[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Riddle-How do you turn a 6th round draft pick into a stud QB

PantherDave

Bottom line and team name aside, the league did not need this after the Vick crap and the the other major sport hoop-la that has gone on this year. It is just very bad timing period-no matter who the team is,

+1

I really hope that they didn't place radio transmitters in their defensive players' helmets. Because that would be bad for the entire league, not just the Pats.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How's that kool-aid taste? You think a player making a massive embarassment out of himself for his own personal actions is worse than an organization setting up a system to cheat over the past few years, and getting a few rings along with it?

They've placed their champeenships into question, which cuts to the heart of the integrity of the sport. But that's ok - it was your team! :D

Yummm!

If all you think Vick did was embarrass himself, you're an idiot.

If you think a coach trying to get signals is worse than killing 30+ dogs, and funding their torture and rape, and caging and murder, than you're an idiot.

So either way, we've narrowed down what you are, it's just where you stand that we need to figure out.

If all you think Vick did was embarrass himself, you're an idiot.

If you think a coach trying to get signals is worse than killing 30+ dogs, and funding their torture and rape, and caging and murder, than you're an idiot.

So either way, we've narrowed down what you are, it's just where you stand that we need to figure out.

I'm talking about how each directly effects the rest of the NFL, not the morals, ethics or the aftermath of said behavior.

You, well, you would rather just call someone names while attempting to misrepresent what is being said as a way to obfuscate what a Sega!ty thing your team did to the rest of the league.

Is the Kool Aid red, white or blue boyo?

I'm talking about how each directly effects the rest of the NFL, not the morals, ethics or the aftermath of said behavior.

You, well, you would rather just call someone names while attempting to misrepresent what is being said as a way to obfuscate what a Sega!ty thing your team did to the rest of the league.

Is the Kool Aid red, white or blue boyo?

No, you're talking about the ethics of it all, and how those ethics and decisions of people affect the "integrity" of the league. And if you think one of the most famous people in the NFL mass murdering animals on a $130million payroll is much better than a coach trying to get signals from a camera, you are so far out of bounds, that you can't help but FAIL.

It is NOT ME that is mis representing anything. You talk about this kool aid, but I have yet to figure out where I said I condone any of anything. You're just looking to argue with someone who is willing to continue to allow themselves to fall into this bottomless pit of denial and stupidity, since everyone else left.

Well, you got him, because I'll stick it out.

Now, if you want to change the subject at hand, and bring up the Panthers, and compare the Panthers roids to Belichik and his cheating, then bring it on. We'll debate, but you wont like my answer.

If you just want to argue stupid points, and look retarded, then stick with Vick being better than Belichik and how his decisions/actions aren't nearly as negative to the league and Bill trying to read some lips or get some plays.

So, choose your next set of words carefully, because, I can promise you, you will eat them.

edit; and btw, the Pats are NOT my team. I hate the Pats, I despise Brady, and wouldn't cross the street to spit in Belichik's face...so, read posts more carefully when you have the need to drop turds from your mouth.

Edited by LooGie

I guess I just feel duped, you don't have to like a player, coach or team but it does'nt mean you don't respect what they have done etc. It's clearly known I'm a Panther fan, but I'm also a fan of the game-nothing comes close to me, MLB never watch it, never, NBA same, never seen one minute of the Bobcats play, so outside of college football and ACC Hoops-it's the NFL. I love the NFL and the Vick chit and now this, and I despise cheating with every fiber of my being-just flat out can't stand it. So, yes, theories, now troubling questions etc have majorly skewed my opinion of Bill and Tom in a major way. This was not a fishing expedition of any kind-just my, "now feelings", on this team, player and coach. I can never view the Pat's with respect anymore..just can't do it.

So how exactly does Brady get tarnished by this? Shouldn't you be bitching about the coaching staff instead?

The whole "organazation" has crashed and burned in my eyes. It's the NFL, it starts and ends with the QB who is an extension on the feild of the HC. So, yes ( in my eyes, my opinion) he has been severly tarnished, and that will not change.

No, you're talking about the ethics of it all, and how those ethics and decisions of people affect the "integrity" of the league. And if you think one of the most famous people in the NFL mass murdering animals on a $130million payroll is much better than a coach trying to get signals from a camera, you are so far out of bounds, that you can't help but FAIL.

It is NOT ME that is mis representing anything. You talk about this kool aid, but I have yet to figure out where I said I condone any of anything. You're just looking to argue with someone who is willing to continue to allow themselves to fall into this bottomless pit of denial and stupidity, since everyone else left.

