[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OFFICIAL Cowboys vs. Eagles Sig Bet

Cowboyz1

What I want to know is how many people will the drunk tank at the Linc center hold?... :D

There is never enough room in it for the Dallas game. Mainly because the cockroach local Cowboy fans, mainly bandwagon riding urbanites from the inner-city, come to the game to try and start some noise. I can guarantee that the 'drunk tank' as you call it will have more of those clowns in it than Eagle's fans. Reason being is they start it, we finish it, then they cart the opposing jersey wearing cockroach thug down the steps while the Philly faithful give a rousing rendition of the @$$hole chant the whole way down.. I love Dallas week.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And so you know. I have the upmost respect for any Cowboys fan who resides or derives from the city of Dallas, state of Texas, or surrounding area. I do, however, find issue with a fan of any team who grew up in a part of the country that has a long standing professional franchise and chooses to support another team based on the color of their Jersey, prior successes, or just plain spite for their local team. I have absolutely ZERO respect for these types of fans and their opinion on anything related to sports means absolutely nothing to me.

As an Eagle fan , I am in. Hopefully we get a balanced bet here with an even # of cowboy fans to Eagles fans.

Edited by NSab

And so you know. I have the upmost respect for any Cowboys fan who resides or derives from the city of Dallas, state of Texas, or surrounding area. I do, however, find issue with a fan of any team who grew up in a part of the country that has a long standing professional franchise and chooses to support another team based on the color of their Jersey, prior successes, or just plain spite for their local team. I have absolutely ZERO respect for these types of fans and their opinion on anything related to sports means absolutely nothing to me.

these types of fans are usually very insecure in their lives, and find the need for attention so great that they need to make spectacles of themselves by intentionally rooting for a front-running team, or for the rival of the city in which they live. Note how many Boston Red Sox caps you'll see over the next several years, now that they have won a couple championships.

Same holds true for Dallas fans from outside Texas....they even coined the phrase "America's Team" back in the 70's due to the amount of front-running fans from around the country that are in such dire need of attention, they rooted for the Cowboys as kids. Sad part is, many of these people still beleive they are a part of a national calling...they don't even realize they are t-shirt material.

How pathetic.

these types of fans are usually very insecure in their lives, and find the need for attention so great that they need to make spectacles of themselves by intentionally rooting for a front-running team, or for the rival of the city in which they live. Note how many Boston Red Sox caps you'll see over the next several years, now that they have won a couple championships.

Same holds true for Dallas fans from outside Texas....they even coined the phrase "America's Team" back in the 70's due to the amount of front-running fans from around the country that are in such dire need of attention, they rooted for the Cowboys as kids. Sad part is, many of these people still beleive they are a part of a national calling...they don't even realize they are t-shirt material.

How pathetic.

Interesting posts, I have heard this before and I can understand why you feel the way you do.

I was born in Kilgore, Texas. For the past 35 years or so, I have been a Dallas Cowboys fan (since I was seven or eight years old). However, I did not grow up in Texas (moved before I remember anything from that time). I have lived in Lions or Colts/Bears territory for the majority of my life that I can remember.

I remember my mom telling me when I was watching the first Cowboys game I watched on the tube that I was born a couple hours from Dallas. That connection started me down the path of being a Cowboys fan.

I cannot see myself being a Colts or Bears fan (although, in a thread posted here in the past that asked what team you would switch to if your current favorite team ceased to exist, I said I would probably become a Bears fan).

So maybe I am fooling myself and I have continued to be a fan for the reasons that swammi stated. I probably should convert to being a fan of a more "local" (to me) team in the NFL and quit fooling myself.

:D

Nah. Screw that. :D

Oh...and count me in on this bet!

How pathetic.

I met real Dallas fans when I visited Texas and went to a Monday night game at Texas Stadium. The experience was cool, very nice people etc. I can't stand the front running frauds who root for the Cowboys and that have never even been close to living there. As a Football fan I believe you should root for the teams you grew up with locally. Always root for the home team win or lose.

