[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cancer vs Fantasy Football

Turf Smurf

Again, I am sorry if I made a few of you mad.

Most that posted, have not apparently lost anybody.

My point was simply that something like this was completely inappropriate to bring to this forum. So, I questioned the motive.

And the sheepoeple bit back.

It's unfortunate that no one has the intelliic to engage......

Soggy people will be crushed. As it has always been.

Again, I am sorry if I made a few of you mad.

My point was simply that something like this was completely inappropriate to bring to this forum. So, I questioned the motive.

What the hell is "intelliic?" :D

I lost my mom and two siblings, so I figured I had a right to speak.

After what I already said in a previous post, I was just saying that those that have not had to bury anyone yet, have NO idea what they are talking about.

If taking anger out on me helps, so be it.

There are a bunch of people on this board who I know lost people to cancer (or the like). It came across as others' opinions on the matter, whether not having an experience with death of a loved one to this deadly disease or to have been faced with losing a loved one, are illegitimate.

You may have been trying to play devil's advocate, but sometimes we need to leave well enough alone. I think anything that allows someone who is hurting, scared, etc. to vent or express themselves to a sympathetic ear, has it's place. Even on a fantasy football board. I know I would not devalue the loss for which you have experienced.

I am sorry for your loss and sadness as well.

Edited by TDFFFreak

I missed the post but I've lost several family members due to cancer. It sucks and it sucks the life out of the survivor's family and friends. You feel almost as drained as the victim. Again I don't know what I'm reply to but just giving my insight on dealing with the disease.

EDIT: I see now, the shleprock post. Turf, yer a dick.

Edited by loaf

yeah, it takes a lot of "intellic" to walk in your shoes, clearly. how exactly would you like us to "engage" a cowardly little guttersnipe like yourself? i suppose i could start by asking what YOU think schlep's "motive" was? why don't you use your intellic to explain to all the soggy people what the "suspect motive" is in offering a hand to grits in an attempt to focus on positive thoughts? please explain to this sheeperson what schlep was trying to gain for himself here?

Everybody here has lost somebody at some point. Cancer is an ugly thing. And if you have experienced it first hand, then why doesn't schlep deserve the same kind of respect and prayers that you would?

Your post was just classless and a dick move. If you have been here long enough, you know people here are very supportive of one another, and SP was just looking for that support. And in true huddle fashion, it was given.

There was NO REASON for you to say what you did. None.

As posted in the locked thread:

The first time I've ever seen a thread asking for support like that locked, which is kind of a shame when you think about it. It is also the first thread asking for support and calling out another huddler at the same time, so really Schlep set the thread up for a fall by taking that approach.

Because I don't agree with somebody or because I don't like somebody is no reason to wish pain and/or death on them or their families ... so I wish the best for Schlep's mom.

SP was just looking for that support. And in true huddle fashion, it was given.

There was NO REASON for you to say what you did. None.

Taken at face value, it looks more like Schlep was saying that he was willing to bury his public feud against Grits because he had bigger fish on his plate moreso than trolling for sympathy.

Either way, Turf's post appeared very low-rent.