[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MSHB League and/or Membership

rajncajn

Come check out what we're all about. If you decide you want to be a part of it just let us know. If not then you're still welcome to sit & chat a while. :D

Unfortunately it's probably too late to get a second league started this year given it's a 16 team - 32 round draft, but we are considering doing something along the lines of the Huddle MVP Challenge for members as well as those who might want to just donate without being a member.

• 3 months later...

Bumping this for the end of the season. So far we only have a few owners for a second league, but I think that shouldn't take too long to fill up. Anyone who is interested in the league or just a membership please shoot me or Big John a PM.

This is just a short introduction for newcomers & potential owners who may be interested in joining the group.

MSHB (Mississippi Home Builders) was originally the brainchild of Steelbunz. When the donations started mounting to help me & the other Katrina victims, Steelbunz decided she wanted to do something more to help out. She asked DMD to create a league forum in order to quietly coordinate a planned trip to come down to Mississippi to help rebuild my home. After a second trip down to Mississippi, me & Big John started discussing the possibility of creating a league from the Huddlers that came to help as well as the members of "Band of Huddlers” & “Money for Nothing", both Huddle groups that were collecting donations. When the league was formed we decided we could do something a little more than just another fantasy football league. So we decided that all funds that were not used for the league software would be pooled to use for times when Huddlers found themselves in need and we would just play for the fun and camaraderie....as well as a little competition along the way. So, now the original forum that was used for the trip has become the MSHB League forum

As the year has passed and a few unfortunate events caused us to release some of the funds, more Huddlers have expressed interest in the league and have inquired about how to join up. So what we decided to do was begin accepting outside donations for memberships. If enough interest is drawn then those donating the league entry fee or more will be granted league ownership into a newly formed MSHB league. We are hoping to expand on what we have and be able to do more to help folks out. My hope is that we can build it into 3 or 4 leagues & we can start having inter-league challenges...but that's probably a little ways off.

Anyway, if you want to check us out here's the league forum. There's some other cool stuff pinned in there as well such as all the journal posts that Steelbunz did for her trips, a link to all the Band of Huddler threads, my original post thanking them all & calling together the league members and just recently I posted some my personal vids from after the storm. Here's the league web page too. Theohiostate did a fantastic job designing it for us this past year. You’ll notice a few oddities about the league names. All of the divisions are named after local eateries that the groups ate at while here & one of our most important rules is that everyone has some form of "Bunz" in their name as a tribute to the great lady who started it all. Some of them are pretty funny & most of them have a significant meaning. Big John’s being the best IMO. :D

The league format is a redraft IDP. The league dues (donation) are $25. Everything that is not used for the league software is held by the Treasurer/Co-Commish until such a time as it is needed. If you would like to know more please check the league rules and/or send me a PM & I’ll answer any questions I can.

• 4 months later...

Did I mention that I eliminated Big Country from the playoffs on the way to the title last year ?

Edited by whomper

Even though I've been cutting down on leagues and message board activity, this seems like a great thing and one I might be interested in taking part in. Although, I have never done IDP and it really isn't my cup of tea. :wacko:

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

I know this isn't supposed to be here so I'm just going to bump this old thread for some of our regulars who don't frequent the "Find a League" forum. :wacko:

We are currently looking for a few more owners to fill this league. Please contact me if you might be interested.

• 1 month later...