[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Travel Trailers / RV's

Swampnuts

I've been thinking about buying a small travel trailer for the family, to do some weekend beach and mountain trips. Nothing too elaborate, just an 18-21 footer. That would be just fine for the 3 of us to get out easily.

Anybody have any pro's , cons, advice, or recommendations?

I've been thinking about buying a small travel trailer for the family, to do some weekend beach and mountain trips. Nothing too elaborate, just an 18-21 footer. That would be just fine for the 3 of us to get out easily.

Anybody have any pro's , cons, advice, or recommendations?

I have a little camper PM me with any questions. Or ask them here, and I will do my best to answer them

You can stay in a lot of nice hotel rooms for what a travel trailer costs, and you don't have to fight bugs, or even clean it up before you leave.

We used to spend a lot of time camping and RVing when I was younger, and we never stayed in motels. I guess I'm just longing for my youth and want my son to experience some of the fun I used to have.

We used to spend a lot of time camping and RVing when I was younger, and we never stayed in motels. I guess I'm just longing for my youth and want my son to experience some of the fun I used to have.

Motels get so uppity when you try to start a campfire.

That's a little one? Good lord, what does something like that run? I was thinking a nice popup with air, electric, and water hookup to save initial costs and of course towing requirements.

We started with an 18 ft travel trailer and my wife and I both decided that we wanted a queen size bed and enough water to get thru a weekend even taking showers. It was expensive, but I bought the pick-up and then the trailer.

I've recently started toying with the idea of getting an RV. I do plenty of tent camping but the wife just insists on taking more crap than the Honda can hold.

first off go with a fifth wheel not a bumper hitch, we purchase a 25ft trailer 4 years back and got a bumper hitch and it pulled like crap, even with the weight distribution hitch , we traded up this spring to a fifth wheel and the towing difference as well as parking it and backing it up in to stalls is so much easier then the bumber hitch. also really consider the size, we took the same approach with our first trailer and soon realized that with us the kid and the dog that space was very limited, as well as the amount of fresh,grey and black water you can hold.