[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Friday Night Lights

darin3

.... is officially one of the best shows on TV. SO glad they inked them for at least a handful of new episodes. NBC shows SUCK ARSE right now and it would be a crying shame if this show went away. That is all.

the season started out a little shaky, but it's gotten a lot better the past few weeks. i hope they're nearing the end of the landry/dead guy plotline, which i thought was weak. but just the fact that they added that hot brunette in the role of "horny new girl" gives it a big :D

My wife loves this show and because I'm a good husband, I watch it with her. I hate this show. It's a giant soap opera. It's only saving grace is that there are a lot of young, attractive girls on the show, all of whom are older than 18, so I don't feel guilty for thinking naughty things about them. I think the high school in this show has a rule that if you're not hot, you can't attend. In fact, I can't think of a woman on this show who I wouldn't hit. I haven't felt that way about a show since Golden Girls.

My wife loves this show and because I'm a good husband, I watch it with her. I hate this show. It's a giant soap opera. It's only saving grace is that there are a lot of young, attractive girls on the show, all of whom are older than 18, so I don't feel guilty for thinking naughty things about them. I think the high school in this show has a rule that if you're not hot, you can't attend. In fact, I can't think of a woman on this show who I wouldn't hit. I haven't felt that way about a show since Golden Girls.

:D

That Rue McClannahan was a little spitfire!

Fast Fact:

Roy Williams (WR) went to Permian HS [Odessa, TX], then went to Texas to play football in college.

Notice the high school is the same from Friday Night Lights (and if you've watched Friday Night Lights you know how intense they are about football) :D

Roy Williams is made for football. :D

Fast Fact:

Roy Williams (WR) went to Permian HS [Odessa, TX], then went to Texas to play football in college.

Notice the high school is the same from Friday Night Lights (and if you've watched Friday Night Lights you know how intense they are about football) :wacko:

Roy Williams is made for football. :D

:D The high school in the series is Dillon, a ficticious (sp) school.

:D The high school in the series is Dillon, a ficticious (sp) school.

Right, book and movie were indeed tied to Permian, but for the TV show they chose a fictitious locale.

They film more than half the show here in Austin. My wife was asked to be an extra (well, bit more than that... non-speaking role but on camera a bunch.... we saw the scene she was to be in: the board meeting discussing the other coach's impromptu firing).

Sure hope NBC figures out a way to keep this show on the air.

My wife loves this show and because I'm a good husband, I watch it with her. I hate this show. It's a giant soap opera.

It is a bit of soap opera-ish, but other than crime shows, couldn't almost all shows be considered like soap operas. I don't watch a ton of TV programs, but I personally think the show is pretty damn good. The acting is top notch, the plot lines are original and genuine, and the chicks are hot - what more could you ask for? (I could've done without the killing plot line this season as others have mentioned).