[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dominic Rhodes

Thews40

RB Rhodes Starter By Midseason?

Steve Corkran, Contra Costa Times, Sporting News -

New Raiders RB Dominic Rhodes has picked up Oakland's offense well. He is pushing incumbent RB LaMont Jordan for the starting spot, though he won't be able to play until he returns from a four-game suspension. The Raiders like Rhodes' quickness, pass-catching ability and history of playing in meaningful games. Look for the Raiders to ease Rhodes into the flow of the offense once he returns and then increase his workload as the season progresses. It wouldn't be surprising to see Rhodes work his way into the starting lineup by midseason.

Looks like Rhodes went way too cheap in the drafts before the pre-season started. A mid season helathy RB right when you need him to start the playoff run is potential money for where he's being drafted... JMHO.

RB Rhodes Starter By Midseason?

Steve Corkran, Contra Costa Times, Sporting News -

New Raiders RB Dominic Rhodes has picked up Oakland's offense well. He is pushing incumbent RB LaMont Jordan for the starting spot, though he won't be able to play until he returns from a four-game suspension. The Raiders like Rhodes' quickness, pass-catching ability and history of playing in meaningful games. Look for the Raiders to ease Rhodes into the flow of the offense once he returns and then increase his workload as the season progresses. It wouldn't be surprising to see Rhodes work his way into the starting lineup by midseason.

Looks like Rhodes went way too cheap in the drafts before the pre-season started. A mid season helathy RB right when you need him to start the playoff run is potential money for where he's being drafted... JMHO.

Corkran was an idiot when I lived up in the Bay Area and apparently still is. The only way Rhodes is the starter by mid-season is if Jordan completely flops in the first four games of the season. Even then, I seriously doubt they'd start him Week 6 after their bye after being suspended. This kind of conjecture is amusing and borderline poor journalism. :D

Rhodes will probably come back when Michael Bush starts coming on as well (unless he gets IR'd)... plus Lamont is no slouch and may not lose the starting job so easy.

Plus Oakland is going to suck.

That's a lot of question marks to make him anything other than a very late pre-backup-kicker sleeper.

Edited by AtomicCEO

Rhodes will probably come back when Michael Bush starts coming on as well (unless he gets IR'd)... plus Lamont is no slouch and may not lose the starting job so easy.

Plus Oakland is going to suck.

That's a lot of question marks to make him anything other than a very late pre-backup-kicker sleeper.

Something tells me Oakland is going to be better than "sucking". Their defense is going to be improved (hmm, I smell a blog entry) and they're going to rely on the run, especially if Jordan regains form.

I seriously doubt that Bush stays off IR. Rhodes is a fine backup/spot player and would be a fine starter, too, should Jordan flop or get injured.

People who watched Rhodes barrel through the playoffs last year behind dominant (for once) run-blocking against defenses that were playing their safeties 15 yards off of the line of scrimmage are going to be disappointed in Rhodes this year. He looked like he was running with concrete galoshes at times last year and has a history of getting dinged up pretty easily. Not only will be in an RBBC situation, but the talent of his supporting cast this year will be the exact opposite of what he played with in Indy. I'd wouldn't take him as anything other than a #4 back.

You can trust me. I'm a Bronco fan. When I talk about the Raiders, it's objective and fair.

"Sucking". Bank it.

Like the Broncos are going to do much better :D

Jordan has looked pretty good. I think Rhodes though is a great pick up. Jordan's back has been giving him problems. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jordan go down at some point this season and Rhodes to take over.

Edited by RaiderSteve

Like the Broncos are going to do much better :D

Jordan has looked pretty good. I think Rhodes though is a great pick up. Jordan's back has been giving him problems. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jordan go down at some point this season and Rhodes to take over.

I'm not a Broncos fan, but just to be clear: you think the Raiders are better than the Broncos? For that matter, do you think the Raiders and Broncos are equals?

If so, yikes.... you need to take the homer glasses off. Broncos may not be the elite of the NFL, but I think they can at least try to compete with the Chargers.

Edited by TDFFFreak

I'm not a Broncos fan, but just to be clear: you think the Raiders are better than the Broncos? For that matter, do you think the Raiders and Broncos are equals?

If so, yikes.... you need to take the homer glasses off. Broncos may not be the elite of the NFL, but I think they can at least try to compete with the Chargers.

No...Broncos are better at the moment. Our Defense is better. Once our offense catches up we will be right there with em. Chargers are the team to beat there but you know that already. It just gets me going these Bronco fans do!

:D

One of my best friends is a Raider fan. It's all in good fan, until one of those dirty criminal Raider fans shoots you.

Well I will be at the game tomorrow. If I see a guy in a Bronco jersey about to get shot I will jump in front of the bullet for him....Then again maybe not :D

2.9 and 3.4

Those are Dom's ypc averages in 2005 and 2006 respectively. And that's behind some pretty decent offensive lines. I wouldn't get too excited about him.

Word!! Rhodes is a backup RB, and Raiders fan that I am I do expect that they will be playing from behind and having to abandon the run in more than a couple games this year.

Just got him 11.09, which is probably early, but it was needed protection of Jordan, so both of those guys are my #3. I personally believe Jordan will bounce back and have a better year.

You HAVE TO believe that. :D

(That's the kind of thinking I do as well when I have that questionable RB2 or RB3...)

I'm not pleased about it....but it was the hand that I got. Missed out on Lewis and Caddy as potential #3's by a few picks, but Jordan in the 6th and Rhodes in the 11th is the best I could manage. When you're drafting against savvy Huddler's it's tough.