That is about the dumbest thing I have heard is some time. Since I am a native Californian and root for my Cowboys, I'll take issue with this since I am among those you've targeted with this hogwash. First off let's see, there are 50 states with 32 teams scattered among them. Some states like Cali Florida, Texas, and New York have multiple teams. Moreover, those states with multiple teams have numerous cities and rural areas. So to say that a fan MUST root for the local team is down right foolish as 18 states don't even have team and kids don't have much choice in relocation. I happen to be in NO. Cal. and can't stand the Bay Area period. Being from a state the size of one of our cities I can see why you feel like the Local thing is all that. After all, your neighbor is within pissing distance. Why the heck do I have to pull for a team I can't stand, playing in a city I can't stand, 4 1/2 hours away from me? Your saying you hate people who excercise their freedom of choice to root for what ever team they like? Starting to sound pretty stupid huh.........Let's continue.

You suffer from what is called innercitylosercowboyenvyitis. Don't be alarmed, it's curable. You see, you have been deprived of the one thing that makes football fans, well, feel proud and stable. It's a thing called Championships. Yes, I know that word stings a little but bear with me. You see Buffalo Fans feel the same ways you do. Why venture out and pull for a winner when you have a four time loser right here in our own back yard(in your case three time). Look getting there is difficult and to do three or even four times in a row, and come up short is admirable but fatal. I know, I know, it burns but stay with me here. While your hoping for a Dallas loss or a Philly win, mine eyes are on bigger game. You see, Philly fans expect loss and heartbreak. They see it every day. They expect Santa not to show up, thus pelting him with snowballs as a preemptive strike. You expect Roy Williams to pick Mcnabb and take it to the house on Sundays. You have become accustom to your surroundings and dare I say, desensitized to the pain that has always been around the corner. The light is a train, if you will. Hence, the on site jail for loser drunks that can't take it anymore and snap.

Let me be the first to say, I understand your bitterness and anger towards those fans who have chosen to venture away from the pain and embrace victory at it's highest level. Being a Philly fan is heartbreaking enough, but to actually live there too, well, that is dire indeed.

Let's get on with how to recover from this vicious cycle of endless pain and suffering. It's ok to lose once in a while, I have even felt the crushing feeling myself last year. But to continue to hope for a win over Dallas, an East Title, an NFC Championship and then.............well.......nothing. That's self destructive behavior my friend plain and simple. I was fortunate enough to have a grandfather from Texas and LA who taught me the fundamentals of rooting for winners. So I stuck with L.A. until they moved as my "local" favorite and Dallas from childhood. For you to tell me that you can't stand people like me, well, I have but one thing to say. Don't hate the man; hate the behavior, your own I mean. You see you can't stand the fact that it's human nature to gravitate to winners and feel that triumphant feeling at the end of a long battle. Your out of the loop so to speak, and like it there. You missed out, and Scourge I am sorry that you have fallen short so many times. It’s not your fault though and you can recover, all you have to do is reject the darkness and suffering and embrace the light that beams from a Trophy. It is your choice though, it is all up to you. For I predict, very soon, you know, that feeling you have lived with for a long while now, will be present again soon. As soon as this Sunday Scourge. Prepare yourself and sever your ties with loss and pain or suffer the reopening of the same aging wound.

Good luck with your issues as I will be rooting for YOU, yes you, accross the country from me, a foriegn brother if you will, to be victorious in your battle to free yourself from the terror of losing and the spiteful feelings towards those of winners. Look no further but to your coach for leadership. I feel for the guy as he can't control his adult childrens behavior and I know it's killing him inside. He just needs to cut them lose and move on. Love them from a distance unitl they love him back with respect for being there day in and day out. Good luck, I'm pulling for ya :D

Go Cowboys.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Why venture out and pull for a winner when you have a four time loser right here in our own back yard(in your case three time).

