[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Question for DMD about Huddle cheatsheets

The Grey Pilgrim

I am thinking that The Huddle had several variations of the cheatsheets in years past, based on TD only, PPR rankings, and performance rankings.

Am I remembering correctly? If so, any chance these types of cheatsheets will be re-appearing? Some of my leagues have use different scoring systems, and these "tailored" cheatsheets always served my needs.

Thanks,

The Grey Pilgrim

I am thinking that The Huddle had several variations of the cheatsheets in years past, based on TD only, PPR rankings, and performance rankings.

Am I remembering correctly? If so, any chance these types of cheatsheets will be re-appearing? Some of my leagues have use different scoring systems, and these "tailored" cheatsheets always served my needs.

Thanks,

The Grey Pilgrim

Kinda like this?:

http://www.thehuddle.com/x7/ccs/input_form.php

Thanks,

The Grey Pilgrim

Wow....no swarmy remark about how poor of a site this is and calling DMD out......I'm perplexed :D

:wacko:

Nice civil post my friend :D

Is there a way to create a cheat sheet on this site with unusual distance TD scoring AND PPR? The fanball default setting is very different than the sheet that I need, and I didn't see a way to customise the distance stats.

TIA

Is there a way to create a cheat sheet on this site with unusual distance TD scoring AND PPR? The fanball default setting is very different than the sheet that I need, and I didn't see a way to customise the distance stats.

TIA

We do not have distance scoring this year and since customized cheat sheets just get generated from projections, I am still thinking if it is possible to do them with any sense of accuracy or realism because you are taking about single game events, not season long projections.

We do not have distance scoring this year and since customized cheat sheets just get generated from projections, I am still thinking if it is possible to do them with any sense of accuracy or realism because you are taking about single game events, not season long projections.

Thanks for the post, boss!

I guess it would be difficult. Still, wouldn't it be possible to say, take a 2 year running average of each player's yardage per TD scoring play? I mean common sense would say that a guy like Lee Evans is a better pick in a heavily weighted distance league than a guy like Boldin who's less of a deep threat. There must be a way to project and rank for a distance heavy league, right?

I guess it would be difficult. Still, wouldn't it be possible to say, take a 2 year running average of each player's yardage per TD scoring play? I mean common sense would say that a guy like Lee Evans is a better pick in a heavily weighted distance league than a guy like Boldin who's less of a deep threat. There must be a way to project and rank for a distance heavy league, right?

I think you just did. While you're at it, just go ahead and extrapolate that line of thinking for the whole league.

Thanks Sheik!! :D:D

Well therein lies a problem. WHile it is certainly possible to determine who is more likely to score "disatance" touchdowns, you have to use just one distance as a dividing line. And with customized scoring, people want to use whatever it is they use - 20 yard is long in one league whereas 50 yards is long in another.

I am trying to think it through. I could certainly make it look like it was respecting distance TDs but I would only want to do that with accuracy if I was doing it - not just playing with numbers. And for distance scores, the reality is that for WR's for example, very few have over 8 TDs a year and of those maybe half at most would qualify as "long". So we are really only talking about tacking on a couple of points four times a year at most.

I am thinking about it though...

I think you just did. While you're at it, just go ahead and extrapolate that line of thinking for the whole league.

Thanks Sheik!! :D:wacko:

I'm gonna say to you what I say to the Shiekette at least twice a day:

"Awwwww come on. . . .can't you do it for me??"

:D

predicting "long distance" TDs is sorta like predicting INTs for a defensive player...the safer route from the defensive side is to rely on a guy that gets consistent tackles...so with that said I would be more apt to draft someone that is going to get TDs in general more consistently....fwiw I used to be in a league(in south jersey by the way) that had distance scoring....i did a break down on TD length for WRs and RBs and found that overall the longer distance TDs were such a small % that it really didnt make much of a difference over the entire season(i think that on avg 27yrds was the distance of TDs for WRs and running backs were under 10 yrds)....but i know that it will kick yer ass when you get buzz sawed by a WR that has 2 TDs for over 50 yrds one week(which happens very very rarely)

Edited by keggerz