[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Wes Welker really overated

mrpnlu

I had Wes Welker but I dropped him for Stallworth. Stallworth was coming back from health issues and now in my mind, took over his spot again. Samething happened with McDonald in DET, now Furrey is getting the looks. Sorry but Welker is now useless IMO.

2 weeks, 4 TDs and 300 yards later.... :D

He's this year's Brandon Stokley.

except stokley was a big, slow 3rd option while welker is small, fast, and the 2nd option. Otherwise I think it is a dead on comparison. Sort of like Michael Clayton and Santana Moss.

except stokley was a big, slow 3rd option while welker is small, fast, and the 2nd option. Otherwise I think it is a dead on comparison. Sort of like Michael Clayton and Santana Moss.

Are you serious? Stokley and Welker are near replicas. Both are short and not especially fast, but lightning quick in space (especially in the slot) and regularly beat that 3rd defensive back...

i actually dropped him after i posted above, last friday

to pick up KJ.....but since have been able to pick him up again.

i'l play him this week @ Miami and beyond....

i've just about had it with S. Moss

KJ was available? What kind of league is this anyway?

He's starting to look more like poor-mans TJ at least by the numbers. Chad-Randy get all the attention and Welker-TJ get a lot of catches.

Moss 44 catches 732 yards 10 TDs

Welker 47 catches 524 yards 5 TDs

Stalworth 22 catches 367 yards 3 TD

Chad 39/680/3

TJ 51/548/8

Stalworth is clearly the 3rd WR (and a VERY GOOD number three) and Benji is there but didn't play against Miami

Edited by rai

Sorry, but I have to gloat a bit here and call out one particuarly skeptical Huddle member...

Back in early September, I listed my WCOFF team and said that Welker, whom I thought we stole in the 12th round, would lead the Pats in receptions and be an incredible sleeper. And Bronco "Not the One with the Ghey Ponys" Billy ripped me not only for grabbing Welker, but also Dallas Clark, whom we also thought we stole (13th round).

To date: Welker is 3rd in the NFL with 47 catches, even ahead of uber-stud teammate Moss. And heading into Monday night, Clark is tops in TE touchdowns with 5, and 4th in YPG behind Gates, Gonzo, Witten. Better yet, those wasted picks of ours have helped lead us to 6-1 in our league, tops in points and....best of all....seventh overallplace out of all 877 teams. It's a long season, but fingers crossed they keep it, and us, going....

Remember all that, BB? :D Hm? :D

Surrrrre you do.....

I'm a Welker owner who was burned by the two bad games vs. Cincy and Cleveland but none of that matters now. I'm playing the guy every week regardless. I was torn on playing him yesterday but around 11 AM Sunday (thanks to some help from the huddle!) I came to my sense and couldnt be happier.

IMO it's all hands on deck with any Patriots players you happen to own right now...

Except of course that turd Maroney :D

Edited by malta69

In my local I drafted him with my last pick in the draft, was skeptical and dropped him prior to week 1 :D

But, every year I drop a guy before the season and he pans out on someone else's roster. This is 3 years in a row, man I'm an idiot, i can't even learn from that, every year I say, nah can't happen again :D