[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Westbrook vs. Addai vs. Bush

Rascal

I am scratching my head as I try to rank these 3 for my upcoming PPR drafts. They will all catch many balls so they have high PPR value but they all have some sort of ???? associated with them.

Westbrook has major injury concerns every year and will probably not be overworked like last season since McNabb is back.

Addai has never carried the full load, Indy has a tough schedule, they lost arguably their best O lineman, and the Colts D lost many starters and will be awful this season which leads me to believe they will be passing a TON this year to stay in games which decreases how much they use Addai.

Bush is in a RBBC situation, he's not the primary carrier at the goalline, he relies on the big plays to score TD's so he's not as consistent with TD's as the other RB's.

Ranking these 3 for a PPR league is giving me fits.

My thoughts:

Westy's injury history is too big of an issue for me to rank him higher then Addai or Bush. If I knew they would all be healthy for the entire season Westy woould be ranked highest but having to worry about my stud RB every week isn't something I would look forward to.

As a result, Westy is #3 when I rank these guys.

In the end I think Addai and Bush will finish with identical fantasy points. Addai should get a few more TD's but I think Bush will catch 20+ more passes which will offset this.

Flip a coin?

1 addai

2 westbrook

3 bush

indys oline was never very good to begin with. they are very weak when there is a yard or two needed on a rushing play. manning is what makes the line and running backs so good. the sheer unpredictability of the colts offense is what will make addai put up good numbers... not the overrated oline. i dont like westbrook because he is about guaranteed to get hurt.. and i dont like bush because mcallister is still a good back and will get a number of carries.

1 addai

2 westbrook

3 bush

indys oline was never very good to begin with. they are very weak when there is a yard or two needed on a rushing play. manning is what makes the line and running backs so good. the sheer unpredictability of the colts offense is what will make addai put up good numbers... not the overrated oline. i dont like westbrook because he is about guaranteed to get hurt.. and i dont like bush because mcallister is still a good back and will get a number of carries.

Even though you feel Westbrook is guaranteed to get hurt you like him over Bush?

Even though you feel Westbrook is guaranteed to get hurt you like him over Bush?

yeah, thats whats tough.. i try to stay away from guys that are going to split play time like bush will with mcallister. id take a chance on westbrook staying healthy over bush because im just not sure how much more bush's stats will improve because he has to split time. westbrook has a chance to be a top 5 back, while i see bush as a good #2 back.

1 addai

2 westbrook

3 bush

I gotta disagree with you on the Indy offensive line. Outside of the D really stepping up in the playoffs, the running game and O-line finally got Peyton over the hump last year. And they did it being physical not with finesse. And now back to the topic:

1. Addai- figures to get the most touches and is in the best offense.

2. Bush- Came on strong last year. I expect more TD's (long ones)

3. Westbrook- Maybe the most talented of the three but also injury prone and seems like the Eagles consciously have to limit his touches.

You really can't go wrong with all three. Just be happy if you get either of them.

Westbrook had a big game virtually every week last year, with the same injury concerns. At this point in their careers, Westbrook is just a way better football player than the other two. For someone to take Addai or Bush over him is basically just wishful thinking that Westbrook will get hurt.

I gotta disagree with you on the Indy offensive line. Outside of the D really stepping up in the playoffs, the running game and O-line finally got Peyton over the hump last year. And they did it being physical not with finesse.

Yeah, I thought that comment was kind of silly as well. I don't consider them an elite line, but they're consistently good (Top 10) and they have one of the best O-line coaches in the league.

Nah, I'd say it's more like common sense, given Westbrook's degenerative knee condition.

Then by all means pass on him, take Addai, and give up the 200 points you would have gotten. Genius.

My order:

Addai

Westbrook

Bush

Although, a lot would depend on the rest of my team. How much I need to play it safe, vs. how much I am willing to roll the dice on upside. If the rest of my team is a little flat, I would go with Westbrook first.

Addai plays in a great offense obviously. He's talented, young without injury issues yet. He gets to run on Houston and Tennessee twice.

Westbrook is a better athlete, on an equally potent offense. Plays a tougher division and has those injury issues that scare everyone. If he stays healthy, he's a no brainer. So, you've got to ask yourself if you should take that risk. In some situations, it makes sense not to play it safe and take that risk (and hopefully enjoy the reward if he doesn't get injured). Maybe you really need a back to outperform and you get Westbrook at a discount.

