[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Scrote Van Pelt

wcd480

Scrote Van Pelt  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Is it just me or is this guy even more of a no talent, poser, ass-pirate than Stuart Scott?

• yes, he is a total turd
    • no i find him to to be delightful because I am a turd myself
    • puddy

Ok I have had it with this guy and I need to vent a bit.

I was just thinking, "hmmm it would be highly enjoyable to watch sportscenter while I eat some breakfast." However, that was all torn to shreds when I turned on the tv had heard Van Pelt drop his "useful shot that one" for the 5 billionth time.

Is it just me or is this guy even more of a no talent, poser, ass-pirate than Stuart Scott?

SVP was pretty good on the Golf Channell and then when he was just doing Golf for ESPN, now he's entered SS territory though not quite there as others have indicated.

A few of the schticks I have enjoyed on ESPN were Kilborn and Mayne and possibly Patrick and Olbermann in their hey day. Most of the others just don't have it.

Van Pelt drop his "useful shot that one" for the 5 billionth time.

And you misheard him 5 billion times. He's saying "beautiful shot, that". He's saying it with an Irish accent, since golf was born in Ireland. Get it?

He's OK in my book, but really just for his Steven A. Smith immitation, which is really funny. "HOW-EV-AH!"

For my money, Steven A. Smith is the worst of the worst. Classic example of "if I say it loud enough and with a condescending tone of voice, everyone will think I'm saying something new and/or correct". And he is almost always neither.

And you misheard him 5 billion times. He's saying "beautiful shot, that". He's saying it with an Irish accent, since golf was born in Ireland. Get it?

He's OK in my book, but really just for his Steven A. Smith immitation, which is really funny. "HOW-EV-AH!"

For my money, Steven A. Smith is the worst of the worst. Classic example of "if I say it loud enough and with a condescending tone of voice, everyone will think I'm saying something new and/or correct". And he is almost always neither.

Amen. I can't stand Smith.

I really don't have a problem with Van Pelt.

And I think golf was born in Scotland. :D

Edited by Sam

It's ESPN. Ringling Bros for the 21st century

I've completely given up watching ESPN for anything other than live games, which I mute. The entire channel has been dumbed down well beyond the point of unwatchability. Baseball Tonight is a complete joke now.

I've completely given up watching ESPN for anything other than live games, which I mute. The entire channel has been dumbed down well beyond the point of unwatchability. Baseball Tonight is a complete joke now.

Oh man, you've got that right. Baseball tonight will take anybody and throw them out there. Orestes Destrade? Fernando Vina? These guys stink. IT was okay when it was Brantley, Reynolds, Gammons, and the main guy (can't remember his name, he's still on though.) Now you can't watch it anymore.

ETA - SS is unapproachable in douchebaggery. For my money I like John Buccigross or Neil Everett. Most of them suck nowadays.

Edited by Cyclones

You guys are all ridiculous....without ESPN we wuld have far less knowledge than we do of sports now. Don't argue with that....

Used to be true, now it isn't. They aren't teaching, they're just shrieking at each other and competing to see who can think of the most stupid idea for new programs.