Because we live and die with our team through thick and thin. We'd rather live with and support our team no matter their performance, than sell our souls and root for another team just because they were successful 10-30 years ago, then occasionally rear our ugly heads when the team is playing well again.

But thanks for confirming what many fans around the country already knew...that you and many Cowboys fans think its more logical to "venture out and pull for a winner"....as many here stated, that is a very sad way to go through life.

You see you can't stand the fact that it's human nature to gravitate to winners and feel that triumphant feeling at the end of a long battle.

Actually, its not. Its about supporting your own your thick and thin. It's about being real, and not being fake.

Be careful if you plan to have a family...I can't imagine the emotional trauma your kids might experience if some neighbor was better than your own child at a sport, and you abandoned your own flesh and blood, because after all, it's human nature to gravitate to winners. Thats how we feel about our team....OUR team. Our family.

Maybe one day you'll be as passionate about your team...but I doubt it....unless of course, they are winning.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

How pathetic.

:D I think I will have to say BullSh!t.....

I grew up in the SF Bay Area, never lived in Texas, and started following the Cowboys at the VERY BEGINNING, that's right, I remember when those throwback spamshirts were the real spamshirts, I remember when Tom Landry had a full head of hair, and Eddie LeBaron was throwing the ball. All thoses names on the Ring of Honor in Texas Stadium, I have seen them play.....

I have followed them thru thick and thin for 47 years..... So gentlemen, your little theory does not hold the puke from your Nancy Boy QB...... :D

GO COWBOYS!!!

Because we live and die with our team through thick and thin. We'd rather live with and support our team no matter their performance, than sell our souls and root for another team just because they were successful 10-30 years ago, then occasionally rear our ugly heads when the team is playing well again.

But thanks for confirming what many fans around the country already knew...that you and many Cowboys fans think its more logical to "venture out and pull for a winner"....as many here stated, that is a very sad way to go through life.

Actually, its not. Its about supporting your own your thick and thin. It's about being real, and not being fake.

Be careful if you plan to have a family...I can't imagine the emotional trauma your kids might experience if some neighbor was better than your own child at a sport, and you abandoned your own flesh and blood, because after all, it's human nature to gravitate to winners. Thats how we feel about our team....OUR team. Our family.

Maybe one day you'll be as passionate about your team...but I doubt it....unless of course, they are winning.

Look I get it ok. I am about as Passionate a Cowboys fan as they come, if you haven't noticed and I live in Cali but have loved the Boys since I was 7 or 8. I am 40 now. So do the math. Think and thin, I agree. Pick a team and stick with it, I agree but don't tell me I can't pick anyone I want. Period.

FYI, my kid loves the Rams and San Diego I would say he is more about San Diego though. And I support him and love San Diego also. I love football and so does my wife. We spend our Sundays from 8am to 9pm watching football. I have it very great in my home with a wife that lives and dies with her Chargers and me with my Boys. There isn't a better day in the week from Aug. to Feb. in this household. I do agree though to pick a team and go with it, fortunate for me I picked a winner that's that has gotten a little more thick then thin. I could have been a Philly fan, but I'm not and glad of it. Makes for good ribbing if you know what I mean. :D

Edited by Cowboyz1

Why do some south Jersey guys root for the Eagles ? Philadelphia is PA . I assume that you just banged the gavel of who is a fan and who isnt a fan on a good group of your Eagle brethren based on them living in NJ..They should be Giants fans ..Right ? Giants play in NJ and every guy I know in NJ that considers themself a true homer like yourself roots for the Giants..

Roll Call Who's in so far

Cowboys

cowboyz1

whomper

CowboysDiehard

JojoTheWebToedBoy

Howboutthemcowboys

Eagles

Keggerz

Scourge

i_am_the_swammi

Nsab

Avernus

Hugh-mongus

I never said I was in..I dont do sig line bets anymore..They are stupid IMO. Last year the drama of who held up their end of the bargain made me realize how ridiculous the concept is..

