[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

just picked up Fargas

fballfreak

He will be a stud.........BECAUSE I dropped him last week in Bloomers! :D PU'd Peterson as a bye week filler, now I don't know what to do! :D

Not a stud for 3 reasons: First, he's been given the opportunity before and was never really able to take advantage of it so he's ability has to be questioned. Second, he's injury prone. Third, he plays on a pretty bad football team.

:wacko:

Not a stud for 3 reasons: First, he's been given the opportunity before and was never really able to take advantage of it so he's ability has to be questioned. Second, he's injury prone. Third, he plays on a pretty bad football team.

:D

so he's due for a career day i'm hoping its this weekend. :D

link?

No direct link about starter status this week (just a rumour on raider message boards) but the link below quotes Kiffen stating that Fargas will be seeing increased carries. Also provides insight on Jordan's possible status with the team with Miichael Bush coming into the picture.

Put it this way, if you have Jordan, put him on the trading block...and if Fargas is still on waivers grab him now.

Meanwhile I will be searching for new avatar...

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/20087.html

Jordan's reps, days with Oakland may be cut short

Posted by: Anthony Carroll on November 2, 2007 12:02 AM

Oakland Raiders running back LaMont Jordan began the season as one of the NFL's hottest running backs. Now, his team may be turning cold on him.

The 28-year-old halfback ran for over 400 yards and pair of touchdowns in his first four games with Oakland this season. Since Week 4, however, when the 230-pounder re-aggravated a longtime back injury, Jordan has carried the ball 41 times for just 83 yards in three outings, an atrocious 2.0 yards per attempt.

Now, things just continue to get worse.

This week, head coach Lane Kiffin told reporters he'd like to see less of Jordan and more of 27-year-old backup Justin Fargas, who rushed for 179 yards in relief of Jordan in Week 4 at Miami and last week led the team with 61 yards on the ground. Whether Jordan feels healthy or not, Kiffin has made it clear he likes what he sees in Fargas.

"That was the plan coming in: we were going to play Justin more," Kiffin told the Sacramento Bee earlier this week. "We like what Justin brings, and he hadn't had very many opportunities of late. We wanted to give him a shot."

Last week at Tennessee, Fargas rushed just as many times as Jordan, but registered 45 more yards. This week, in a home contest with the 3-5 Texans, don't be surprised if Fargas begins and ends the game as the team's starter.

Even worse for Jordan, it's not just Fargas he has to worry about.

Ex-Indianapolis Colts running back Dominic Rhodes returned from a four-game suspension a month ago and will certainly become an increasing factor in the backfield. The 28-year-old has rushed for just 21 yards on nine carries this season, but you'd better expect the Raiders to find a way to use a player they invested two years and $7.5 million in.

That means Jordan not only has to fend off Fargas for the starting position -- a battle he may have already lost -- but also struggle with Rhodes for carries.

After this Sunday, things may become a bit clearer.

It hasn't been announced -- and may never be -- but Fargas, whether he starts or not, will likely take most of the reps on the ground for the Raiders. With Rhodes also in the equation, Jordan may spend the bulk of Sunday on the bench.

And with the arrival of rookie Michael Bush off the Non-Football Injury list earlier this week, this all makes for a very hazy long-term future for Jordan with the team that signed him in the offseason of 2005.

Bush, a fourth-round pick, walked into his team's Alameda, Calif., practice facility on Wednesday expecting to put together yet another personal workout. According to San Francisco Chronicle writer David White, however, Kiffin "popped the question Bush hadn't heard in more than a year: 'You feel like practicing today?'"

Bush practiced, joining Jordan, Rhodes and Fargas in the backfield.

It was a bit crowded. Though, it may not remain that way for too long.

Kiffin has 21 days to decide whether he'd like to activate Bush to the 53-man roster or release him. After Sunday's home game with the Texans, though, it may become a bit clearer what Kiffin is planning on doing.

He might cut someone, but it probably won't be Bush.

Don't be shocked to see LaMont Jordan's days with the Raiders end earlier than expected.

Anthony Carroll, a senior writer for RealFootball365.com, can be contacted at acarroll@realfootball365.com

Edited by Return Of S&B

Great post Return of S&B, I added Fargas about a week or so ago in a league I'm in and I hope it pans out. Definitely thinking of using him this week.

The Raiders seem especially closed mouth on this. I have a stinkin gut feeling this is the week for Fargas to take the reins, but of course, I normally suffer the Costanza effect...

Then please stop talking. I picked him up in two leagues hoping for that WW gem.