But there are significant character issues. He will miss the first eight games of the regular season after being suspended by commissioner Roger Goodell for violating the league's personal conduct policy.

Link

ETA: You would think that Simeon Rice would be on the list of players talk to as well.

Edited by tonyr0802

Captain, I am a HUGE Ohio State fan and I can honestly say that Pitcock will be an above average defensive tackle in the NFL. The guy was loved by his teammates, a very good leader in every aspect. The guy is a big one and he doesn't stop playing. I loved him and I hope to see him have success, even with the Colts. :D Might take a little time, but I have faith in him. He was a big key to that awesome Buckeye defense.

I am also a HUGH OSU fan. I loved Pitcock. However, I dont think he will be ready this year.