Why do some south Jersey guys root for the Eagles ? Philadelphia is PA . I assume that you just banged the gavel of who is a fan and who isnt a fan on a good group of your Eagle brethren based on them living in NJ..They should be Giants fans ..Right ? Giants play in NJ and every guy I know in NJ that considers themself a true homer like yourself roots for the Giants..

Actually, north Jersey are traditionally Giants fans and south Jersey are traditionally Eagles fans. There can be a blurred line in the demographics but I am mainly talking about guys who live thousands of miles from the team that they root for and always have. New Jersey is one of those tweener states that can swing toward either team.

you know that North Jersey and South Jersey are really 2 different states :D

and as a guy that lives in Northern NJ doesnt it just steam your balls that they are called the NY Giants :D

you know that North Jersey and South Jersey are really 2 different states :D

and as a guy that lives in Northern NJ doesnt it just steam your balls that they are called the NY Giants :D

Not really..I am a fan of Americas team

Actually, north Jersey are traditionally Giants fans and south Jersey are traditionally Eagles fans. There can be a blurred line in the demographics but I am mainly talking about guys who live thousands of miles from the team that they root for and always have. New Jersey is one of those tweener states that can swing toward either team.

Whatever helps you sleep at night..I still think you should root for Pittsburgh if you live in PA under your theory..

Whatever helps you sleep at night..I still think you should root for Pittsburgh if you live in PA under your theory..

Harrisburg is the mid-point of the state. West are Steelers fans and East are Eagles fans. It is not too hard to figure out. Just like north New York state are Bills fans. It is not rocket science.

I grew up in a Philadelphia suburb and over the years I have lived in the city itself. If I had never lived near Philly and I was an Eagles fan, I would expect the same to be said about me. To defend the Cowboys fans who grew up in and around Philly or any other city that has a professional football team that isn't the city of Dallas is idiocy. It is blatant bandwaggoning and you never hear from these roaches when the Boys are stinking it up. But, now they are crawling out from under the rocks and annoying the fanbase here to no end. the America's Team tag was nothing but a cheap marketing ploy by the NFL to lure bandwagon jumpers of all shapes and sizes to latch onto a team while they were a dynasty. Anyone who lives in another market and became a fan of the Cowboys during that time has no loyalty or self respect and should be ashamed of themseles.

Harrisburg is the mid-point of the state. West are Steelers fans and East are Eagles fans. It is not too hard to figure out. Just like north New York state are Bills fans. It is not rocket science.

I grew up in a Philadelphia suburb and over the years I have lived in the city itself. If I had never lived near Philly and I was an Eagles fan, I would expect the same to be said about me. To defend the Cowboys fans who grew up in and around Philly or any other city that has a professional football team that isn't the city of Dallas is idiocy. It is blatant bandwaggoning and you never hear from these roaches when the Boys are stinking it up. But, now they are crawling out from under the rocks and annoying the fanbase here to no end. the America's Team tag was nothing but a cheap marketing ploy by the NFL to lure bandwagon jumpers of all shapes and sizes to latch onto a team while they were a dynasty. Anyone who lives in another market and became a fan of the Cowboys during that time has no loyalty or self respect and should be ashamed of themseles.

i cant believe that i am sorta going to defend cowboy fans....i think a lot of the cowboy fans from other areas are probably because of all the face time they got on TV back in the day(especially the 70s when they were laying their foundation)....school aged kids are watching those games and they have STARS on their helmets and in school you learn stars are GOOD...one of my best friends growing up during grade school was a boys fan and i was a philly fan.....so I can see why there are cowboy fans all over the place and I dont have a problem with the ones that became cowboy fans at a very young age(no matter the reason) and have stayed a cowboy fan thru thick and thin....now bandwagon jumpers yeah I dont have any time for them.

Edited by keggerz