[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My kid is Mick Vick

polksalet

You are right about that. It just happens to be the most populated state. But the water is probably different an California anyways. I know when I was a kid livin in Louisiana, I got my ass beat for gettin in the pool without supervision. Maybe my uncle, who did the beating, thought I could actually drown in the good old state of Lousiana too. Then again it isn't California.

Good think he doesn't live in California. :D

KSUChiefsTarheelFan - that really is some eye opening information you posted there. I'm not one to jump to someone’s defense on a MB but honestly, I think that Polk and the rest of us get it. I had neighbor that drowned when I was about 10 years old while her mother sat at that pool reading a book. Mind you I am not talking about a hugh public pool but rather a 20 foot family pool with a little deck that mom sat and watched us swim from. That neighbor was 7 years old at the time and could swim like a fish. I learned a crazy respect for water that year but having said that, I know that I have left my child in the pool while I go refill a drink, (less than a min, right?), and maybe even to go answer the phone. Now that I just read your post up there I don't think that I would do that but man a lot of us take that minute break without really thinking.

Polk – sorry about the dog but man I hope you can get to the bottom of how this happened. I sure hope that little Polk did not mean harm to the dog.

Edited by Skippy

KSUChiefsTarheelFan - that really is some eye opening information you posted there. I'm not one to jump to someone’s defense on a MB but honestly, I think that Polk and the rest of us get it. I had neighbor that drowned when I was about 10 years old while her mother sat at that pool reading a book. Mind you I am not talking about a hugh public pool but rather a 20 foot family pool with a little deck that mom sat and watched us swim from. That neighbor was 7 years old at the time and could swim like a fish. I learned a crazy respect for water that year but having said that, I know that I have left my child in the pool while I go refill a drink, (less than a min, right?), and maybe even to go answer the phone. Now that I just read your post up there I don't think that I would do that but man a lot of us take that minute break without really thinking.

I had a bit of an experience with this when we were evacuated in Niceville, FL for Katrina. The family stayed in a condo in this nice golf community and one day when me & my little girl were out walking the dog I heard screams coming from down the street. At first I thought it was just kids playing, but quickly realized it was a woman screaming for help. We ran as fast as we could to a nearby back yard where we found a woman trying to give her little girl, who looked to be about 2 or 3, CPR by the pool. The baby had already been somewhat revived but looked extremely lethargic and her breathing was obviously very labored. The woman was absolutely hysterical of course and her other daughter, about 10, handed me their phone which had the 911 dispatcher on the line. The dispatcher instructed me to continue the assisted breathing while they talked to the Mother...the taste of vomit & the sound of her breathing are still very clear in my mind. The mother proceeded to tell the dispatcher that she had laid the little girl down for a nap and when she went to check on her she wasn't in the bed. it wasn't long before she saw her floating in the pool and immediately jumped in after her and began to try to resuscitate her. She didn't know how long she had been in there. Not long after the paramedics showed up and took over. Soon after they took the girl out by helicopter to the hospital. I spoke with one of the neighbors before I left & they said that the people had only been there a few months. She said that normally they have a barrier set up around the pool, but it was taken down for the storm and the husband was away on a business trip so it wasn't put back up yet. I never did find out what happened to the little girl. I went back by the house a couple of times afterward, but no one was ever there. Needless to say that situation still kind of haunts me when my kids get in the pool. :D

But the water is probably different an California anyways.

I only peed in it a couple of times...er, well, maybe a few times each time I was out there fishing...but it was mostly going to the LA area so I just assumed it'd probably be okay...maybe just taste a little different :D