[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seahawk Homers

luke davenport

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Morris has been the backup for quite some time and I believe he would be starting if Alexander goes down.

Thanks. I know Mo's been the man in that role for some time, I just didn't know much about Weaver, except that I heard he had some explosiveness.

Managed to get Shaun on the cheap. The Hawks have a decent Run EOS down the stretch. Who would come in if Shaun outright broke? Morris or Weaver? I may look to handcuff one because I have room.

Thanks.

Unless you gave up Jerry Porter or less, you got hosed. Believe me, you do not want the handcuff either.

Wouldnt it be Morris then Pearlman?or did Pearlman get hurt?

Pearman would play in 2-back sets, Weaver would play in single-back sets. If Morris and Alexander got hurt, Weaver would get the majority of the load. Look for his role to expand more and more as we get less and less from Shaun.

His penis very well may have shriveled, but his line most definitely sucks right now.

Not entirely true. FIrst, they are VERY good at pass blocking. Second, pick any game in 2005 and watch ten running plays. Freeze the screen right after Shaun gets the ball and look at what he has in front of him. Fast foward to 2007 and pick any ten running plays and freeze the screen in the same spot. In roughly 2 of the 10 from this year, you're right, the blocking is worse, and Shaun is bottled up in the backfield. For the other 8 or so, the screen shot is nearly identical. What you will see for the most part is a small crease with a linebacker about to fill it. Now.....watch the rest of the play. In '05, Shaun would go right through the hole and shrug that guy off more times than not. Nowadays he stutter steps and eventually folds before he even gets to the linebacker. Even I was surprised when I saw it for myself, and I knew it was going to happen!!

Not entirely true. FIrst, they are VERY good at pass blocking. Second, pick any game in 2005 and watch ten running plays. Freeze the screen right after Shaun gets the ball and look at what he has in front of him. Fast foward to 2007 and pick any ten running plays and freeze the screen in the same spot. In roughly 2 of the 10 from this year, you're right, the blocking is worse, and Shaun is bottled up in the backfield. For the other 8 or so, the screen shot is nearly identical. What you will see for the most part is a small crease with a linebacker about to fill it. Now.....watch the rest of the play. In '05, Shaun would go right through the hole and shrug that guy off more times than not. Nowadays he stutter steps and eventually folds before he even gets to the linebacker. Even I was surprised when I saw it for myself, and I knew it was going to happen!!

Yes, they are a pretty decent pass-blocking unit.

I've only watched a few of their games this year, but was shocked at how there were no holes in between the tackles at times earlier this year (vs. TB and ARI, for example). Not that Alexander has shown much burst this year, but it's telling when the only consistent gains are off tackle.

But alot of it is also due to the wrist,he cant switch hands and he tries to protect it when he gets hit.

Pearman would play in 2-back sets, Weaver would play in single-back sets. If Morris and Alexander got hurt, Weaver would get the majority of the load. Look for his role to expand more and more as we get less and less from Shaun.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Pearman is out for the year on IR. I believe Morris would be the guy should Alexander go down, but Leonard Weaver has looked good and showed flashes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Pearman is out for the year on IR. I believe Morris would be the guy should Alexander go down, but Leonard Weaver has looked good and showed flashes.

Yes, Pearman is out for the year. and although Morris would probably get the start, Leonard Weaver would definitely get some opportunities. If Strong was still playing, I'm not so sure Weaver wouldn't be the man if SA got injured.

I traded for him and I'm starting him against the CLEV 29th ranked rushing DEF. He goes off this week. :D

"Going off" for him is now 100 yards and a TD. He was supposed to "go off" against the horrible run defense of the Saints, then the next week against an even worse run defense in St. Louis. The guy does not "go off" anymore. If I hear one more fantasy owner using the cast as an exuse, I am going to puke!!! It isn't like he used to use that off arm to stiff-arm or anything. Neither was he prone to shifting the ball alot. The O-line is certainly part of it, but Shaun is a has-been and never will be again.

"Going off" for him is now 100 yards and a TD. He was supposed to "go off" against the horrible run defense of the Saints, then the next week against an even worse run defense in St. Louis. The guy does not "go off" anymore. If I hear one more fantasy owner using the cast as an exuse, I am going to puke!!! It isn't like he used to use that off arm to stiff-arm or anything. Neither was he prone to shifting the ball alot. The O-line is certainly part of it, but Shaun is a has-been and never will be again.

Your hard-on for Shaun rivals Irish's for Blitz.

Just curious...what did you guys have to give up for him?

I traded Cedric Benson for Drew Brees. The owner of Alexander was pissed cause he wanted to deal him for Brees, but the other owner needed a RB and Alexander was on bye. So I turned around and trade Brees for Alexander. This was all before Brees' 4 TD game of course. I only wanted Brees to play matchups with my starter McNabb, but I couldn't pass up Alexander returning to form the second half of the season when RB's will be more valuable for a backup QB.

I traded Cedric Benson for Drew Brees. The owner of Alexander was pissed cause he wanted to deal him for Brees, but the other owner needed a RB and Alexander was on bye. So I turned around and trade Brees for Alexander. This was all before Brees' 4 TD game of course. I only wanted Brees to play matchups with my starter McNabb, but I couldn't pass up Alexander returning to form the second half of the season when RB's will be more valuable for a backup QB.

You can kiss your season goodbye.