[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Riddle-How do you turn a 6th round draft pick into a stud QB

PantherDave

thats fine..you are entitled...but to lump him in with travis henry is absurd

i do remember when they first announced this news that she was pregnant...there was quite a thread on here....and we discussed the possibility of this being a desperation move by a woman in her early 30's who just had her tv show cancelled(you know "whoops i forgot to take my pills")

just how is it different and why wouldnt you lump him in with henry? what happens if tom gets his current girl pregnant and she has the kid and they dont end up together? can we lump them together then? no my point was that brady is supposed to be this great role model and such....well fathering a bastard child sure doesnt seem like a good thing for a role model to do.

take your tom brady underoos off and try to address this without your blind homerism

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I'm not. It's irresponsible behavior by Mr. Brady and Ms. Moynihan for sure, but certainly not on the level of Henry, Shawn Kemp, Larry Bird, etc.

That's a possibility, but there's really no way to prove that.

there is no way to prove it...but the thought that it did happen...and that mr brady took the high road publicly...has to be entertained

its just funny to me to see these people with "cowboys" in their screen names and guys with steelers avatars....bash the patriots and act like they have completely tarnished and shamed the game....

Oh, I'm not. It's irresponsible behavior by Mr. Brady and Ms. Moynihan for sure, but certainly not on the level of Henry, Shawn Kemp, Larry Bird, etc.

That's a possibility, but there's really no way to prove that.

you cant get to 2 without passing #1 :D

That may be true on a moral basis, but cheating strikes at the integrity of the game. What do you think that MLB thought was worse: The Black Sox throwing the 1919 World Series or Ty Cobb going into the stands to pummel a heckler? The last time I checked, Cobb was still in the HOF. Shoeless Joe & Co. are not.

If the Pats were just stealing signals with a video camera, a couple of suspensions and the loss of a draft pick will take care of it. However, if the rumors about the "unauthorized frequencies" being used to send signals to a transmitter in a defensive player's helmet are true (and I don't think that they are), you're talking about a scandal that will rock the league BIG TIME. In this scenario, multiple people would be banished from the league Pete Rose-style.

I agree with this statement. If there was unauthorized transmitters and all that, then yah, that's hardcore cheating, and certainly jeopardizes the integrity of the sport. I still dont think it would be worse than what Vick did, especially if more NFL players are found to be involved in his ring.

Grow up and realize you're trying to talk about something different than I am: anything that can seriously place the results of sporting events into question cuts right to the heart of the sport's existence. Baseball knew it in 1919, the NBA knows it in the wake of the Donaghey scandal over the summer and Goodell knows it right now.

So, punk I'm still waiting for you to make me eat my words, but again you bring up straw man arguments (I never mentioned the Panthers in this thread, and probably have the same opinion of Ray Ray that you do, and OF COURSE it isn't illegal) in order to feel right.

On an everyday basis, what Vick did was far worse than what Belicheat did, on a purely human level. But all of my statements haven't been about that, they've been about what was worse for the league. And this is worse than the Vick BS because that was clearly a single person bringing shame on the NFL with his horrific deeds. But the NFL would much rather have another off field embarassment than a on field coaching staff organizing a way to break rules in order to get an advantage their opponents don't have - especially when said coaching staff has 3 SB Trophies in the last 6 years.

Your statement about my 'eating your words I promise you' was what I originally thought it was - a joke.

Oh, so now you're reverting to calling names, and claiming I'm straw man? You have YET to prove your point.

You said in one of your past posts "NO biggie, it was your team" or something like that. (it's not even worth scrolling around to find, because the whole post was laughable) but my team is the Panthers, so I assumed you were talking about the roid issue, which I figured out, you are not.

Viewing signals, does NOT hit the integrity of the sport, it doesn't even in any way effect it. Not at all. They all do it, and you can bet YOUR ASS if the QB happens to pick up on defensive hand signals (much like Jake Delhomme did year before last) the coaching staff would use that. If the OC in the booth happens to read the lips of the opposing team, you can bet YOUR ASS it will be used, and certainly not frowned up. That is why the coaches cover their mouths.

You can bet YOUR ASS that if someone is part deaf, and can read lips on a franchise, they'll be utilized that very way, every single Sunday. So get over it.

Now, if you want to talk about the transmitters (which you didn't bring up) then yah, that is absolute cheating, and being used to gain an unfair advantage, and especially with the new green dot, it's downright greedy, sneaky, not allowed cheating. It would absolutely penetrate to the heart of the game and effect it negatively for years and years to come, especially this Pats legacy. Forever. No two ways about it.

But, you want to compare HoFers? You think Vick is getting in, even if he was good enough? Hell no. Not now, not ever. The moral issues are not to be simply forgotten just so you can back pedal to make some invisible point where you simply said "this is worse than the Vick thing." You said it hits the integrity, but I hate to tell you, the players are the game, and when one is a dirty, murdering, herpes spreading Megan Fox, it not only effects the Falcons, it effects the league, and how people view it, as they automatically judge the players, and the league for employing them.

