[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Firefox experts

darin3

So I downloaded Firefox's Adblock Plus extension to deal with all the ads here (and on other sites :D) and it's generally worked OK. But I've been having issues as of late. The banner ad at the top of the screen keeps coming back. They're all Java ads, so I get the little "block" tab that I click on and it eliminates the ad. But when I navigate to another page, it's back. Even if I navigate BACK to that page where I blocked it, it's back. The ad is apparently morphing its URL, hence avoiding the Adblocking. Is there a setting in Firefox/Adblock Plus that I need to change? Usually, if it's a non-Java ad, I right-click and get the option to either block the ad image or the entire ad FRAME, which I do.... which blocks any and all ads that appear in that area of the screen.

TIA :D

So I downloaded Firefox's Adblock Plus extension to deal with all the ads here (and on other sites :D) and it's generally worked OK. But I've been having issues as of late. The banner ad at the top of the screen keeps coming back. They're all Java ads, so I get the little "block" tab that I click on and it eliminates the ad. But when I navigate to another page, it's back. Even if I navigate BACK to that page where I blocked it, it's back. The ad is apparently morphing its URL, hence avoiding the Adblocking. Is there a setting in Firefox/Adblock Plus that I need to change? Usually, if it's a non-Java ad, I right-click and get the option to either block the ad image or the entire ad FRAME, which I do.... which blocks any and all ads that appear in that area of the screen.

TIA :wacko:

I had problems w/ Adblock also. I made some changes and then it F'd everything up! :wacko: So I dumped it. It saves cookies or some such, and I could never get it back to normal! I'll :D until I see an answer also.

I had problems w/ Adblock also. I made some changes and then it F'd everything up! :wacko: So I dumped it. It saves cookies or some such, and I could never get it back to normal! I'll :D until I see an answer also.

Yeah it's definitely a cookie-based issue. When I clear my cache, I have to re-block everything. I may just reinstall ABP. :D

BJ PM'ed me a possible solution but it's not working.

I'm using Firefox 2.0. I use adblock with the automatic update. I clicked on the banner ads and added a * to the end of the ad site. So, instead of www.adsite.com/ads/images/pic, It blocks adsite.com/*. I see no ads.

Either I have had no problems...which I believe or I'm just not noticing. I have not had any trouble at all that I know of since adding it. I didn't mess with any settings or anything. I think when I downloaded it I went with the option of the list of ads to block that they provided so I have not been manually blocking anything.

Either I have had no problems...which I believe or I'm just not noticing. I have not had any trouble at all that I know of since adding it. I didn't mess with any settings or anything. I think when I downloaded it I went with the option of the list of ads to block that they provided so I have not been manually blocking anything.

:D I don't know what's up. I can't seem to keep these things blocked. I even wildcarded the host site and they're still getting through.

i have AB+ on my store pc and it blocks everything, even DMDs videos on the home page....at home i am 99.999999% sure i have AB+ there too but I can see DMDs vids but still no ads....and no i dont know why or how it just works

Filterset.G, homie.

Google it. Love it.

Get the Filterset.G Updater plugin for Adblock. It's a self-updating list of blockable elements for Adblock. You'll never see an ad again.

yeah i have that on both PCs too