[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shula's

Bananaman

I just ate at Shula's Steakhouse tonight and it made sick, but it wasn't because of the food. Its the damn moniker on their menus and signs. "still undefeated". They also have a 17-0 item on their menu. When are these guys going to get over it? I think they've milked this thing as far as its going to go. :D:D:wacko:

I don't really have a problem with it. It really is no different than having pictures of Super Bowl trophies in a restaurant or colleges referencing National championships. But, I don't like when the players get together to have their piss, I mean, champagne toast after the last undefeated team in the season loses. I think that's going too far. Their 17-0 accomplishment can't be erased from the record books. No need to gloat when a team loses. JMHO.

Until another team goes undefeated, why wouldn't Shula use that destinction? One of the greatest accomplishments in NFL history.

Yeah, too bad the members of that team have completely beaten it into the ground for the past 34 years. :D I'd love to see them try to do it in today's NFL- with the salary cap, free agency, and the diluted rosters due to expansion.

Edited by Bill Swerski

The only thing that makes me sick about Shula's is that after paying $40 for an 8 ounce filet, I then have to pay $6 for the salad, $5 for the baked potato and $7.50 for asparagus.

that's how it is at Morton's, Ruth Chris' et al...

If we make Shula take that stuff off his menu, I gues we have to make Menudo strip all that crud off his sigline. . . :D

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

I don't think I have ever witnessed a record holder in sports that so openly and publicly rooted against a future player or team from tie-ing or passing their record. I actually think it looks kind of pathetic for them.

It's not sour grapes. They have a great record that should be celebrated, but to openly celebrate when the last team falls each year is kind of classless, don't you think? I mean, if the Colts or somebody get to the last game undefeated, are the Dolphins gonna trot around wearing the other teams colors for the week? I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised. Also, you better locate Kevin Gilooly (or whoever that ice skaters boyfriend was) if that happens, he may have a job courtesy of the classy undefeated Dolphins.

I understand being against Bonds breaking Aarron's record, due the steroids deal. That is different than just rooting that no one catches your record.

Did anyone see Jack Nichlaus on the 18th green trying to "hex" Tiger and screaming "You da man" for Phil? I might've missed it.......

I have a last question: If somebody does ever go undefeated, do you think the Dolphins will accept their position as the holder of the SECOND best record in football?

I don't think I have ever witnessed a record holder in sports that so openly and publicly rooted against a future player or team from tie-ing or passing their record. I actually think it looks kind of pathetic for them.

I agree with this completely, but that's a little different than being proud of your record and displaying it in your restaurant.

It's not sour grapes. They have a great record that should be celebrated, but to openly celebrate when the last team falls each year is kind of classless, don't you think?

Not to mention kind of silly. They played in a smaller league, without the salary cap constraint, and with a 14-game schedule. How is 17-0 under those circumstances so much better than 18-1 our era? Going undefeated is a fantastic accomplishment, but it's a lot easier when you have two fewer games to play.

They also played in the "three yard and a cloud of dust" era. Were they REALLY a more prolific team than the '85 Bears, the '89 49ers, the '92 Cowboys, the '96 Packers, the '98 Broncos, or the '04 Pats. I don't necessarily think so.

It's not sour grapes. They have a great record that should be celebrated, but to openly celebrate when the last team falls each year is kind of classless, don't you think? I mean, if the Colts or somebody get to the last game undefeated, are the Dolphins gonna trot around wearing the other teams colors for the week? I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised. Also, you better locate Kevin Gilooly (or whoever that ice skaters boyfriend was) if that happens, he may have a job courtesy of the classy undefeated Dolphins.

I understand being against Bonds breaking Aarron's record, due the steroids deal. That is different than just rooting that no one catches your record.

Did anyone see Jack Nichlaus on the 18th green trying to "hex" Tiger and screaming "You da man" for Phil? I might've missed it.......

I have a last question: If somebody does ever go undefeated, do you think the Dolphins will accept their position as the holder of the SECOND best record in football?

Total hogwash. They do not openly and publicly root against others. They simply celebrate their record after the last undefeated team loses. This is not a normal record that gets broken. This is a record that was actually created by them. To be happy when they remain the only football team associated with a unique record is classless? Hogwash. EVERY OTHER NFL RECORD had a record holder the very season they started keeping track. This record came into being, and is being discussed, because the Dolphins created it, invented it, earned it, and still deserve it. The fact that no one else has done and no one else deserves it is a feather in the cap the Fish. Just MHO....

Total hogwash. They do not openly and publicly root against others. They simply celebrate their record after the last undefeated team loses. This is not a normal record that gets broken. This is a record that was actually created by them. To be happy when they remain the only football team associated with a unique record is classless? Hogwash. EVERY OTHER NFL RECORD had a record holder the very season they started keeping track. This record came into being, and is being discussed, because the Dolphins created it, invented it, earned it, and still deserve it. The fact that no one else has done and no one else deserves it is a feather in the cap the Fish. Just MHO....

Sorry, popping corks when the last team loses is openly and publicly rooting against others. It's not rooting for one team to win, it is celebrating a loss, and it's classless. "We're so great we don't think we should have to share our record with anyone."

Yeah, too bad the members of that team have completely beaten it into the ground for the past 34 years. :D I'd love to see them try to do it in today's NFL- with the salary cap, free agency, and the diluted rosters due to expansion.

Kinda like I'd like to see the Cowboys win so many championships in so few years in this era of the salary cap. :D:wacko:

"We're so great we don't think we should have to share our record with anyone."

I'd love to see their antiquated offense go up against a Buddy Ryan or Bill Belichick defense. I'm sure that O-line would keep Lawrence Taylor and Reggie White in check. And I'd love to see the vaunted No Name Defense try to stop Bill Walsh's 49ers offense or Mike Martz's Rams-era offense. I'm sure that the "Greatest Team Ever" would hold Marino/Clayton/Duper, Aikman/Irvin/Emmitt, Young/Rice/Watters, Elway/Davis/Sharpe/Smith, Warner/Bruce/Holt/Faulk, or Manning/Harrison/Wayne/Clark to less than 20 points. :D

The '72 Dolphins were a great team, but they take themselves WAY too seriously.

Edited by Bill Swerski