This is NOT WORSE than the "Vick thing" by which, I mean, CAGING, RAPING, TORTURING, HUMILIATING, FIGHTING, ABUSING, KILLING AND BURYING DOMESTICATED ANIMALS.

If you think Goodell would rather have players murdering dogs, on $130m bankrolls, instead of a team attempting to "cheat" by video taping signals, then you're right. I should not have said you'll eat your words. I gave you too much credit, and assumed you were smart enough to see a point made someone other than yourself. You are clearly not, and therefore, will never eat your words.

Your point (which you never made, perhaps I am giving you too much credit again) about transmitters, while not being worse than Vick, is certainly more close to what we're discussing. But again, I believe I gave you too much credit.

O.k. I've done some analysis on this, and found the following to be true.

In the 2001 Championship game, it was completely clear that the Patriots cheated in their victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers. It is obvious that the cheating allowed them to win that game. Due to the fact that the Patriots had to cheat in order to beat the Steelers, and the Patriots beat the Rams, it is clear, without a shadow of a doubt, that the Pittsburgh Steelers would have beaten the Rams in the Super Bowl. The Pittsburgh Steelers should now be the Super Bowl champions for that season.

In the 2004 Championship game, it was even clearer than in 2001 that the Patriots cheated in their victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers. It is obvious that the cheating allowed them to win that game. Due to the fact that the Patriots had to cheat in order to beat the Steelers, and the Patriots beat the Eagles, it is clear, without a shadow of a doubt, that the Pittsburgh Steelers would have beaten the Eagles in the Super Bowl. The Pittsburgh Steelers should now be the Super Bowl champions for that season.

In the 2003 Championship game, it cannot be proven that the New England Patriots cheated, therefore, they should retain their Super Bowl championship title from that season.

My research was done without bias, and anything short of the above from the NFL is simply unacceptable.

Thank you. :D

Edited by Menudo

have you guys heard the latest rumor? apparently a transmitter was placed inside the football and it sent vinatieri kicks through the uprights...crazy i know

good thing the pats had a great kicker that could get them the win cause their QB wasnt able to get them into the End zone when it mattered

In the 2001 Championship game, it was completely clear that the Patriots cheated in their victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers. It is obvious that the cheating allowed them to win that game. Due to the fact that the Patriots had to cheat in order to beat the Steelers, and the Patriots beat the Rams, it is clear, without a shadow of a doubt, that the Pittsburgh Steelers would have beaten the Rams in the Super Bowl. The Pittsburgh Steelers should now be the Super Bowl champions for that season.

In the 2004 Championship game, it was even clearer than in 2001 that the Patriots cheated in their victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers. It is obvious that the cheating allowed them to win that game. Due to the fact that the Patriots had to cheat in order to beat the Steelers, and the Patriots beat the Eagles, it is clear, without a shadow of a doubt, that the Pittsburgh Steelers would have beaten the Eagles in the Super Bowl. The Pittsburgh Steelers should now be the Super Bowl champions for that season.

In the 2003 Championship game, it cannot be proven that the New England Patriots cheated, therefore, they should retain their Super Bowl championship title from that season.

My research was done without bias, and anything short of the above from the NFL is simply unacceptable.

Thank you.

The Huddlers are truly lucky to such a fair, and un biased third party such as yourself around, to share your thoughts and wisdom. :D

The Huddlers are truly lucky to such a fair, and un biased third party such as yourself around, to share your thoughts and wisdom. :D

You're welcome. It's my pleasure. I love to help people.

there is no way to prove it...but the thought that it did happen...and that mr brady took the high road publicly...has to be entertained

its just funny to me to see these people with "cowboys" in their screen names and guys with steelers avatars....bash the patriots and act like they have completely tarnished and shamed the game....

We only do coke, hookers and sell vans full of Josh Gordon..We dont cheat the game..We cheat our livers

Thank you. :D

if the pats would just follow the steelers lead they would have just been paying off officials instead of delving into iSpy stuff :D

Me, I'm just glad it's not a Bengals incident again.

<stepsasidetoletconverstioncontinue>

You spoke too soon.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/09/13/...year-old-child/

bahahah

Edit: btw...not laughing at the incident obviously. Just at the Bungles. Someone was bound to take my sinister laugh the wrong way.

Edited by Sturphy

You spoke too soon.

bahahah

Edit: btw...not laughing at the incident obviously. Just at the Bungles. Someone was bound to take my sinister laugh the wrong way.

Ouchie

You spoke too soon.

bahahah

since they seem to be ok from the story i will add a bit of hughmor

maybe they tried to take his bud lite :D