[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

They have won many battles

whomper

lol at the "Benedryl Solution".

The Benadryl line was a joke..Dont get me wrong there have been occasions where we gave it to them to knock them out but these 4 weeks the turn around came from the 7am wake up and no naps..Ironically the kids pediatrician did actually say at one point a few years ago when we were struggling with this to give them claritin for 5 straight days to establish a routine. She said my kids take it anyway for allergies sometimes and its 24 hrs so give it to them at night to help the sleep and the allergies. We felt that wouldve been a quick fix so we didnt do it.

:D We give our puppy Benadryl. Sure, she has allergies and it's been recommended by the vet that we give it to her. But the side effect is actually a good thing. F'in spastic dog. :D

Oh believe me, we try the whole choices/timeout thing all the time. Sometimes it works, usually not. Usually she just puts her foot down and says "i don't want to" do whatever and when told then we go to timeout, it's "i don't want to" followed by the kicking and screaming and trying to leave timeout while we continually put her back in the timeout corner.

Recently I've concluded she's going through not only her terrible twos, but her teenage years early at the same time.

Yeah, what works for some definately doesn't work for others. Other ideas you've probably tried, but things I've seen, heard of, read:

- Some type of reward system - like going to bed on time for a week gets a prize of some type.

- Some type of penalty system - not going to bed on time loses certain things or priveleges (like tv)

- Both you and your wife setting aside time to spend with her uninterrupted each day - like 30 mins or something each of undivided attention doing whatever she wants (on the premise she may be acting up for attention).

- Boarding school

Edited by Atlanta Cracker

Yeah, what works for some definately doesn't work for others. Other ideas you've probably tried, but things I've seen, heard of, read:

- Some type of reward system - like going to bed on time for a week gets a prize of some type.

- Some type of penalty system - not going to bed on time loses certain things or priveleges (like tv)

- Both you and your wife setting aside time to spend with her uninterrupted each day - like 30 mins or something each of undivided attention doing whatever she wants (on the premise she may be acting up for attention).

- Boarding school

:D

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

:D We give our puppy Benadryl. Sure, she has allergies and it's been recommended by the vet that we give it to her. But the side effect is actually a good thing. F'in spastic dog. :D

how big is the dog and how much benadryl? my dog is of the spastic variety also

Anyone else wonder what kind of movies they used to watch at 3:00 in the morning? :D

Wah wanka wah wahhhhhhhhh... oh yeah baby!

:D It was always movies we rented on demand...But then again my wife gets in the mood from a good infomercial

I find it is best to be apathetic about most issues in your children's lives. As they begin to pick up on the fact that you really don't care, they become more responsible for themselves. Remember, I am a trained professional.

We decided a long time ago to save sex for retirement.

I masturbate into a syringe.

• 2 weeks later...

as many of you know, the swammis have four kids...7,5,3,1.

Barring any kind of special evening (firepit, family movie, etc.), our kids are in bed at 8:00 during the schoolyear, TV or book until 8:30 then lights out. Yes, our 7 year old gets bummed sometimes that he is going to bed at the same time as our 1-year-old, but he gets lots of other privledges that we constantly remind him of (he's allowed outside later than the others since he can shower, he gets sleepovers, he can stay up on weekend a little later than the others)...but 8:00 is the ticket...its awesome to have every evening with the wifey.

My wife an I are exhausted at the end of the day....we need an hour or two to ourselves before bedtime, and she usually zonks out by 10-10:30.

Then I can get on the computer and play some cards and huddle-up :D