Well, you got him, because I'll stick it out.

Now, if you want to change the subject at hand, and bring up the Panthers, and compare the Panthers roids to Belichik and his cheating, then bring it on. We'll debate, but you wont like my answer.

If you just want to argue stupid points, and look retarded, then stick with Vick being better than Belichik and how his decisions/actions aren't nearly as negative to the league and Bill trying to read some lips or get some plays.

So, choose your next set of words carefully, because, I can promise you, you will eat them.

edit; and btw, the Pats are NOT my team. I hate the Pats, I despise Brady, and wouldn't cross the street to spit in Belichik's face...so, read posts more carefully when you have the need to drop turds from your mouth.

Awfully full of yourself aren't we? As far as sticking around to argue pointless pieces of stupidity, taht's what I thought you were doin, so I guess we're just feeding the fire, aren't we?

Awfully full of yourself aren't we? As far as sticking around to argue pointless pieces of stupidity, taht's what I thought you were doin, so I guess we're just feeding the fire, aren't we?

That is what I'm doing. I'm sticking around, to argue against your pointless pieces of stupidity. I'm not saying what they did is fine, and I'm certainly not saying what they did worse than what Vick did. You said that, and I think you're off your rocker because of it. If it's a Panther-roid point, bring it on, because that is a good debate, but i think we'll be on the same side of the fence there.

The vick statement was way off target. That's all. I have respect for you and your opinions, as you usually voice them in a very articulate way, but that was and probably will remain, one of the worst statements I've ever read on here.

That is what I'm doing. I'm sticking around, to argue against your pointless pieces of stupidity. I'm not saying what they did is fine, and I'm certainly not saying what they did worse than what Vick did. You said that, and I think you're off your rocker because of it. If it's a Panther-roid point, bring it on, because that is a good debate, but i think we'll be on the same side of the fence there.

The vick statement was way off target. That's all. I have respect for you and your opinions, as you usually voice them in a very articulate way, but that was and probably will remain, one of the worst statements I've ever read on here.

The Panthers and the roids was one of the worst witch hunts ever, as Peppers and Morgan were the targets, and they were never near the supposed Doctor in question. When the big fish turned out to be "former" players in Sauerburn and Stussie...well, that was light years away from the players targeted. There was no penalties or fines, and as far as the article.....the Panthers SB year was 2003....not 2004, just another quality piece of journalism we get nowadays-carry on.

The Panthers and the roids was one of the worst witch hunts ever, as Peppers and Morgan were the targets, and they were never near the supposed Doctor in question. When the big fish turned out to be "former" players in Sauerburn and Stussie...well, that was light years away from the players targeted. There was no penalties or fines, and as far as the article.....the Panthers SB year was 2003....not 2004, just another quality piece of journalism we get nowadays-carry on.

hehe, dammit PD. You stole my thunder, that's why I kept avoiding it, waiting to see if he would bring that up as a final fall back. Oh well, we're all Huddlers and we all enjoy a good debate (especially me :D) Pope, you're ok in my book :D

Those are some nice rose colored glasses you have there PD.....can you say Fall Guys? If you actually think that only your punter was involved, then you are as naive as the rest of the haters with all this Pats bashing that is going on.

For anyone that doesn't think that every, I mean EVERY team in the NFL doesn't try and steal the signals one way or another is just plain ignorant. This is a major business and if you are not doing everything in your means to win you are not going to stick around. This is true of players, coaches, trainers etc...and it's in all sports not just the NFL. Is it right, probably not, but it's reality, so get off your holier than thou soap boxes and accept the world we live in for what it is.

Bill's mistake was pure arrogance. For all we know Mangini could have been a former camera man..... He and the Pats will accept their penalty and they will still go on to have a very good if not great season which hopefully ends with the Lombardi trophy coming back to Foxborough.

One last note, you can sure as hell bet that they will be on the sideline Sunday night trying to decipher the Chargers signal calling, just like the Chargers staff will be doing the same thing across the field. Probably not with a camera though.

Those are some nice rose colored glasses you have there PD.....can you say Fall Guys? If you actually think that only your punter was involved, then you are as naive as the rest of the haters with all this Pats bashing that is going on.