Bush is tremendous, but with Deuce out there on the field I don't think 25 will get the rock enough to compete on an equal footing with Westbrook and Addai. Next year, when McAllister splits, I love Bush. He's the real deal, and just needs to be in a better situation.

Westy is certainly a stud when he plays but I also draft on state of mind. He gets hurt a lot and seemed to be on the injury report almost every week. I don't like wondering and worrying about if my guy will play or get hurt. Drafting guys like Fred Taylor and Deshaun Foster also come to mind. That's not to say it couldn't happen to Addai or Bush but Westbrook just has more history with injuries.

In fact, Bush and Westy appear to be like clones in similar offenses and will probably produce similar stats. The one mystery of course is IF Westy can handle more touches, he becomes an absolute beast. I'm banking more on Addai getting more touches and putting up Edge numbers in his prime with the Colts. Just my opinion.

Then by all means pass on him, take Addai, and give up the 200 points you would have gotten. Genius.

Yep, just like your "genius" prediction that Darrell Jackson wouldn't be traded.

Go ahead and draft a player who is already in his late 20's and has consistently missed games over the past three years with various injuries, the latest being knee pain/inflammation. I'm sure that the cartilage in his knee with magically re-form with age and additional wear and tear. :D

Edited by Bill Swerski

Missed games over the last 3 seasons?? Consistently? Wasn't last year the first year we've heard of this?? Didn't he not only play through this "degenerative knee condition", but have an outstanding career year? Could be wrong. Westbrook is so much better than Addai or Bush that I guess I am willing to take the risk that he will miss one game again this year. Call me crazy. If you wanna win championships, take the best player and see what he can do for you. If you want to compete, take the younger, less talented guy without an injury history. I like to try to win championships. This is a ridiculously easy decision.

Before you poke at my "genius", I will remind you of the 4 or 5 "interesting things to watch" that you so boldly claimed would be exciting. I got no less than seven personal messages telling me to let you be. Bye.

Edited by Seahawks21

Missed games over the last 3 seasons?? Consistently? Wasn't last year the first year we've heard of this?? Didn't he not only play through this "degenerative knee condition", but have an outstanding career year? Could be wrong. Westbrook is so much better than Addai or Bush that I guess I am willing to take the risk that he will miss one game again this year. Call me crazy. If you wanna win championships, take the best player and see what he can do for you. If you want to compete, take the younger, less talented guy without an injury history. I like to try to win championships. This is a ridiculously easy decision.

I'm not sure how Westbrook is more talented than Addai or Bush, but the latter two do not have the same injury history. I agree that Westbook's numbers last year were outstanding, but part of winning a championship involves drafting players who are physically-capable of being on the field during one's fantasy playoffs.

Before you poke at my "genius", I will remind you of the 4 or 5 "interesting things to watch" that you so boldly claimed would be exciting. I got no less than seven personal messages telling me to let you be. Bye.

Um, you must be confusing me with somebody else, because I did not boldly claim any "interesting things to watch." But if you want to send me another PM threatening to beat me up, feel free. :D

Edited by Bill Swerski

My order:

Addai

Westbrook

Bush

Although, a lot would depend on the rest of my team. How much I need to play it safe, vs. how much I am willing to roll the dice on upside. If the rest of my team is a little flat, I would go with Westbrook first.

How would you know about the rest of your team? Those guys are gone for sure in the 1st round, early 2nd latest. You would have to make a choice from the jump.

1) Westy - an injury concern, yes, but he's the most proven.

2) Addai - What's not to like about him in the Colts offense?

3) Bush - Without McAllister he might be on the top of this list.

I'm picking 5th in a 12-team PPR league and am hoping to grab Westy. I'm starting to worry that LJ's contract/o-line problems may lead to Westy getting taken before me, however.

I love this question for so many reasons... But mostly, because that is my entire backfield in my PPR dynasty league!!!

1. Westbrook hands down

2. Addai because he will be on the field all game

3. Bush only for the reason stated above (that he won't be the MAIN man)

Westbrook 980 yards rushing, 65 rec, 700 yards receiving, 10 total TDs

Addai 1200 yards rushing, 40 rec, 350 yards receiving, 10 total TDs

Bush 700 yards rushing, 70 rec, 800 yards receiving, 8 total TDs