[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

More Evolution

billay

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely, from a purely secular viewpoint. From a non-secular viewpoint, it could be said that God raised us from animals, and the challenge in us is not to cheapen His gift by reverting to our animal urges. When Jesus said I am God, he absolutely could have been saying we each have holiness within us, It is up to us to choose to embrace or deny it.

The rituals and customs from caveman down have been used to manipulate man, true. This is one reason I am so vehemently opposed to organized religion in general, but paradoxically consider myself a believer.

Jesus is not God. Too many differences. Jesus is the Son of God. Many of the same attributes but still a distinct difference. I mean, how bored would God have been trapped in the body of a 2 year old. And now back to the thread... :D

Jesus is not God. Too many differences. Jesus is the Son of God. Many of the same attributes but still a distinct difference. I mean, how bored would God have been trapped in the body of a 2 year old. And now back to the thread... :D

Exactly my point. Jesus not claiming to be God himself but of possessing holiness within himself. Even as all of us do. Jesus hoped to show by example how we each could be the way and the light to our own salvation. Again, be your own personal Jesus. :D

And BTW, Jesus didn't say those words exactly, he instead referred to himself in saying "I am." , likely reference to Moses' talk with God in the Old Testament where God says "You will know me because I am."