For anyone that doesn't think that every, I mean EVERY team in the NFL doesn't try and steal the signals one way or another is just plain ignorant. This is a major business and if you are not doing everything in your means to win you are not going to stick around. This is true of players, coaches, trainers etc...and it's in all sports not just the NFL. Is it right, probably not, but it's reality, so get off your holier than thou soap boxes and accept the world we live in for what it is.

Bill's mistake was pure arrogance. For all we know Mangini could have been a former camera man..... He and the Pats will accept their penalty and they will still go on to have a very good if not great season which hopefully ends with the Lombardi trophy coming back to Foxborough.

One last note, you can sure as hell bet that they will be on the sideline Sunday night trying to decipher the Chargers signal calling, just like the Chargers staff will be doing the same thing across the field. Probably not with a camera though.

This whole statement is correct. Except for the "hopefully ends...Lombardi..blah blah"

That's some nice-"turning it to fit my line of thinking", they went after the Panthers and got down right embarassed by the lack of "evidence" in the case which was the said Doctor spouting off most likely for blackmail reason, so as far as the Panthers and that particular case-witch hunt, only brought about by Peppers suspension his rookie year-nothing more, nothing less. The Commisoner of the National Football League has hard core proof in his hands that the Pats do indeed cheat. So live with it, as ya have to take the good with the bad.....unless your ass is strictly "fair weather"???????

I'm not here to defend the Patriots. But I'll say this much.

Not sure who most of you guys root for in baseball so I'll just use the Yankees as an example.

Jeter's on 2nd in the deciding game of the A.L. Championship game and steals a sign from Varitek. He then signals A-Rod that a fastball's coming and A -Rod hits it 500 ft. to win the pennant.

How's that gonna make you feel?

The thing about baseball is, if you get caught doing it there, the players will handle it on the field. Usually with a 90 mph fastball between your shoulder blades.

The whole "organazation" has crashed and burned in my eyes. It's the NFL, it starts and ends with the QB who is an extension on the feild of the HC. So, yes ( in my eyes, my opinion) he has been severly tarnished, and that will not change.

Now I'm not trying to start a pissing contest, but if the Patriots as an organization that has someone who is cheating, and all patriots are cheaters, are the panthers not all murderers because of Rae Carruth, or Vikings all drunks because of Koren Robinson, or all Packers addicted to painkillers, or all of the Eagles bad parents?

A single person or a few people in my eyes don't change my perception of a team.

While I do think its not a good thing and needs to be punished, I think you guys just have way too much time to think about this and are blowing this way out of proportion.

Now I'm not trying to start a pissing contest, but if the Patriots as an organization that has someone who is cheating, and all patriots are cheaters, are the panthers not all murderers because of Rae Carruth, or Vikings all drunks because of Koren Robinson, or all Packers addicted to painkillers, or all of the Eagles bad parents?

A single person or a few people in my eyes don't change my perception of a team.

While I do think its not a good thing and needs to be punished, I think you guys just have way too much time to think about this and are blowing this way out of proportion.

Well, this is the "Patriots" and that makes it a hugh thing, check out the reaction around the league and not just here, as this is not a "knee-jerk" reaction. I said not a word until it was proven that the Pats were breaking the rules via the Commisoners office in NYC.

Well, this is the "Patriots" and that makes it a hugh thing, check out the reaction around the league and not just here, as this is not a "knee-jerk" reaction. I said not a word until it was proven that the Pats were breaking the rules via the Commisoners office in NYC.

Miami was called out for doing this last year as well... So is every dolphin now in that same list, or does this have more to do with Ring Envy? I know a lot of you don't want to hear it, but I think the more teams than not have done this at least once. Stealing signs is something that happens in baseball as well. Its not like this is uncharted waters here. This isn't new.

Reguardless, to say this has tarneshed anything Brady has done or will do is flat out asinine. This is just another way that the other 31 teams can try and make themselves feel better about getting dominated over the past few years.

Miami was called out for doing this last year as well... So is every dolphin now in that same list, or does this have more to do with Ring Envy? I know a lot of you don't want to hear it, but I think the more teams than not have done this at least once. Stealing signs is something that happens in baseball as well. Its not like this is uncharted waters here. This isn't new.

Reguardless, to say this has tarneshed anything Brady has done or will do is flat out asinine. This is just another way that the other 31 teams can try and make themselves feel better about getting dominated over the past few years.

I do not disagree, but Goodell called a meeting to address this very issue before the season, with the Pat's evidently being the ears he was mainly after....and after that, they pull this in week 1. Like i said, read around and you'll find that the Pat's were thought to operate above the "norm" on this topic.